ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ATIFPHYSIO
Newly Registered

Return of documents

Post by ATIFPHYSIO » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Urgent Help!!!!!

I have applied for British naturalisation on 3rd March 2015 and received acknowledgement on 9th of march 2015 with money withdrawn as well on same day. I did not use NCS service and sent my original passport and residence permit card endorsing my indefinite leave to remain with the application. I have been in the meanwhile offered a new job and they want to see my original residence permit card before giving me a start date. Can I ask for return of documents from home office ? and will that impact on my application apart from delay in processing. I just have to use to document to show to my new employer not for travel. Help will be appreciated

Thanks
Atif

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: Return of documents

Post by solospy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Why on earth you didn't use NCS if you were in the process of finding/being offered a job. I would always recommend using NCS as you can always end up with a situation where you need to travel urgently.

I don't think you can ask for your documents back as they will treat it as a withdrawal of application

Moral of the story. Always use NCS!!!

JamesBrodie

Post by JamesBrodie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:43 pm

From what I understand, it should be possible to get your documents back without withdrawing your application. You can do this over the phone and they'll let you know if getting your documents back will withdraw the application.
Naturalisation App: 25/3
Receipt by UKBA: 26/3
Email Ack/Fee taken: 13/4
Approval: 8/5 (Dated: 2/5)
Ceremony: 27/5

Passport App: 3/6 via PO
Receipt of App: 4/6
Interview Letter: 10/6
Return of Docs: 11/6
Interview: 15/6
Printed: 16/6
Arrived: 17/6

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:46 pm

JamesBrodie wrote:From what I understand, it should be possible to get your documents back without withdrawing your application. You can do this over the phone and they'll let you know if getting your documents back will withdraw the application.

Glad to be proven wrong but I highly doubt it

ATIFPHYSIO
Newly Registered

Post by ATIFPHYSIO » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi,

I know i have made this grave mistake but there is no back space. As per reading on return of documents on home office website it seem we can request for return of documents which will not equal to withdrawing application?
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

solospy wrote:Why on earth you didn't use NCS if you were in the process of finding/being offered a job. I would always recommend using NCS as you can always end up with a situation where you need to travel urgently.

I don't think you can ask for your documents back as they will treat it as a withdrawal of application

Moral of the story. Always use NCS!!!

JamesBrodie

Post by JamesBrodie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:51 pm

That's correct, ATIFPHYSIO. You can request it online via that link or over the phone.
Naturalisation App: 25/3
Receipt by UKBA: 26/3
Email Ack/Fee taken: 13/4
Approval: 8/5 (Dated: 2/5)
Ceremony: 27/5

Passport App: 3/6 via PO
Receipt of App: 4/6
Interview Letter: 10/6
Return of Docs: 11/6
Interview: 15/6
Printed: 16/6
Arrived: 17/6

ATIFPHYSIO
Newly Registered

Post by ATIFPHYSIO » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:42 pm

I have applied for the return of documents using online form. Let us see what happens next

The.Watcher

Post by The.Watcher » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 pm

ATIFPHYSIO wrote:I have applied for the return of documents using online form. Let us see what happens next
Should hopefully have them soon, you're not the only one that has requested their documentation back via the online form. As long as you chose not to withdraw the application then can only be a matter of time for them to locate the requested documents and send with a letter advising that they may request the documents back for your application if required later on.

I believe the advised lead time for documents return is 20 working days.

Let us know if it all works out on the return and how long it took.

kiransrose
Newly Registered

Post by kiransrose » Thu May 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi ATIFPHYSIO

Could you please update us if you have received the documents back, and what was the time frame.

Also could you provide us the details of any letter received from home office with the documents.

Kind Regards

ATIFPHYSIO
Newly Registered

Post by ATIFPHYSIO » Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 pm

I have no recived documents back from home office yet. called them last weeks and advised to contact again if i dont receive in two weeks. Will update you once received

kiransrose
Newly Registered

Post by kiransrose » Tue May 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi ATIFPHYSIO,

Any news on your return of documents?

Could you please update us if you have received the documents.

Kind Regards

ATIFPHYSIO
Newly Registered

Post by ATIFPHYSIO » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:11 pm

I have recived the documents and it took 4 weeks in total

graja03
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by graja03 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:03 am

Hi Guys,
I am also requested my documents to be returned as I got emergency travel planned very soon. I have applied my naturalisation on april 15th 2015 and done my biometric 30 days later.
I am completely unaware of NCS service when i applied for my naturalization.

Anyhow, I have requested my documents now but it says i need to wait for atleast 20 working days.

Do you guys think, HO will return within 20 working days or will they take more than month? because, I m very much in need of travel to outside UK.

ANY THOUGHTS APPRECIABLE!!

THANKS

RAM

graja03
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by graja03 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Hey Guys,

Any one know the contact number for requesting the documents back.
I requested my all my original documents but chosen as not withdrawing application using online link.

