ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got copy of life in the uk test lost the original

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muruaaaa9
Newly Registered

Got copy of life in the uk test lost the original

Post by muruaaaa9 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi
I got my permanent resident in may 2015, after that unfortunately I have lost the original life in the uk test, however i have a scanned copy of life in the uk test.

Still is that ok to proceed for naturalisation with the copy as i mentioned above i dont have the original one? Or do i need to appear for the test again?

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance

noajthan

Re: Got copy of life in the uk test lost the original

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 pm

muruaaaa9 wrote:Hi
I got my permanent resident in may 2015, after that unfortunately I have lost the original life in the uk test, however i have a scanned copy of life in the uk test.

Still is that ok to proceed for naturalisation with the copy as i mentioned above i dont have the original one? Or do i need to appear for the test again?

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Try contacting HO as per details here:
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/ ... ppens-test
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Gomjaba

Re: Got copy of life in the uk test lost the original

Post by Gomjaba » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:07 am

Call the Home Office if you’ve lost your pass letter. You won’t get a new one but they’ll tell you what to do.
Why they waste space to say that rather than just posting the actual answer is beyond me. Given they say that you don't get a replacement and it is the only copy, I can imagine they give you two options

1. Sit the test again
2. Get a SAR

Whether it's caseworker would accept the latter is a different story. Good luck though.