ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dal

Re: MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (onl

Post by Dal » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi all,

Here I am again . I have applied for my 1 year old son.

This is the timeline

Eligibility criteria :section1(3)
Date and Method of application: NCS (ISLINGTON) 13/08/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/08/2015
Date of debit of fees: Awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Awaiting
Date of biometric letter: Awaiting
Date biometrics enrolled:Awaiting
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of receipt of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting

Good luck to all!

Dal

Sammy2
Newly Registered

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:23 am

Sammy2 wrote:
pebbles79 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Date and Method of application: 29/06/2015 by post
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/06/2015
Date of debit of fees: 09/07/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 10/07/2015
Date of biometric letter: 10/07/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 14/07/2015
hi is there any luck!
Hi pebbles79, can we have update please.

Thanks Sammy2

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Please let us know anybody got certificate after Apr6th with newly introduced biometrics?? I don't know will they take 4 months + 2 months for biometric verifications?? :( :cry:

usbukhari

Post by usbukhari » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:50 pm

update

Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Date and Method of application: 04/08/2015 by post
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05/08/2015 (checked by online tracking)
Date of debit of fees: 14/08/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18/08/2015
Date of biometric letter: 18/08/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 18/08/2015
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting (long wait now :(
Date of receipt of documents: Awaiting(long wait now :(
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting (long wait now :(

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi Everyone

Please update if anyone has received approval this week. Seems like no approvals this week. :(

I also got a response from my FOI request. I will post the link shortly but for info from Jan 14 to 31 Mar 15 HO decided 44000 applications and no staff is relocated to HMPO. There are 196 case workers dealing with nationality applications.

Thanks

saddyv
Newly Registered

Post by saddyv » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:03 am

Hi all
Just a quick question pls.
I am due to go for my ILR application at a PEO office soon but I am not including my UK born child's name on it as I understand I can apply for his citizenship via form MN1 sec 3(1)
My question is his existing leave to remain expired in mid September .do I have to submit his naturalisation application before that it do I have to apply for his passport before that?
As reading people's experiences here suggests that there is long wait .
I am concerned if it is taking that long his leave will expire before he gets his passport.

Thanks

avimanyu_sengupta

Post by avimanyu_sengupta » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:47 am

saddyv wrote:Hi all
Just a quick question pls.
I am due to go for my ILR application at a PEO office soon but I am not including my UK born child's name on it as I understand I can apply for his citizenship via form MN1 sec 3(1)
My question is his existing leave to remain expired in mid September .do I have to submit his naturalisation application before that it do I have to apply for his passport before that?
As reading people's experiences here suggests that there is long wait .
I am concerned if it is taking that long his leave will expire before he gets his passport.

Thanks
Hi,

If your son is UK born, he should be entitled to British citizienship under 'Section 1(3)' via the MN1 form once you have ILR. His existing leave to remain wouldn't matter as soon as you gain ILR for him to live in the UK (he wouldn't become illegal or stateless as he is born in the UK and you have ILR), but the problem would arise if you want to take him abroad and come back to the UK.

So my suggestion would be to apply for his British Citizenship Registration as soon as you have ILR. Currently the HO is heavily backlogged and have just started clearing March/early April applications, but things are likely to speed up in September after the school holiday period comes to an end. Hope this helps...

Avi

shaz101
Newly Registered

Post by shaz101 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 am

hello all,

has anyone got any approvals this week? i am just wandering how long is this going to take.
i don't think so whoever submitetd apps after 6th april 2015 has got any approvals yet.

if anyone has received any approvals can you please update on this board?

usbukhari

Re: August 2015 Naturalization Application TIMELINE ONLY

Post by usbukhari » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Application for 2 kids under age 16 (age 3 and 1)
Eligibility criteria: section 1(3) UK Born
Method of application: By Post
Date of application: 04/08/2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05/08/2015
Date of acknowledgement : 13/08/2015
Acknowledgement letter received 18/08/2015
Date money gone off account: 14/08/2015
Date of letter requesting Biometrics: 13/08/2015 letter received 18/08/2015
Biometrics done: 18/08/2015
Date of approval :
Date of ceremony :
Date applied for passports :
Date passports received

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi All
fee was debited on 11/08/2015 and I have not received any acknowledgement or bio metric enrollment letter , should I contact them and ask for the letter or wait , and where to contact them e .g any email address please
Thanks very much
rajvet wrote:Update

rajvet wrote:Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Date and Method of application: 27/07/2015 by post
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/07/2015
Date of debit of fees: 11/08/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Awaiting
Date of biometric letter: Awaiting
Date biometrics enrolled: Awaiting

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi

Follow the link for the response from HO for my query.

