ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Highly Skilled & Highly Confused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majic

Highly Skilled & Highly Confused

Post by majic » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 am

Dear All,

I have asked this question on various threads a number of times but have not recieved a satifactory answer. My file is ready but am very confused as to whether I should send it out or not.

I have 12 monthly salary slips and have an additional slip which has been provided for Annual Bonus payment. So 13 slips in all.

I have got all 13 slips signed and Sealed by my Employers.
The Employers letter clearly states this annual bonus.
The Bank Statement Clearly show net amount from this bonus slip credited to my bank account (Net amount because tax has been paid on it)

Please advice whether the HO would accept this Bonus payment Slip or not ?

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:34 am

Hello der,
Why to get confused so much.
Just email HO or phone them , they would answer you.

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:44 am

So long as your employer issued a payslip that reflects the payment, and the bonus payment is incorporated into your taxable gross earnings, and the payment was made to you in the earnings period claimed, then it should be fine. The fact that the bonus is not a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or otherwise regular payment, will not make the slightest bit of difference. AG

maidy

yes they do

Post by maidy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:31 am

they will have to accept your earnings as annual bonus. but it should have been made within last 15 months prior to application. and u also need to elaborate about it in your cover letter.......

now be haapy and go ahead.......
Maddy

majic

Post by majic » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:16 am

But dont you guys think that "HO will not consider anything not on Payslips" clause might apply to this 13th Pay Slip

Regards

ifti786

Post by ifti786 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:07 am

Hello,

I got rejected as my bonus amount was not stated in salary slips.

I enclosed the Bonus letter signed by company president and payment certificate clearly mentioning the bonus amount.

What I believe HO don't except anything which is not included in salary slip.

Regards.

Iftikhar

majic

Post by majic » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:29 pm

Dear Ifti,

I do have a Payment slip for the Bonus payment which I have got signed and sealed.

You still feel that it wont work.

NOTE: Besides the salary slips + Bonus Payment Slip I also got it mentioned in my letter from the employer and Bank statement has a net amount from the Bonus Payment slip debited into my Salary Bank Account.

Regards

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:29 pm

Indeed all additiional earning have to be taxable ans apper in the wage slip. Otherwise there is very high chance of rejection.

majic wrote:But dont you guys think that "HO will not consider anything not on Payslips" clause might apply to this 13th Pay Slip

Regards
Pantaiema

majic

Post by majic » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:03 am

pantaiema,

I dont get your point. Are u saying that I should be ok with my scenario or not.

REMINDER:

a. Additional Payslip for Bonus (Wage slip yes but different from monthly payment slip)

b. With in the claimed period

c. Signed & Sealed by the Employer just like my monthly payslips

d. Mentioned in the letter from the employer

e. A Seperate Credit appears in the Bank Statement

f. Taxable

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:01 pm

It is very clear that any income (taxable or non taxable) will not be considered as part of earning if it is not declared on pay slip.

The main reason for this is they are trying to avoid that people just add any part of income which is actually not salary. For instance people working in the UK sometimes get reimbursement for their expense and they also get pay slip for this. it is also appear in bank statement. This can not be counted as part of earning.Of course this is not 100% true but it is true for majority of cases.

I understand your postition, in cn case your bonuses is included in pay slip it would have counted as part of earning. I know U r in unfortunate position, as this is beyond your control, U can not influence the policy of your company. But U know the CW way of looking the case; if they doubt or confuse they just issue rejection, because they do not allow people to get the benefit of the doubt. Learning from this forum from several previous cases which have been presented here, I fully understand the CW Behaviour in this regard.

But of course, U could still try.

majic wrote:pantaiema,

I dont get your point. Are u saying that I should be ok with my scenario or not.

REMINDER:

a. Additional Payslip for Bonus (Wage slip yes but different from monthly payment slip)

b. With in the claimed period

c. Signed & Sealed by the Employer just like my monthly payslips

d. Mentioned in the letter from the employer

e. A Seperate Credit appears in the Bank Statement

f. Taxable
Pantaiema

ifti786

Post by ifti786 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:10 am

Hi,

I agree with pantaiema that the amount is not acceptable if it is not declared on pay slip.

In my case I submitted the Bonus Letter, Payment certificate mentioning Bonus amount and also bank statement and they did not accepted that amount.

Try to get the Bonus amount on Salary Slip. Bank statement is not necessary.

Two evidence, one salary slip and other Payment certificate are important. Do include the last tax return.

Best of luck.

Regards.

Ifti

majic

Post by majic » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:44 am

Dear Ifti,

Thanks for your detailed explaination. Its Highly Apperciated.

Dear Pantaiema,

Thanks for your detailed explaination specially the sympathetic tone in which you have written the response. :)

Dear herts,

I did write an email expalining them my scenario to HO but I (as per my expectation) havet had a response from them as yet.

cheers friends

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Dear majic,

In my case they accepted bonus. I think only because that was mentioned in salary slip of April...

Regards,
JD

majic

Post by majic » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:13 pm

I agree JD that must have been the case. Mine is a seperate slip Lets see I shall give it a shot around 10th of this month.

I am quitely confident that I will get through. But lets see...

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:06 pm

Bonus of whatever, even U just get it for one month as long as it is printed on wage slip and taxable, it will count as earning. I have seen this quite a few times.

Let say for instance, if U r working on permanent basis in British MNC, they normally have Profit Share Scheme (or some company call it profit related pay) which U normally get 1-2 times a year and the amount will be based on the company actual profit. This will definitely could be used as part of HSMP earning.

Good Luck
jd wrote:Dear majic,

In my case they accepted bonus. I think only because that was mentioned in salary slip of April...

Regards,
JD
Pantaiema

prem12

Post by prem12 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:46 pm

Dont you qualify without that bonus amount?
________
Hans stuck
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majic

Post by majic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:08 am

prem12,

No Prem I dont qualify without this bonus amount. I need this to be counted for me to be successful. Again, The bonus payment is depicted on a payslip which is not my regular monthly Salary Slip.

Regards

Post by 1971 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:12 am

Hi Dude,

You stillo qualify with your bonus payments. I have done same and it was approved. I have also advised many friends on this issue and they got approval. You need to provide your offer of employment showing the breakdown of your remuneration which must also show your 13th month. If this is done,then, all you need to do is to do a Excel spreadsheet of your monthly gross,net pay on the payslips,13th Month or bonus paid with date on bank statement, date on payslips and do a cover letter stating why you included your 13th month payslip because it is a composite of your earnings and please, find corroborating evidences as included in your application.

I wish you success. They wil accept it.

Regards,

You can WIN;if you belive.