ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query about 10 year long stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

llcoolm_dk
Newly Registered

query about 10 year long stay

Post by llcoolm_dk » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:46 pm

hello,

Firstly my immigration history:

Came to UK on Tier 4 in 2007 and did my HNC and HND completed in 2009
Applied for Tier 4 again within uk and completed my Being Honours (2009 till 2011)
After that Got Tier 1 PSW after that from 2012 till 2014

And in dec 2013 I applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur which was refused in april 2014 instead of appeal I applied for Tier 4 within 28 days of refusal and college got revoked and I received 60 days letter from Home Office in dec 2014 and within that period I applied for Tier 4 again and was granted visa.
Now i have found a job and employer is willing to sponsor me for Tier 2

Now my question is if I complete 10 years will I still be qualified for ILR on basis of 10 year long stay?????

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: query about 10 year long stay

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:14 pm

You may well do , provided you maintain continuous residence up to 2017 and the long residency rules are still in existence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

llcoolm_dk
Newly Registered

Post by llcoolm_dk » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:04 pm

thankyou for quick reply obie

the only reason I asked is because someone told me because my Tier 1 entrepreneur application was refused and i did not apply for appeal due to that my continuity is broken for 10 year long residence

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:44 pm

llcoolm_dk wrote:thankyou for quick reply obie

the only reason I asked is because someone told me because my Tier 1 entrepreneur application was refused and i did not apply for appeal due to that my continuity is broken for 10 year long residence

don't just listen to the people.all immigration rules n guidance are online albeit take some time to digest ....soo do ur research