ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bukhariibrahim

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:49 pm

AMirAbbasi wrote:My friend applied on 18 May'15 and got the visa on 17 August'15 from Delhi
Thats approx 60 working days which VFS website is quoting as well :(

5K4R
Newly Registered

Post by 5K4R » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:11 pm

bukhariibrahim wrote:
AMirAbbasi wrote:My friend applied on 18 May'15 and got the visa on 17 August'15 from Delhi
Thats approx 60 working days which VFS website is quoting as well :(

They say they aim to process within 60 working days, but they are reporting they are coming to decisions within (as of last week) 44/45 days. Which is a blatant lie. If it was true then Mr. Abbasis friend would've got the visa 15 days back.

prasanthece
Newly Registered

Post by prasanthece » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:17 am

Submitted Settlement Visa Wife
Vfs office - Hyderabad
Visa type: Settlement Spouse Visa
Date of application: 18-June-2015
Biometrics done : 18-June-2015
Application received at Chennai: 22-June-2015
Processed Email on: 17-August-2015
Collected on: 19-August-2015

After a long wait finally got the visa

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:26 am

prasanthece wrote:Submitted Settlement Visa Wife
Vfs office - Hyderabad

Congrats Prasanth and thanks for updating the forum.
Can you please paste the exact processed email that you received from BHC?

-Raju

prasanthece
Newly Registered

Post by prasanthece » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:40 am

Raju1 wrote:
Vfs office - Hyderabad

-Raju
Hi Raju please find the below email

Dear xxxxxx xxxxx ,

GWF Reference No : GWFxxxxxxxxx

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

prasanthece
Newly Registered

Post by prasanthece » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:44 am

prasanthece wrote:
Raju1 wrote:
Vfs office - Hyderabad

-Raju
Hi Raju please find the below email

Dear xxxxxx xxxxx ,

GWF Reference No : GWFxxxxxxxxx

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.
Once you receive an email/Text message(If you opt) from VFS Global then You can track it from the Blue dart page by typing GWFXXXXXXXXX reference number in https://www.bluedart.com/maintracking.html

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:48 am

Thanks prasanthece. Thats a ray of hope for everyone applied after you. Hopefully Location (Delhi/Chennai) shouldnt make much difference....

5K4R
Newly Registered

Post by 5K4R » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:55 pm

5K4R wrote:Those timelines published on the VFS website are rubbish. I think they are average timelines, not actuals. My wife applied on 23rd June from Kolkata. Would be nice to know if anyone applied on or after 23rd June and got the visa.
Probably was wrong about the above

Applied at Kolkata VFS on 23rd June. Received today.
Total 43 working days

My wife got the settlement visa today. Applied under category F. She had to check with Kolkata VFS after receiving the below email which does not even say she got it.

Email received

Dear xxxxx

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF0xxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/19/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:20 pm

5K4R wrote:
5K4R wrote:Those timelines published on the VFS website are rubbish. I think they are average timelines, not actuals. My wife applied on 23rd June from Kolkata. Would be nice to know if anyone applied on or after 23rd June and got the visa.

Total 43 working days

My wife got the settlement visa today. Applied under category F. She had to check with Kolkata VFS after receiving the below email which does not even say she got it.

Email received

Dear xxxxx

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF0xxxxxxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 8/19/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
@5K4R,

Thanks for updating the forum. It just giving us the hope that will get our visa's soon.
Best wishes. I think this is the email you received from VFS, Kolkata centre.

Can you please paste the exact processed email that you received from BHC, Delhi??

Cheers!!

5K4R
Newly Registered

Post by 5K4R » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:08 pm

Raju1 wrote:
5K4R wrote:

Total 43 working days

Email received

Dear xxxxx

@5K4R,

Thanks for updating the forum. It just giving us the hope that will get our visa's soon.
Best wishes. I think this is the email you received from VFS, Kolkata centre.

Can you please paste the exact processed email that you received from BHC, Delhi??

Cheers!!
Raju,
That I do not know. Email address was crmadmin@vfsglobal.com which does not look like a visa centre location specific email address. The email I pasted above was the only email we received. Did not receive any other email from BHC Delhi. What my wife received from VFS Kolkata centre was the documents that I submitted, her passport with the 30 day sticker and a print out of a letter telling her that the application was successful, she has to travel to the UK within 30 days, and she needs to collect her BRP card within 10days from the post office, she has been granted 27 month visa and instructions for extensions etc. don't look like there is any consistency in how they inform applicants that their application has been successful.

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:49 am

Hi All,

I have a query regarding chasing UKVI for status updates via email.

I have chased them twice - 13/8 & 20/8 and have received an identical reply for both queries

The only difference between both email replies is that the latest one states -
The current status shows it is under progress. along with the standard email reply. Is that any good?

Based on few members experience i can see that they have started receiving their visas in approx 8 week. and this is my 7th week...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ibrahim

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 am

bukhariibrahim wrote:Hi All,

I have chased them twice - 13/8 & 20/8 and have received an identical reply for both queries

The current status shows it is under progress. along with the standard email reply. Is that any good?

Based on few members experience i can see that they have started receiving their visas in approx 8 week. and this is my 7th week...