Thanks
Ali

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 036223.pdf

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi

Last year applications and average time for decisions from HO.

Jan2014 - 31Mar2015

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ex%201.pdf

Thanks
Ali

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi
Is it mandatory that one of the referees should be a person know to the kids I. E school teacher or gp?
As both my references are from colleague and family friend. .
Always it's a worry with home office. .

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi Chowkal

I called HO to ask about referees it's ok if both are family friends mine is same. My son was 16 months old when I applied and health visitor won't give reference so I used both family friends and said its ok.

chowkal wrote:Hi
Is it mandatory that one of the referees should be a person know to the kids I. E school teacher or gp?
As both my references are from colleague and family friend. .
Always it's a worry with home office. .

MamaT
Newly Registered

Post by MamaT » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:59 pm

hello
I have tried to find the relevant place to post my question, this is the only place that seem to be communicating about the MN1 application.

I have an issue I seem to have been given 2 separate information. I just acquired ILR today through the 10 year long residency route.
I have a UK born child.
I have been told I can apply for Mn1 for my son but my query is the dependency visa that he has runs out on the 31.08.2015 is there a time limit of when I have to make an application, or I can apply even after his leave expires.
another query is I have been told that to apply for the MN1 the child has to have a valid visa because the application can take up to 6months, so that will render him stateless.
So am a bit confused that I have to pay £1500 for my son to get ILR and then pay again for MN1.
please help.

Rosi shan
Newly Registered

Post by Rosi shan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi MamaT

If your child was born in UK, you don’t need to apply ILR for him.(unless you have urgent travel plans). you can register the UK born child as a British Citizen using form MN1. And if he is born in UK ,he is not a stateless.

quote="MamaT"]hello
I have tried to find the relevant place to post my question, this is the only place that seem to be communicating about the MN1 application.

I have an issue I seem to have been given 2 separate information. I just acquired ILR today through the 10 year long residency route.
I have a UK born child.
I have been told I can apply for Mn1 for my son but my query is the dependency visa that he has runs out on the 31.08.2015 is there a time limit of when I have to make an application, or I can apply even after his leave expires.
another query is I have been told that to apply for the MN1 the child has to have a valid visa because the application can take up to 6months, so that will render him stateless.
So am a bit confused that I have to pay £1500 for my son to get ILR and then pay again for MN1.
please help.[/quote]

humanityrultz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by humanityrultz » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:33 pm

humanityrultz wrote: Let me join the club..MN1 1(3) have not heard from home office after Fee deduction(25/03/2015)/Acknowledgement letter received(31/03/2015).
Humanityrultz-------16/3/2015---------?--------------------------------?---------------------NCS :?:
Note: When I applied NCS case worker told me HO is very busy... MN1 applications taking minimum 2 months,...but no luck yes.....but of-course with in 6months period(so called rule).
I have tried to contact them on 030001232253(ext 1) but no help due to 6 months rule.
Is anyone have the Migration authority committee contact details..? Please pass it through me.. I would like to send a mail to them .. why MN1 applications required 6 months to take decision and why some applications kept aside for no reason. In other forums I have noticed(WHAT DO THEY KNOW)... employees replied as all applications go through one by one(First in First out) unless any issues... still they should reject or approve applications rather than...on hold. :mrgreen:
Strange thing happened today :shock: I got call from HO and said "they are going to make decision on my application today (Fingers crossed !) and will get confirmation letter(Yes or No) with in 2 to 3 weeks time 8) " I think reason they called me today is I send mail(Last week - 2 times) to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk requesting an update.
Sit tight I hope you will get an update soon.. All the best...
I will update as soon as I get the news.... :|

