ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by vignezh » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:02 pm

naumanarain wrote:Does anyone know how our biometric data is going to be used?.
This is just another tool to verify the applicant's identification, that's all. They just want to make sure you are who you claim you are! Once you receive your British citizenship, they will delete your biometric data supposedly.

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Hello everybody hope all are good ....just want to know applied in 14th April 2015 now more then 4 month just had biometric 3 month ago so till now our case even not look by case work ????Don't know how they work if anybody have information please share here thanks

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Looks like Home Office is back to its normal mode of not giving any post-biometric approvals.

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:23 pm

So its mean that from 4 month even they even look our case ???

blooms

Post by blooms » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Amritsar singh wrote:So its mean that from 4 month even they even look our case ???
Amritsar, try to relax. We're all waiting.

Someone who applied on the 17th of April did get a request for more info, so it sounds like they are looking at our cases. And there were just approvals from people whose applications were received on April 7th I believe.

So things are moving. It won't be long. We're all in the same boat as you.

janmejay33
Newly Registered

Post by janmejay33 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:57 pm

I dont have exact timeline for my friend. He applied on 17th April and got approval letter today dated 17th August. Dont know his exact biometric submission date but it was in May. I on the other hand still am waiting for mine, i applied on 14th April and bio submission on 15th may, both for me and wife. Hopefully good news soon.

findshakil
Newly Registered

Post by findshakil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:35 pm

ukswus wrote:Looks like Home Office is back to its normal mode of not giving any post-biometric approvals.

Ladies and gentlemen hold your breath, the biggest news is going to be disclose and you may not believe :D
I was a silent observer of this thread while waiting for my approval
Applied 6th May
NCS: Tower Hamlet
Fee taken 14th May
Bio: 18th May
Approval: 20th Dated (14th August)

I applied in may-2015 but was observing progress for April coz I thought I would get approval after you guys but I am one of the luckiest person may be... :lol: I know its not fair but I thought I should let you know that how the HO works, they claim to process all applications in a date order but obviously its not.....
Please don't loose your heart, I hope you guys will get your answers very soon. wish you good luck.

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:45 pm

findshakil wrote:
ukswus wrote:Looks like Home Office is back to its normal mode of not giving any post-biometric approvals.

Ladies and gentlemen hold your breath, the biggest news is going to be disclose and you may not believe :D
Applied 6th May
Fee taken 14th May

I applied in may-2015 but was observing progress for April coz I thought I would get approval after you guys but I am one of the luckiest person may be... :lol: I know its not fair but I thought I should let you know that how the HO works, they claim to process all applications in a date order but obviously its not.....
Please don't loose your heart, I hope you guys will get your answers very soon. wish you good luck.
What the.....!!!

Seriously? Not just the approval - How come you got your fee taken and biometrics taken so quickly. It took most of us 3 weeks to a month. Who did you have to bribe and how much?? :wink:

findshakil
Newly Registered

Post by findshakil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:54 pm

Seriously? Not just the approval - How come you got your fee taken and biometrics taken so quickly. It took most of us 3 weeks to a month. Who did you have to bribe and how much?? :wink:[/quote]

bribe yeah I gave £1005 :D

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:57 pm

findshakil wrote:

Applied 6th May
Fee taken 14th May

Wow, I hope you are not a troll, hehe. Congratulations!

My theory was that they had some technical issue introducing biometrics, hence the delay. But after resolving it, my hope is that they were going to start making approvals quickly. Your story is consistent with my theory. Well, we'll see.

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:57 am

findshakil wrote:

Applied 6th May
Fee taken 14th May

Congrats buddy
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

ExpatGringo
Newly Registered

Post by ExpatGringo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:19 pm

I've been sat quietly in the background, watching everyone's timelines come up and I figured I should do my part and contribute back to the community. So here goes:

Applied: NCS Hillingdon
Date application received by HO: 07-Apr
Receipt of fees: sometime shortly after 07-Apr
Biometrics: 12-May
Approval: 20-Aug (dated 13-Aug)
Ceremony: tbc

Good luck to everyone.

usman81

Post by usman81 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:47 pm

janmejay33 wrote:I dont have exact timeline for my friend. He applied on 17th April and got approval letter today dated 17th August. Dont know his exact biometric submission date but it was in May. I on the other hand still am waiting for mine, i applied on 14th April and bio submission on 15th may, both for me and wife. Hopefully good news soon.
good to know, can you confirm the date he applied?
I am no one only GOD knows the best

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi guys,

I've got my approval today.

I sent off my application on April 20th. It was received on April 21st. My payment was taken on the 17th of May. My biometrics were submitted on the 19th of May.

My citizenship approval letter stated that my naturalisation certificate will be issued in my married name but that I need to change it on my other passport before applying. Can someone please let me know if I can just apply for my British passport in my maiden name? I need a passport as soon as possible to go visit my family. I have booked a trip for November but worry I won't get all this done by then as U.S. Passport renewals can take 8 weeks. Any help would be appreciated!

