ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:24 pm

naza733 wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:@naza733

u don't need English test or TB test to enter the UK, u just need them at the time of application.
so once documents have been returned to your husband and u have obtained a visa then u just come with passport (that will be returned to u)
Well my sister-in-law said she needed the Polio card made again for Airline travel as it was kept by the VAC. Also she said it was checked at the airport with the passport. She took her TB Test with her just incase but they did not check at the airport but just in case they asked it was with her. Never know what these officials at Airports can do I think when it comes to Pakistani's. My sister-in-law came in February 2015.
Well u wouldn't be getting into the UK if u didn't have a tb test hence why u don't need to carry it with u, also polio is just a money making scheme I traveled to pak march-may 2015 had my polio certificate and sons and no1 even asked for it, good thing I didnt pay for it
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

naza733

Post by naza733 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
naza733 wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:@naza733

u don't need English test or TB test to enter the UK, u just need them at the time of application.
so once documents have been returned to your husband and u have obtained a visa then u just come with passport (that will be returned to u)
Well my sister-in-law said she needed the Polio card made again for Airline travel as it was kept by the VAC. Also she said it was checked at the airport with the passport. She took her TB Test with her just incase but they did not check at the airport but just in case they asked it was with her. Never know what these officials at Airports can do I think when it comes to Pakistani's. My sister-in-law came in February 2015.
Well u wouldn't be getting into the UK if u didn't have a tb test hence why u don't need to carry it with u, also polio is just a money making scheme I traveled to pak march-may 2015 had my polio certificate and sons and no1 even asked for it, good thing I didnt pay for it
Ok thank god that's one thing less to worry about because I was worried I might have to send the TB Test Certificate from Sheffield back to her. Also one more question my Skype logs are many pages long, a year worth. Can I send a box as pre-paid special delivery to Sheffield or is it just an Envelope?

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:56 pm

@naza733

Don't include every single conversation every single call just put 2/3 per week or I'd say 4/5 pages per month

Also its up to u, u can send a jiffy bag/bubble wrapped envelope but u need to include it in your documents with your address on it, I'd say include a large bag its easier and folds up smaller
And yes special tracked delivery about 1kg worth

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 pm

naza733 wrote:
Ok thank god that's one thing less to worry about because I was worried I might have to send the TB Test Certificate from Sheffield back to her. Also one more question my Skype logs are many pages long, a year worth. Can I send a box as pre-paid special delivery to Sheffield or is it just an Envelope?
You should send a prepaid shipping container instead. :D
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

naza733

Post by naza733 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:05 pm

i.need.help wrote:
naza733 wrote:
Well they aren't a full conversation. Just snapshots of few each week. But they came to a lot when it was a year long. Nice joke.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:11 pm

i.need.help wrote:
naza733 wrote:

Hahahaha we can count on u for a bit of sarcasm

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:17 am

Its been almost a month since I posted the documents to Sheffield and still no letter of acknowledgement. I today emailed Sheffield direct and I got an auto reply. The worrying thing is that the reply said that the sheffield visa section currently deals with settlement applications lodged in Canada, Jamaica, Nigeria and the USA! Whats all this about! No mention of Pakistan!

Home Office – UKVI | Sheffield Visa Section |

This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply.

YOUR EMAIL WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO IF YOUR QUESTION IS ANSWERED IN THE INFORMATION BELOW. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

We aim to reply to all other emails within 20 working days.

HEALTH SURCHARGE PAYMENT

From 6 April 2015, visa applicants intending to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months will normally need to make a Health surcharge payment when applying for their visa. To avoid unnecessary delays in processing visa applications, our customers are strongly advised to visit our website, www.gov.uk/home-office before making an application to check whether the surcharge applies in the category of visa bring applied for. Specific surcharge enquiries relating to an application already made should be e-mailed to IHS.Sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk

WHAT IS COVERED BY THE SHEFFIELD VISA SECTION?
The Sheffield Visa Section currently deals with settlement applications lodged in:

· Canada

· Jamaica

· Nigeria

· The United States of America

The Sheffield Visa Section also processes all applications submitted at:

· Victoria Island Visa Application Centre in Lagos, Nigeria.