Does any one know, HO will consider as withdrawing application or still consider my case for further naturalisation process?

thanks in advance

ram

graja03
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by graja03 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi there,

I just let you know that HO has returned my documents within 7 working days and also stating that they considering my application
for naturalization. They also mentioned that, they going to send the request letter to ask my original supporting documents back at the time of consideration.

graja03
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by graja03 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi ATIFPHYSIO,

I have seen from your previous thread, that you got your documents back from HO.
I also requested and had docs yesterday.
Can we use the NCS again? So, that means HO don't need to contact us again to ask our documents back while considering our application? (In this way, we can avoid time delaying our naturlisation process)

any thoughts guys!!!

thanks

scritch
Newly Registered

Post by scritch » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Hey Guys,

I wasn't aware of the NSC either :( (and now I want to punch myself)

Can anyone confirm if if the Document Return Request Online form will either:

1. Delay application
2. Cancel application
3. Will copy and send back documents keeping application as is in the queue

I can see the documents were returned in about a month but not if the application is still being process and if travel is possible?

I might need my ILR and passport to travel to India in December for a family visit. (I'm Indian, applied for citizenship / naturalisation early May. Not received a letter or seen the application fee leave my bank account. From the timeline threads it looks like they are more than 2 months delayed on applications, if not longer. )

Any help or even a helpline number would be appreciated! Scared to request documents back because I'm not sure of the process don't want to have to re-apply and lose £1000

Freedommmm
Newly Registered

Post by Freedommmm » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:22 am

I also made a grave mistake of not using NCS.. I only found out about NCS one day before sending out the application with the documents and just assumed that the return of documents form will be effective enough.

Naturalisation App: 14/7
Receipt by UKBA: 15/7
Return of documents requested: 19/07, R.O.D. Progress request form 03/08. Second progress request 17/08.
Email Ack/Fee taken: 22/7
Approval: TBA
Ceremony: TBA

I have requested the documents back initially on 19th due to someone in my falling very ill overseas. I have NOT heard anything from the UKBA/Home Office regarding my documents. I did a "progress request" form on 3rd August. Very sadly, my close relative had died and I could not fly out for a funeral. Today is 17th and I had just done my second "progress request" form.

Is anybody awake at the UKBA/home office? It has now been way 20 working days since my original R.O.D. request. I have been unable to find any contact number to speak to someone to hurry things up! they just keep telling you to use the websites and do online forms.

Is there any way possible to speak to a live person about it?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:26 am

Freedommmm wrote:I also made a grave mistake of not using NCS.. I only found out about NCS one day before sending out the application with the documents and just assumed that the return of documents form will be effective enough.

Return of documents requested: 19/07, R.O.D. Progress request form 03/08. Second progress request 17/08.

I have requested the documents back initially on 19th due to someone in my falling very ill overseas. I have NOT heard anything from the UKBA/Home Office regarding my documents. I did a "progress request" form on 3rd August. Very sadly, my close relative had died and I could not fly out for a funeral. Today is 17th and I had just done my second "progress request" form.

Is anybody awake at the UKBA/home office? It has now been way 20 working days since my original R.O.D. request. I have been unable to find any contact number to speak to someone to hurry things up! they just keep telling you to use the websites and do online forms.

Is there any way possible to speak to a live person about it?
Just to put this into perspective, i requested my documents to be returned in early june, and only just received (with some missing) the documents today. In between, ive requested a follow up on the return of documents, and also spoken to someone on their helpline where "return of documents is taking of to 30 WORKING days"

Freedommmm
Newly Registered

Post by Freedommmm » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Freedommmm wrote:Egoneo, thanks for letting us all know!

Which phone number did you call and which option to actually speak to a liver person if its over 30 working days?

Thanks
Meantime, I have lodged a SECOND return of documents online form. How many times do you have to do it until they respond?

Gemini87
Newly Registered

Post by Gemini87 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Applied for registering my child using MN1 on 13th April 2015.Requested documents back by completing online form on 14thaug2015..still waiting.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Freedommmm wrote:
Freedommmm wrote:Egoneo, thanks for letting us all know!

Which phone number did you call and which option to actually speak to a liver person if its over 30 working days?

Thanks
Meantime, I have lodged a SECOND return of documents online form. How many times do you have to do it until they respond?
Hey,

Can't remember the number, but it was one of the generic home office numbers from the gov uk website. These guys won't be able to help much as all they do is forward your "issue" to someone at the home office. I got a call from someone at the home office a few days later (unknown number) who explained to me that it was taking longer than usual for return of documents

Gemini87
Newly Registered

Post by Gemini87 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:18 am

Gemini87 wrote:Applied for registering my child using MN1 on 13th April 2015.Requested documents back by completing online form on 14thaug2015..still waiting.
All documents were returned in special delivery envelope exactly on10th working day I.e 27th aug15. Also received a letter stating they do not need to see the documents again & application is successful.

Freedommmm
Newly Registered

Post by Freedommmm » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:37 am

I got my documents returned today! It took 30 working days since R.O.D. request, with 2 progress requests and a 2nd R.O.D. request.

The letter says that I may have to send them in again, when the work starts on my application. Another words, they WASTED TIME. Home Office, are you reading this? I am paying taxes so that you all get paid your salaries!

Return of documents requested: 19/07, R.O.D. Progress request form 03/08. Second progress request 17/08. Second ROD request: 20/08. Finally received back: 28/08 (which means 30 working days)

Freedommmm
Newly Registered

Post by Freedommmm » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:18 am

Got a letter yesterday, 29/09/2015 from the Home Office. It is the first and only letter received from them about my application.
The letter said the fees could not be charged because of incorrect expiry date of my card. Strange because I always double and triple check all the forms before sending them.
In any case, I will send of a new payment page today in their self-addressed envelope provided.