ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Non EEA spouse with PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ajenta83

Naturalisation - Non EEA spouse with PR

Post by Ajenta83 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi there, I'm hoping you are able to advise me on the below name to use question:)...

So my husband is a sri Lankan and their way of “surnames/family names” is different from the western society. So I’m a bit stuck; as I’m reading through the forum and see where the HO is being strict on different names/maiden names etc.
Currently his passport states (example :D :
Frist names: Jack Kroon
Surname: Michael France (Michael is his father’s first name and France is his father’s surname; double last name).
All his current official documents state Jack Kroon Michael France (as per his current passport). However he wanted to get rid of the “France” (double last name). Is this possible? Or do you reckon the HO will be difficult?
Can he put down on question?
1.5: Michael (Name you give here will be the name shown on your certificate so please ensure its spelt correctly and you have written in the correct order)
1.6: Jack Kroon
1.7: Jack Kroon Michael France
1.8: noting
I'm hoping you are able to advise me. Thank you kindly in advance for your advise... :D

noajthan

Re: Question re 1.5 - 1.8 - Name shown on your certificate

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:16 pm

Ajenta83 wrote:Hi there, I'm hoping you are able to advise me on the below name to use question:)...

So my husband is a sri Lankan and their way of “surnames/family names” is different from the western society. So I’m a bit stuck; as I’m reading through the forum and see where the HO is being strict on different names/maiden names etc.
Currently his passport states (example :D :
Frist names: Jack Kroon
Surname: Michael France (Michael is his father’s first name and France is his father’s surname; double last name).
All his current official documents state Jack Kroon Michael France (as per his current passport). However he wanted to get rid of the “France” (double last name). Is this possible? Or do you reckon the HO will be difficult?
Can he put down on question?
1.5: Michael (Name you give here will be the name shown on your certificate so please ensure its spelt correctly and you have written in the correct order)
1.6: Jack Kroon
1.7: Jack Kroon Michael France
1.8: noting
I'm hoping you are able to advise me. Thank you kindly in advance for your advise... :D
You can't just change names 'on the fly' - evidence has to be supplied & a recognised process would have to be followed.

See section 1.7 of:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

See UK policies also:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 92243.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:38 am

Thank you for your responds! Guess every country is different.
When i requested to add my husbands name on my new (Dutch passport) they didnt use is surnameas show on passport, for the above mentioned reason and only put down his first names. Wife of "Jack Krion".
Thanks again for your advise, much appreciated.

Ajenta83

Question re: 1.3 - 2.4 - 2.6

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Dear all,
Hope you are all well. I’m currently working on the application from my husband and have a few questions. I’m hoping you are able to assist/guide me with your experience/expertise in the right direction …
Situation is as follow: husband is non eea family member; who obtained Permanent residence card 8th May 2014. Currently hold an expired (sri Lankan) passport.

1.3:Given indefinite leave/remain in the UK: Is this the date on his PR (8th of May 2014 + 1 year)  8th of May 2015?

Confused about the following as well :roll:

2.4 – 2.6 : booklet states if you are the family member of an eea national (and do not have indefinite leave to remain in the uk; you should complete these section).
So him holding a permanent residence card; does this count as “indefinite leave to remain”? He’s be exercising treaty rights through me. If so does this need to filled in?
I would thought the following; but if someone can confirm would be much appreciated:

2.4: X – are you a family member of eea national: Yes
Please state on what basis you were in the UK for the last 6 years? Does he fill in here my details (as I am the EEA national who worked 5 years; based on this he obtained his pr?) or his? Because he studied for 2 years full time; worked part-time besides that then worked and is currently self employed). He is not the one exercising treaty rights?.. Also when he obtained his pr; my 5 year employment details were given. What about his/mine 6th year?

2.5; how is this different from 2.4?