· Visa Application Centres in Freetown, Sierra Leone, Banjul, Gambia, Yaounde, Cameroon, Dakar, Senegal and Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

· St Petersburg, Novosibirsk and Rostov on Don Visa Application Centres in Russia.

Important note: Emails regarding any other categories or countries will receive no response and should be addressed to the Visa Section to which you have applied.
Online Application: 16/07/2015
Biometrics: 28/07/2015
Delayed Email Received: 13/09/2015
Escalated: 01/10/2015
Escalted: 23/11/2015
VISA GRANTED: 23/12/2015!!!!

irfan278
United Kingdom

Post by irfan278 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:39 pm

@rashadjee

Your question has been answered in the final sentence of the email they have sent to you...

irfan278
United Kingdom

Post by irfan278 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:47 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
irfan278 wrote:Hi all,

Can anybody point me in the direction of a step by step guide to the new application process? Either another forum on here or an external site.

I just need confirmation of exactly what the applicant submits in Pakistan and what the sponsor submits to Sheffield and in what order everything needs to be done.

Thanks
WHEN DOCUMENTS ARE READY

1. complete and submit online application (pay fee)
2. book bio metric appointment
3. attend appointment and hand in passport only
4.send TB test, English test, signed application page (last page) and any other papers e.g nikka nama Pakistani spouse has to UK spouse on day of bio metrics or before even doesn't matter
5. send all documents to Sheffield after bio metrics date or on the same date including prepaid envelope so they can return documents to u
6.wait.
Thank you

I just wanted to confirm it was only passport submitted at time of biometrics and no forms etc.

We have decided to reapply after the fiasco with the 'missing' wage slips. The local MP wasn't much help. He has wrote to the BHC but it can take up to 20 working days for a response. Even then, there is no guarantee of a positive outcome.

Luckily my wife's ESOL English certificates (17/01/15) and TB certificate (25/03/15) are still valid and the solicitor who did my property report will just print me another and change the date.

InshaAllah we will apply online on Thursday.

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Aoa. I am applying alongwith my daughter. We submitted thr appication last night. We paid IHS for our daughter and then when it came to visa application fee it declined twice as my hubby didnt respond to bank's confirmation text. And now we are nt able to pay our daughter's application fee. All is fine at bank's end. They say ukvi should check it. Can anyone guide please. My ihs n fee are done. Can i reschedule appointment till my daughter's fee is done. And another query is The appointment comfirmation email says you have to take along along supporting documents to the visa application center. Is that so? Arent we supposed to send all documents to sheffield?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:09 pm

wasnav wrote:Aoa. I am applying alongwith my daughter. We submitted thr appication last night. We paid IHS for our daughter and then when it came to visa application fee it declined twice as my hubby didnt respond to bank's confirmation text. And now we are nt able to pay our daughter's application fee. All is fine at bank's end. They say ukvi should check it. Can anyone guide please. My ihs n fee are done. Can i reschedule appointment till my daughter's fee is done. And another query is The appointment comfirmation email says you have to take along along supporting documents to the visa application center. Is that so? Arent we supposed to send all documents to sheffield?
Yes you can reschedule it. You can also cancel it completely, if you want to.

Is your husband British born? Is your daughter from the same marriage? If he is UK born, then your daughter is also British.

Yes all documents except for your passport need to be sent to Sheffield.
TIMELINE

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:12 pm

i.need.help wrote:
wasnav wrote:Aoa. I am applying alongwith my daughter. We submitted thr appication last night. We paid IHS for our daughter and then when it came to visa application fee it declined twice as my hubby didnt respond to bank's confirmation text. And now we are nt able to pay our daughter's application fee. All is fine at bank's end. They say ukvi should check it. Can anyone guide please. My ihs n fee are done. Can i reschedule appointment till my daughter's fee is done. And another query is The appointment comfirmation email says you have to take along along supporting documents to the visa application center. Is that so? Arent we supposed to send all documents to sheffield?