Thanks
Ibrahim

I chased twice with them on 3rd and 14th August and got the same reply both the times that 'Not yet assessed by ECO', but I have submitted at Mumbai VFS on 22nd July.
So for you, if it says your application is under progress, it means they have started working on it (that's what I would assume). But again, reading past posts I have a feeling this UKVI enquiry system isn't very reliable. Hopefully, you will hear soon.

regards,
ST

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:39 am

Hi Sthakur,

I hope so, however they have added that its awaiting to be assessed by an ECO :(

Its very confusing indeed! My application date wass 9th July..

I'll let you know if i hear anything more.

Thanks...

mariappanmrt

Post by mariappanmrt » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi All,

I am following this forum for a few days. I also applied for family settlement visa on 16th July at Chennai. When I asked for the status this week, they replied that 'currently there are no updates on my application'. I am just wondering even after 5 weeks I am not seeing any progress. Atleast I expected the status as 'under progress'. I am worrying now about the timeline. When will I get the status as under progress atleast?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Regards,
Mariappan

5K4R
Newly Registered

Post by 5K4R » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:40 pm

sthakur wrote:
bukhariibrahim wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Ibrahim

I chased twice with them on 3rd and 14th August and got the same reply both the times that 'Not yet assessed by ECO', but I have submitted at Mumbai VFS on 22nd July.
So for you, if it says your application is under progress, it means they have started working on it (that's what I would assume). But again, reading past posts I have a feeling this UKVI enquiry system isn't very reliable. Hopefully, you will hear soon.

regards,
ST
I chased twice 15 days apart,and I can say no point chasing. Their responses don't make any sense and put you in panic mode.

5K4R
Newly Registered

Post by 5K4R » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:07 pm

May I also add, do not call them either on that premium number. All posts with regards to their premium rate number suggest its useless, so never called them myself. It's a lucrative deal between the UK home office and the Hinduja group to get rich out of people's misery and I won't be surprised if the email responses are to make people panic and make them ring that premium number.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:54 am

@All,
Anymore updates from the applicants of June End or July 1st week.

Thanks!!

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Raju1 wrote:@All,

Thanks!!

Hi Raju

My application date was 9th July and havent heard anything yet except 2 emails with the standard email reply saying awaiting to be assessed by ECO. Based on last few updates on this forum i am assuming it will take just over 8 weeks. Also as per vfs globals latest service Delhi are currently processing settlement visas in 45 days (9 weeks) and Chennai is 43 days (Just under 9 weeks).

Thanks
Ibrahim

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:18 pm

bukhariibrahim wrote:

Thanks!!

Hi Raju

My application date was 9th July and havent heard anything yet except 2 emails with the standard email reply saying awaiting to be assessed by ECO. Based on last few updates on this forum i am assuming it will take just over 8 weeks. Also as per vfs globals latest service Delhi are currently processing settlement visas in 45 days (9 weeks) and Chennai is 43 days (Just under 9 weeks).

Thanks
Ibrahim
I enquired this morning and got a reply ''there are no current updates. Either you have submitted your application recently or the details provided are wrong.''
Till last week I was getting the reply ''Not yet assessed by ECO.''
Based on the earlier posts here, these both the replies are standard replies people were getting.
Best way is to just stick to the current timelines as Ibrahim mentioned.

Cheers,
ST

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Note that, 28th Aug is a holiday in Chennai BHC for Onam.
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23 am

All,

UKVI have update their July stats from Mumbai on their webpage as well:

Settlement Visas

Settlement
Most applications are processed within 60 days.

Number of days to process application % of applications decided

10 days 4%

15 days 4%

30 days 55%

60 days 100%

Note: actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.

The above data is for all decisions made in July 2015

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi All

Submitted Settlement Visa Wife
Vfs office - Hyderabad
Date of application: 24-July-2015
Biometrics done : 24-June-2015
Application received at Chennai: 27-July-2015

Awaiting decision...

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Thanks!!
@Raju: did you hear anything yet? You have submitted at end of June eh?

Cheers
ST

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:22 pm

@ST,

I haven't hear back anything yet, this waiting time is just sucks :(.. I have applied on 6th July not end of June. I believe people who have applied on end of June must have received by this time.

I guess i might have to wait until next week to get the results :( will update the forum as soon as i hear back anything from them.

Thanks,
Raju

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi guys,

Just following the forum to establish the timelines for the Settlement visa. My wife's visa application timeline is as follows:

Visa type: Settlement Spouse Visa - Category - F
Vfs office - Mumbai South (Nariman Point)
Date of application: 20-July-2015
Biometrics done : 20-July-2015

Awaiting decision

No email sent about the receipt of application. So had to contact them they said they have received the application but didn't confirm whether it is with Mumbai Deputy High Commission or High commission in Delhi.

Using their Email service from Hinduja Group (HGS), following are the responses:
25/07/2015 - not yet been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO)
31/07/2015 - not yet been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO)
08/08/2015 - not yet been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO)
26/08/2015 - I have tracked the status and found that there are no current updates. This could be because your application was submitted recently or the details that you have provided above are incorrect

After reading the posts in this forum, one thing is now clear that there is less value in contacting HGS through phone as it is waste of money and the HGS email responses are of no help.

We all seem to be in a similar boat. Lets hope and pray that we hear something soon from UKVI.
Its a test of patience and perseverance.