ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT - Leave granted Feb2010 - Eligible for ILR ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 ICT - Leave granted Feb2010 - Eligible for ILR ?

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:32 pm

Yes, you can.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Yes, you can.
Ah, sorry. Just noticed it says - Test Validity 2 years !

Does it mean the answer becomes no ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:59 pm

No, the answer remains yes.
If your qualification expires
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:08 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No, the answer remains yes.
Whoa! So I should be covered under below requirement:

If you’re applying to settle in the UK, your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following:

* previously accepted by the Home Office in connection with another immigration application, eg entry clearance

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No, the answer remains yes.
Topman! Thanks sushdmehta

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:11 pm

My wife who would also apply with me and has a qualification from a university which can be found on PBS. However I had to select applying from outside UK (which is not the case) in PBS to be able to go to qualification details section.

She is getting 10 points for that qualification. There shouldn't be a need for NARIC in this case then and all she would need is original degree and print of PBS? Is that it ?

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:49 am

Am I getting above right gents ?

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:29 am

bowcreek wrote:
bowcreek wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Get a letter from employer to certify each period of your absences from UK during the 5 years as either official or annual leaves or paid leaves.
Your dependants' absences from UK have no bearing on your (or their own) application for settlement.

See also FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 2/HSMP/Tier 1 - Read before posting
Thanks. 5 years is a substantial amount of time and there will be too much detail if each and every leave is mentioned about. I am assuming case worker would be interested / can only verify leaves where I was absent from UK (via stamps on passport).

So I am thinking to get only those leaves mentioned about on that letter from employer? Does that sound acceptable please?

Cheers
Sorry I didn't closely read your post and it clearly said I just need to get UK absences certified from employer.

Next question is - What would be the best wording to describe my absence for 37 days when I was deputed to India by my employer after my client project finished in end of Dec 2012? I came back on same Visa on 2nd Feb 2013.

Do I need to be worried at all about this period please?
Please can I get your views about best way to mention the 37 days absence above on the absence letter from Employer? Also can the absences be entered in the same letter which I will get from my employer stating about other things like COS, salary etc.

Cheers

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:39 am

manci wrote:
bowcreek wrote:Hello everyone - thank you for all your responses previously on this.

Since now I am very close to October 2015, I thought to get the situation verified here to see if I am still eligible for ILR after 18th Sept 2015 (I arrived in the UK on 16th Oct 2010 and read it somewhere that one can apply ILR 28 days before completing 5 years).

In summary, Tier 2 ICT Visa granted in Feb 2010, Entered UK Oct 2010.

One thing which is not mentioned in my posts above is that on 26th Dec 2012 I was relocated by my Indian company to India after my assignment in the UK ended. But on 2nd Feb 2013 I came back to the UK to work for the same client.

So for 37 days I was in India and hence was paid the salary there in Jan 2013.

Is that going to be a challenge at all please? Am I still good to go for ILR in Sept ?

Many thanks
this shouldn't be a problem as long as your sponsorship wasn't cancelled in Dec 2012 and in Feb 2012 you returned on the visa that was issued in 2010
Manci or others - Please can you point if there is a mention of this in Guidance –ILR – calculating continuous period in the UK – v12.0 https://www.gov.uk/government/.../ILRco ... .0_EXT.pdf or elsewhere?

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Can someone verify above for me please?

Also, we have always lived in flatshare / houseshares. Which option should we select in Section 5.1 of Set(O) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-15.pdf please?

Privately rented by you ?
OR
Other?