Good luck to everyone!!
I tell it like it is.

hvhv86
Newly Registered

Post by hvhv86 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:52 pm

findshakil wrote:

Applied 6th May
Fee taken 14th May

Hi Shakil, could you advise a little bit more on your circumstances? Are you married to a british citizen by any chance? Only asking as there seems to have been another May approval, for the spouse of a british citizen. Just trying to see if we can establish any sort of pattern.

Thanks

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:20 pm

hvhv86 wrote:Only asking as there seems to have been another May approval, for the spouse of a british citizen.
Hvhv86,

May I know where can we see the timeline for the 2nd May approval u r talking about coz I dont see it anywhere?

Thanks

mikeg333
Newly Registered

Post by mikeg333 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:13 pm

I applied in April as well but from the US using UKM. I was never sent a biometrics letter. I'm thinking because I'm not in the UK that is the reason.

Has anyone who has applied from abroad had to do the biometrics as part of their application?

avtikaigoint
Newly Registered

Post by avtikaigoint » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Guys I just reached home & found a recorded delivery note as we weren't at home. So now i need to wait until tomorrow!! This wait will kill me :-(

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:43 pm

avtikaigoint wrote:Guys I just reached home & found a recorded delivery note as we weren't at home. So now i need to wait until tomorrow!! This wait will kill me :-(
Its probably not what you're hoping as I'm pretty sure the big brown one is delivered through bog standard second class post. Recorded would cost a couple of pounds extra - God forbid! It's not like we've just paid £1005 for terrible service and months of no information so we definitely don't deserve that.

avtikaigoint
Newly Registered

Post by avtikaigoint » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:21 pm

FireballXL5 wrote:
avtikaigoint wrote:Guys I just reached home & found a recorded delivery note as we weren't at home. So now i need to wait until tomorrow!! This wait will kill me :-(
Its probably not what you're hoping as I'm pretty sure the big brown one is delivered through bog standard second class post. Recorded would cost a couple of pounds extra - God forbid! It's not like we've just paid £1005 for terrible service and months of no information so we definitely don't deserve that.
This recorded envelope has been given by me to them when I submitted my application along with our passports & the serial number matches with what the royal mail guy has written on the card he has left. I sent my application directly to them. I didnt use NCS.

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Guys we can get post on Saturday or only till Friday we can expect post from home office ????

boskie007
Newly Registered

Post by boskie007 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:39 pm

All statistical analyses conducted by our statistical geniuses linked to this forum to predict and interpret pattern of future approval just seems to be a sheer waste of time and effort as there is no pattern and home office will take whichever approach seems fit. My EEA2 application for a 5 year residency card took 15 months (yes, that's correct) to be approved after I approached the home office with my local MP, MEP, complaints department and the directives and the rule book of the the EU Constitution.

I guess, I will have wait that long the 2nd time around... :evil: :x :oops:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will persist until I succeed...

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi guys, received my brown envelope today with letter saying my application has been approved and I need to wait for the council letter to book the ceremony.. Finally almost long wait is almost over.... Thank you everyone from this forum for valuable feedback and responses... My application was posted on 8 th April throughNCS and received on 9th April and completed biometric on 9th may.. Wish you all Good Luck... It's getting close , wait is getting over ....

findshakil
Newly Registered

Post by findshakil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 pm

hvhv86 wrote:
findshakil wrote:

Applied 6th May
Fee taken 14th May

Hi Shakil, could you advise a little bit more on your circumstances? Are you married to a british citizen by any chance? Only asking as there seems to have been another May approval, for the spouse of a british citizen. Just trying to see if we can establish any sort of pattern.

Thanks
Yeah spouse of British citizen

avtikaigoint
Newly Registered

Post by avtikaigoint » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:08 am

avtikaigoint wrote:
FireballXL5 wrote:
This recorded envelope has been given by me to them when I submitted my application along with our passports & the serial number matches with what the royal mail guy has written on the card he has left. I sent my application directly to them. I didnt use NCS.
Ok i dragged my husband to royal mail's sorting office at 6.30am to get this letter. They've sent back our application for us to re-sign & send it back to them as we were on holiday during 250/3/2010 to 09/04/2010. Our application reached HO on 08/04/2015 & they said we couldn't apply before 09/04/2015. As the application reached them a day before, they asked is to re-sign the forms & re-date it & they'll reconsider it. Now i don't know if they will take 6 months from now (hopefully not). They also have sent a brown envelope which is empty & has their sticker on it & they have asked us to re-send this brown evelope too to them & not destroy it. This has to be sent to them no later than 16/09/2015. I'll keep u guys posted on this but please keep your fingers crossed for me. This letter that they sent us with our documents was dated 19/08/2015.