Is your husband British born? Is your daughter from the same marriage? If he is UK born, then your daughter is also British.

No my husband has been naturalized to british citizenship recently. What do u suggest shall i cancel my appointment till my daughter's fee is done? Or just reschedule it?

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:17 pm

wasnav wrote:
i.need.help wrote:

No my husband has been naturalized to british citizenship recently. What do u suggest shall i cancel my appointment till my daughter's fee is done? Or just reschedule it?
Reschedule it. If he has a credit card, he can pay using that.

Did you complete two separate applications or is hers included with yours?
TIMELINE

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:19 pm

We have submitted 2 separate applications.

sanahtalha
United Kingdom

Post by sanahtalha » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:16 am

Hi
Do you know if people can still get called for interviews? Has anyone on here had to give one and if so do you know what kind of questions they might ask?
Visa Granted: 22nd September 2015
Visa extension granted. March 2018
ILR (M) - 24th March 2021

Mrs.Fakhar

Post by Mrs.Fakhar » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:31 am

Sallam everyone, hope all are well n ppl r getting positive replies and others are waiting patiently :)
we have submitted our online application on 20th august and bio-metrics is on 26th in shaa Allah

just want to confirm from senior members if we can add docs e.g bank statements after online submission as bio-metrics has to be done yet..i will take out my bank statements on 24th as i wanted to show that i am paying his visa fee and health surcharge from my account and on same day i will get my passport copies n sponsorship letters attested from solicitor. i did the same last time..bcoz there was difference of 2 weeks in online and bio-metrics dates.
Jazak Allah
Biometrics: 8-5-15 (MIRPUR)
Visa Refused 07-08-15

RE-Applied
Online Submission: 20th Aug 2015
Bio-26-08-15

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:37 am

Mrs.Fakhar wrote:Sallam everyone, hope all are well n ppl r getting positive replies and others are waiting patiently :)
we have submitted our online application on 20th august and bio-metrics is on 26th in shaa Allah

just want to confirm from senior members if we can add docs e.g bank statements after online submission as bio-metrics has to be done yet..i will take out my bank statements on 24th as i wanted to show that i am paying his visa fee and health surcharge from my account and on same day i will get my passport copies n sponsorship letters attested from solicitor. i did the same last time..bcoz there was difference of 2 weeks in online and bio-metrics dates.
Jazak Allah
You can add documents but not payslips or bank statements. There is no need to show that you paid for the fees from your account. The ECO doesn't care who paid for it or from which account it was paid from, as long as it was paid. Plus adding a new statement after the online application could be a HUGE mistake. The ECO may count that as being your final statement which it will be if you add it and he/she then could say you don't meet the financial requirements because your last bank statement is not within the time frame of the online submission.

You should read up on the immigration rules.

Also no need to get the sponsorship letters attested, waste of time and money as it will not prove anything or make your case any stronger. I got nothing attested, not even my passport. But it's up to you.

Has your husband sent you the signed application yet?
TIMELINE

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:26 am

Plus adding a new statement after the online application could be a HUGE mistake. The ECO may count that as being your final statement which it will be if you add it and he/she then could say you don't meet the financial requirements because your last bank statement is not within the time frame of the online submission.

my last statement was Junes. Online application 11th JUly. Biometrics Appointment 27 July.

That is right...right?? Stressing a bit now loll
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

Mrs.Fakhar

Post by Mrs.Fakhar » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:32 pm

@I.need.help >>>so i just need to take the printouts of statement before 20th aug?? but as i have been paperless so i need to get my statements copies stamped from bank..n it will show the date of the stamp...which will be 24th aug..is that fne?? and yes..there's no money coming into my account after 20th(online submission date) only i am spending...would that still matters??
yes i will get that on tuesday in shaa Allah

Thank you so much for helping
Visa Refused 07-08-15

RE-Applied
Bio-26-08-15

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Mrs.Fakhar wrote:@I.need.help >>>so i just need to take the printouts of statement before 20th aug?? but as i have been paperless so i need to get my statements copies stamped from bank..n it will show the date of the stamp...which will be 24th aug..is that fne?? and yes..there's no money coming into my account after 20th(online submission date) only i am spending...would that still matters??

