ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nachfee
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by nachfee » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just called the HO just to see if maybe they can shed some light on processing times. I'm just worried that because I forgot the sent a special delivery envelope, my RC would take longer to arrive.

Does anyone have experience or have heard about people that have applied without sending a special delivery envelope?

fernandopeleias
Newly Registered

Post by fernandopeleias » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:33 pm

Postby Adik » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi guys can anybody help me pls
I get email from home office about survey
When they send email? I can understand that they made decision bt I don't know what is decision,,I will get refuse or get visa..
Bcz one of my friend gt email bt he gt refuse..
I received the same survey. We applied on 21/2 and no RC yet. We called them 3 times in the same day we received the survey. In the first two, they refused to give any information about the case. In the last time, they took our info and said they would call back in 5 days. They called in the next day and said our application was still ongoing. To be honest, I dont believe that. I have heard several different stories that people were told the application was still there, and they received the RC dated 1 week or 2 before that. Why would they send this survey for someone who hasnt got the RC yet? I dont think this system is just random, and keep sending that to everyone after a certain period of time, regarless if the RC was issued or not.

And also try calling is just a waste of time. You wont get any relevant info anyway... They also told us to call again after 2 weeks from the 6 months time.

pardeep9020
Newly Registered

Post by pardeep9020 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:09 pm

I have a urgent query. I am Indian and my wife is Hungarian. I applied for EEA2 RC in March 2015 and got the COA in March but till now I have not gotten any email or letter for Bio-metric test. I just came to know that we have to go through that also! In September 2014, when I was coming to UK from India on student visa - Tier 4 (general), I have gone through Bio-metric test, can it be the reason that they don't request bio-metric test again? I am worried now, please let me know if anyone has any knowledge about it.

Thank you.

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Biometric started on the 06/04/15
If you applied in March, you will get a COA days or weeks after they receive it and then you need to wait several months for a response.
Seems like the wait is minimum 4 months - 6 months. The average being 4.5 months.

You should post your timeline, it will help with records being published here and keep us updated. If you got special delivery envelope in your application, you should check with the tracking service on the Royal Mail website and see if its coming.

Just need to be patient. :)

pardeep9020
Newly Registered

Post by pardeep9020 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:55 pm

nachfee wrote:Biometric started on the 06/04/15
If you applied in March, you will get a COA days or weeks after they receive it and then you need to wait several months for a response.
Seems like the wait is minimum 4 months - 6 months. The average being 4.5 months.

You should post your timeline, it will help with records being published here and keep us updated. If you got special delivery envelope in your application, you should check with the tracking service on the Royal Mail website and see if its coming.

Thank you for the kind reply. Actually I got COA very fast, unexpectedly! Do you have HO contact no.? If yes, please let me know I will try to enquire about Bio-metric, it's been almost 5 months and no news about it. Or as you said it was introduced on 06/04/15 and I had submitted my application before that it wasn't needed? or what?

Here is my timeline -

Applied on 23rd March, 2015
COA - 31st March, 2015
Bio-metric ??

I read your message up that you forgot to send the special delivery envelope, I did send but I asked for half of my documents back so they used special delivery envelope for that so I am almost in the same boat as you are :) Please let me know if you HO contact no. and I will try to call.

Thank you once again for the reply. Much appreciate!

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:47 pm

[quote="pardeep9020"][/quote]

Hi Pardeep, it seems people applied EEA2 before April does not need to enrol biometrics. But if you want to double check, you can write to EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Something really strange happened, so I'm wondering whether this happen to anyone else?

Only 1 payment taken for our joint application (EEA FM & EEA QP) 3 weeks after we applied. I called HO, one who called me back told me that both payments went through, she saw 130 pounds received. But but but in our bank account, there is only 65 pounds withdrawn no matter how hard we check! How could this happen?

Mandazi
Newly Registered

Post by Mandazi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello,

I'm not active her but since the forum has helped me, I just wanted to give feedback too. I had a random home visit on Tuesday. They found my housemate home at 8am as we had left for work. We aren't sure what the outcome will be but according to the chat they had, it sounded positive. As we are living with her. I don't know if it affects out chances because we weren't home or that our pictures weren't displayed in the house because we keep them in a photo album.
Anyway, time will tell. My time line 6/1/15, coa 19/1/15 rc- pending.
I pray to Allah it goes well. Any jan or dec people still waiting?