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi All
fee was debited on 11/08/2015 and I have not received any acknowledgement or bio metric enrollment letter , should I contact them and ask for the letter or wait , and where to contact them e .g any email address please
Thanks very much

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi MamaT

How old is your son you don't have to apply ilr if he is UK born and under 18 years you can check age limit on the form not 100% sure weather 16 or 18. Once you apply and existing visa runs out he won't be stateless as application is under process. MN1 these days taking very long time somewhere between 4 to 6 months. Once you get certificate you can apply for British passport directly. You should apply before his visa runs out.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thx
Ali
MamaT wrote:hello

I have a UK born child.
please help.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi Humanityrultz

The email address you mention is for biometric issues or regarding biometric can get status from this email.
humanityrultz wrote:
humanityrultz wrote: Let me join the club..MN1 1(3) have not heard from home office after Fee deduction(25/03/2015)/Acknowledgement letter received(31/03/2015).
Humanityrultz-------16/3/2015---------?--------------------------------?---------------------NCS :?:
Note: When I applied NCS case worker told me HO is very busy... MN1 applications taking minimum 2 months,...but no luck yes.....but of-course with in 6months period(so called rule).
I have tried to contact them on 030001232253(ext 1) but no help due to 6 months rule.
Is anyone have the Migration authority committee contact details..? Please pass it through me.. I would like to send a mail to them .. why MN1 applications required 6 months to take decision and why some applications kept aside for no reason. In other forums I have noticed(WHAT DO THEY KNOW)... employees replied as all applications go through one by one(First in First out) unless any issues... still they should reject or approve applications rather than...on hold. :mrgreen:
Strange thing happened today :shock: I got call from HO and said "they are going to make decision on my application today (Fingers crossed !) and will get confirmation letter(Yes or No) with in 2 to 3 weeks time 8) " I think reason they called me today is I send mail(Last week - 2 times) to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk requesting an update.
Sit tight I hope you will get an update soon.. All the best...
I will update as soon as I get the news.... :|

naonao
Newly Registered

Post by naonao » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:00 pm

HI All,
My timeline is as follows:

Application submitted: April 28, 2015
Received by Home Office: April 29, 2015
Acknowledgement via email: May 27, 2015
Fee taken: May 27, 2015
Biometrics done: June 5, 2015
Certificate: still waiting

I am in a panic now, I didn't realise it was going to take so long. We are going on a holiday soon and I still have to apply for passport!!
For those who applied in April and done biometrics, anyone received their certificate yet? I just want to have a clue as to when our documents would likely to come back to us. Thanks

pebbles79
Newly Registered

Post by pebbles79 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:25 am

Sammy2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:
pebbles79 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Date and Method of application: 29/06/2015 by post
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/06/2015
Date of debit of fees: 09/07/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 10/07/2015
Date of biometric letter: 10/07/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 14/07/2015
hi is there any luck!
Hi pebbles79, can we have update please.

Thanks Sammy2

no news yet ; (

mariomcse
Newly Registered

Post by mariomcse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:27 am

naonao wrote:HI All,

I am in a panic now, I didn't realise it was going to take so long. We are going on a holiday soon and I still have to apply for passport!!
For those who applied in April and done biometrics, anyone received their certificate yet? I just want to have a clue as to when our documents would likely to come back to us. Thanks
Hi naonao

We applied on 26 March through NCS Richmond and are STILL waiting.
We lost our family holiday already so do hope that you get yours soon.

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:07 pm

mariomcse wrote:
naonao wrote:HI All,

Hi naonao

We applied on 26 March through NCS Richmond and are STILL waiting.
We lost our family holiday already so do hope that you get yours soon.
Hi
applied on 24th April and still waiting.. very frustrating and as a family we can't plan anything until get certificate for the 6 months baby.. back home and here, we all are waiting :( :(

mariomcse
Newly Registered

Post by mariomcse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Has anyone who has applied towards the end of March received their approvals lately ?

Application submitted: March 26, 2015
Received by Home Office: March 30, 2015
Fee taken: April 15, 2015
Acknowledgement received: April 18, 2015
Biometrics done: Not required as applied in March.