The date you print it or get it stamped is irrelevant. The important date is the date the statement was made/issued.

Spending habits are not taken into consideration, so it's fine.
TIMELINE

iakhan82
Newly Registered

Post by iakhan82 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:05 pm

rashadjee wrote:Its been almost a month since I posted the documents to Sheffield and still no letter of acknowledgement. I today emailed Sheffield direct and I got an auto reply. The worrying thing is that the reply said that the sheffield visa section currently deals with settlement applications lodged in Canada, Jamaica, Nigeria and the USA! Whats all this about! No mention of Pakistan!

Home Office – UKVI | Sheffield Visa Section |

This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply.

YOUR EMAIL WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO IF YOUR QUESTION IS ANSWERED IN THE INFORMATION BELOW. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

We aim to reply to all other emails within 20 working days.

HEALTH SURCHARGE PAYMENT

From 6 April 2015, visa applicants intending to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months will normally need to make a Health surcharge payment when applying for their visa. To avoid unnecessary delays in processing visa applications, our customers are strongly advised to visit our website, http://www.gov.uk/home-office before making an application to check whether the surcharge applies in the category of visa bring applied for. Specific surcharge enquiries relating to an application already made should be e-mailed to IHS.Sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk

WHAT IS COVERED BY THE SHEFFIELD VISA SECTION?
The Sheffield Visa Section currently deals with settlement applications lodged in:

· Canada

· Jamaica

· Nigeria

· The United States of America

The Sheffield Visa Section also processes all applications submitted at:

· Victoria Island Visa Application Centre in Lagos, Nigeria.

· Visa Application Centres in Freetown, Sierra Leone, Banjul, Gambia, Yaounde, Cameroon, Dakar, Senegal and Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

· St Petersburg, Novosibirsk and Rostov on Don Visa Application Centres in Russia.

Important note: Emails regarding any other categories or countries will receive no response and should be addressed to the Visa Section to which you have applied.
Unfortunately, I have sent my application on 1 August and not yet received a single response from Sheffield. However, you can make sure with royal mail recorded delivery that they should have been received on next day. I also note, many people on this forum have never been received emails but their visas were granted or refuse.
Keep tracking and if you have any good luck with it then please post it .

Mrs.Fakhar

Post by Mrs.Fakhar » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:14 pm

i.need.help wrote:
Mrs.Fakhar wrote:@I.need.help >>>so i just need to take the printouts of statement before 20th aug?? but as i have been paperless so i need to get my statements copies stamped from bank..n it will show the date of the stamp...which will be 24th aug..is that fne?? and yes..there's no money coming into my account after 20th(online submission date) only i am spending...would that still matters??

The date you print it or get it stamped is irrelevant. The important date is the date the statement was made/issued.

Oh jazak Allah khair
thats fine then..i only have to takeout the prints
Visa Refused 07-08-15

RE-Applied
Bio-26-08-15

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Mrs.Fakhar wrote:
i.need.help wrote:

Oh jazak Allah khair
thats fine then..i only have to takeout the prints
Just incase my last post was a little confusing… The date you print it or the date you get it stamped is irrelevant. But yes you 100% need to get your statements stamped by the bank. An official letter from the bank stating the statements are genuine will also be fine. Some banks don't stamp statements. So if your bank refuses, get a letter from them on headed paper.
TIMELINE

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:31 pm

@ i. need.help
brother if online application n11 July, biometric on 27 July....and i've submitted bank statements from
Jan - June...i shouldnt have a problem??
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:45 pm

zakikhan wrote:@ i. need.help
brother if online application n11 July, biometric on 27 July....and i've submitted bank statements from
Jan - June...i shouldnt have a problem??
I'm not sure. If you followed the 28 day rule. You should be fine.

Maybe another member can give their opinion.
TIMELINE