Czdude
Newly Registered

Post by Czdude » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:58 pm

nachfee wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just called the HO just to see if maybe they can shed some light on processing times. I'm just worried that because I forgot the sent a special delivery envelope, my RC would take longer to arrive.

Does anyone have experience or have heard about people that have applied without sending a special delivery envelope?
We didn't use a special delivery envelope. Both RCs (EEA1 and EEA2) + supporting materials came in a small parcel that we had to sign for (we weren't home when it arrived so had to go to the Post Office to sign/pick up). I don't think it makes any difference on time.

pardeep9020
Newly Registered

Post by pardeep9020 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:02 pm

Nina Roche wrote:
pardeep9020 wrote:
Hi Pardeep, it seems people applied EEA2 before April does not need to enrol biometrics. But if you want to double check, you can write to EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Thank you so much Nina. Much appreciate!

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Mandazi wrote:Hello,

I'm not active her but since the forum has helped me, I just wanted to give feedback too. I had a random home visit on Tuesday. They found my housemate home at 8am as we had left for work. We aren't sure what the outcome will be but according to the chat they had, it sounded positive. As we are living with her. I don't know if it affects out chances because we weren't home or that our pictures weren't displayed in the house because we keep them in a photo album.
Anyway, time will tell. My time line 6/1/15, coa 19/1/15 rc- pending.
I pray to Allah it goes well. Any jan or dec people still waiting?

I didn't know there are still home visits, hope al works out for you
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Hello Guys, here is my timeline, as this forum has helped so much in preparing documents for my application
Application sent: 10.08
Received in HO: 11.08
Payment deduction: 12.08
Biometric: letter dated: 17.08
Biometric done: 20.08
COA w/right to work:
RC:
Applied as: EEA Fm
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

kristo

Post by kristo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:19 am

Teerak wrote:Hello Guys, here is my timeline, as this forum has helped so much in preparing documents for my application
Application sent: 10.08
Received in HO: 11.08
Payment deduction: 12.08
Biometric: letter dated: 17.08
Biometric done: 20.08
COA w/right to work:
RC:
Applied as: EEA Fm
Hi Teerak, We have exactly the same timeline :D :D :D

First Application sent : 20.07
Biometrics and COA with no right to work : 27.07
Application withrawn : 27.07
Application received by me : 08.08

Second Application sent : 10.08
Received HO : 11.08
Biometrics : dated : 17.08
Biometrics done : 20.08
COA/RC : Pending (Positive by Gods grace)

mark121
Newly Registered

Post by mark121 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:07 am

billy.s1 wrote:hi Guys.

Is there anyone who applied in june???

We are in Same boat applied for EEA2 Married Couple
Submitted on 20th May
Biometrics 15th June
COA 26th June
RC Pending

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:30 am

kristo wrote:

Hi Kristo, may I ask why you withdrew application?
I think we could start a August group.

Zedy
Newly Registered

Post by Zedy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:47 am

fernandopeleias wrote:

When they send email? I can understand that they made decision bt I don't know what is decision,,I will get refuse or get visa..
I received the same survey. We applied on 21/2 and no RC yet. We called them 3 times in the same day we received the survey. In the first two, they refused to give any information about the case. In the last time, they took our info and said they would call back in 5 days. They called in the next day and said our application was still ongoing. To be honest, I dont believe that. I have heard several different stories that people were told the application was still there, and they received the RC dated 1 week or 2 before that. Why would they send this survey for someone who hasnt got the RC yet? I dont think this system is just random, and keep sending that to everyone after a certain period of time, regarless if the RC was issued or not.

And also try calling is just a waste of time. You wont get any relevant info anyway... They also told us to call again after 2 weeks from the 6 months time.
Whaaat??? Another 2 weeks?? I'll let you know by monday how our call will go. Good luck to us!!

kristo

Post by kristo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:26 am

Nina Roche wrote:
kristo wrote:

Hi Kristo, may I ask why you withdrew application?
I think we could start a August group.
Hi Nina, i withdrew the application because i received COA with no right to work, reason was that i didnt provide sufficient evidence of my wife exercising her treatie rights and that the will not reconsider my COA again. and yeah i didnt provide payslips in my first application because my wife barely started work and had no payslip at hand when i applied.
yeah we can start the August group timelines.
I pray we all receive a Positive COA and RC.
Best wishes

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:05 am

pardeep9020 wrote:

Thank you for the kind reply. Actually I got COA very fast, unexpectedly! Do you have HO contact no.? If yes, please let me know I will try to enquire about Bio-metric, it's been almost 5 months and no news about it. Or as you said it was introduced on 06/04/15 and I had submitted my application before that it wasn't needed? or what?

