ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP collect dates

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ladybyron
Newly Registered

BRP collect dates

Post by Ladybyron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi,

I applied to Tier 2 General from outside of the UK.
They put a vignette in my passport with this info:

Date of entry: 01/09/2015
Valid thru: 20/08/2020

So it is almost 5 years.

Although I can enter on September 1st I can't travel until September 26th, and this page got me confused: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect

It says my vignette has a 30 day visa (which doesn't look like it in my passport) and it is mandatory for me to retrieve my BRP until the 10th of my arrival. What they will count as my arrival? My flight in the 26th or the September 1st?

thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: BRP collect dates

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Looks like you have been issued Tier 2 visa in the form of a vignette (old style).
Have you received the details of the postoffice in UK to collect your BRP from? If not, then you will not be issued a BRP, because you don't need one!

Perhaps your case was decided before BRP process was rolled-out in the country you applied from, or the BRP roll-out process in that country has not been implemented yet.

Date of arrival is the date of entry in the UK.
Hope your employment start date is 26-Sep or after. Because if yu do not start employment on the date mentioned int he CoS your employer will have to report you to Home Office.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Ladybyron
Newly Registered

Post by Ladybyron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:55 pm

I requested the visa on 30 july 2015 and in Brazil.

But don't I need a BRP for NHS and stuff, for example?

We had to delay my start date, is it possible to inform this to home office? what are the consequences? I need to be here because I cant travel until then, legal work to do here, I work in IT, what if I work remote, my employer can do that.

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Whatever you think you need the BRP for, the same can be done using the vignette. So don't worry about "not having a BRP".
If your employer informed the Home Office about change of start date then it is fine. If they haven't they must.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Ladybyron
Newly Registered

Post by Ladybyron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:14 pm

thank you for being fast.

I just asked about the BRP because I don't want to go around with my passport, if I lose this hell will break lose. A card is more easy to carry than a passport.

To change the start date is through SMS? would I need to apply for a new CoS or visa?

Ps. Should I make this inquiry on the PBS forum?

Ladybyron
Newly Registered

Post by Ladybyron » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:52 am

Can someone please help me?