Here is my timeline -

COA - 31st March, 2015
Bio-metric ??

I read your message up that you forgot to send the special delivery envelope, I did send but I asked for half of my documents back so they used special delivery envelope for that so I am almost in the same boat as you are :) Please let me know if you HO contact no. and I will try to call.

I believe the biometrics are not applicable to us, so I wouldnt worry. Maybe you can give them a call and you can check and will give you peace of mind.
0300 123 2241

Let me know what they say as then I would be on the same boat! :)

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:06 am

Czdude thanks very much for your answer. I hope so much I get my RC back. I need to go on a holiday so badly :'( My work environment is very stressful and demanding. Very low in energy atm but cannot complain... many people in much worse situation not too far from the English channel.
Thanks everyone.

Adik

Post by Adik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm

fernandopeleias wrote:

I really don't know what are they doing I applied on 29 January
Get home visit on 27 July .officers told me I will get reply within 2-3 weeks Bt still don't have anything update.even my 6 month finished

pardeep9020
Newly Registered

Post by pardeep9020 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm

nachfee wrote:
pardeep9020 wrote:

Here is my timeline -

COA - 31st March, 2015
Bio-metric ??

I believe the biometrics are not applicable to us, so I wouldnt worry. Maybe you can give them a call and you can check and will give you peace of mind.
0300 123 2241

Let me know what they say as then I would be on the same boat! :)
Thank you so much for the reply. I had sent few emails yesterday so will wait for few days and then call. I see few people who applied in March, 2015, have gotten their RC, making me even nervous! Hope everything goes well and we all get RC!

pardeep9020
Newly Registered

Post by pardeep9020 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:48 pm

WTH, I tried to call HO and they didn't even let me through! Automatic messaging thing said you can't talk as your application is still within the service standard i.e. 6 months period. I had made application in March so it is within 6 months period but can't we even contact them for information! It is ridiculous! :shock:

I have one more question - when does people get home visit from officer, under what circumstances? I don't think anyone came to our home in last 5 months for anything related to RC.

Nefertari
Newly Registered

Post by Nefertari » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:05 pm

Adik wrote:
fernandopeleias wrote:

I really don't know what are they doing I applied on 29 January
Get home visit on 27 July .officers told me I will get reply within 2-3 weeks Bt still don't have anything update.even my 6 month finished
Why dont you call HO. you are able to ask your situaton because 6 months are already passed. They will inform you for sure.

Nefertari
Newly Registered

Post by Nefertari » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:07 pm

pardeep9020 wrote:WTH, I tried to call HO and they didn't even let me through! Automatic messaging thing said you can't talk as your application is still within the service standard i.e. 6 months period. I had made application in March so it is within 6 months period but can't we even contact them for information! It is ridiculous! :shock:

I have one more question - when does people get home visit from officer, under what circumstances? I don't think anyone came to our home in last 5 months for anything related to RC.
I think they are visiting house randomly because nobody did not came to my house either and my COA date is 20th of March and still pending RC

Lo628
Newly Registered

Post by Lo628 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Chalkycheese wrote:
Lo628 wrote:Hi there, has anyone who applied in April received their RC yet?

My timeline:
EEA (extented family member)- unmarried partner application

24.04 Application sent
29.04 Payment taken
13.05 Biometrics given
19.05 COA received (with right to work)
19.05 Requested passports back
03.06 Passports returned

waiting for RC

Hopefully only a few more weeks left to wait?

Hey Lo628,
I applied in April as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll start getting them in a few weeks, but I'm not expecting much.
My timeline is as follows:
Application sent 19.04
COA dated 28.04.
Requested passports back 03.08.
Still waiting on passports and RC.

I'm really nervous about my passport. I need to go back to Australia for a cousins wedding in September and I know I should have requested them earlier but I just wanted the home office to have them for as long as possible. I thought asking for them more than a month in advance would be enough, but now I'm not so sure :(
How long has it been taking everyone else to get their passports back?[/quote]

Hey Chalkycheese, I managed to get passports back 10 working days after asking for them, but maybe it's a little slower in August (since it seems everyone is on holiday?!) But I would definitely guess that a month in advance is plenty of time.
Fingers crossed for your passports back in time & for a quick RC!