Also his expired passport; will this cause any problems? He applied for his LITUK test with his driving licence?
Apologies if this question has been asked before; couldn’t find it quickly. Really appreciate your kind advise. Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Topic merged.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Ajenta83

Re: Naturalisation - Non EEA spouse with PR

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Sorry!

noajthan

Re: Question re: 1.3 - 2.4 - 2.6

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Ajenta83 wrote:Dear all,
Hope you are all well. I’m currently working on the application from my husband and have a few questions. I’m hoping you are able to assist/guide me with your experience/expertise in the right direction …
Situation is as follow: husband is non eea family member; who obtained Permanent residence card 8th May 2014. Currently hold an expired (sri Lankan) passport.

1.3:Given indefinite leave/remain in the UK: Is this the date on his PR (8th of May 2014 + 1 year)  8th of May 2015?

Confused about the following as well :roll:

2.4 – 2.6 : booklet states if you are the family member of an eea national (and do not have indefinite leave to remain in the uk; you should complete these section).
So him holding a permanent residence card; does this count as “indefinite leave to remain”? He’s be exercising treaty rights through me. If so does this need to filled in?
I would thought the following; but if someone can confirm would be much appreciated:

2.4: X – are you a family member of eea national: Yes
Please state on what basis you were in the UK for the last 6 years? Does he fill in here my details (as I am the EEA national who worked 5 years; based on this he obtained his pr?) or his? Because he studied for 2 years full time; worked part-time besides that then worked and is currently self employed). He is not the one exercising treaty rights?.. Also when he obtained his pr; my 5 year employment details were given. What about his/mine 6th year?

2.5; how is this different from 2.4?

Also his expired passport; will this cause any problems? He applied for his LITUK test with his driving licence?
Apologies if this question has been asked before; couldn’t find it quickly. Really appreciate your kind advise. Thanks!
1.3 ILR is not the same as PR.
You could add date of acquiring PR in the Further Information section of the form.

2.4 - 2.6 ILR is not the same as PR, although both represent having 'settled' status in UK.
As your husband is the family member of an EEA national (and he does have PR, not ILR) then yes, fill in this section.

2.4 applies to your husband so use his details.
His status was that of 'family member of EEA national'.
You could also add details of his actual activities if you wish.
You will submit his PR card (and tick the family member checkbox) in support of the application anyway.

2.5 Q2.4 is about applicant's basis of being in UK.
In comparison, 2.5 asks if the applicant was exercising treaty rights in employment... (etc).
Your husband was not per se as he was (is) 'family member of EEA national'.

As you will submit his PR card (& will have checked the family member checkbox for Q 2.4) it should be clear enough to the caseworker that your husband has acquired & holds PR.

For evidence of ID passport or driver's licence are valid options.
As you state a driver's license was used as ID for the LITUK test it would be expected to be submitted again.

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 am

Hi noajthan,
Many thanks for your advice! Much appreciated!

Ajenta83

Re: proving residency

Post by Ajenta83 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:27 am

as my husband is an eea family member with a PR; does he still require to provide proof of 5/6 years of his residence? Or will the PR be sufficient enough? (kindly note his passport expired in may 2015)?
For the PR; we provided 5 years residence for the both of us....

Thanks for your advise.

noajthan

Re: proving residency

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:32 am

Ajenta83 wrote:as my husband is an eea family member with a PR; does he still require to provide proof of 5/6 years of his residence? Or will the PR be sufficient enough? (kindly note his passport expired in may 2015)?
For the PR; we provided 5 years residence for the both of us....

Thanks for your advise.
My understanding is proof of residence is different from proof of settlement (PR).

The guidance in form AN is quite clear on what is required to prove residence - see page 31 of form:
SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in
civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application:
required for applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants

Your passports
Or
Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Ok; I'll provide payslips/p60's. Thanks again for your clarification! It is much appreciated.

Ajenta83

Re: section 1.53 employment 10 years or 5 years

Post by Ajenta83 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Quick question on 1.49.
If the applicant is the director of his ltd comanpay, but is also the only employer which option do you choose? Employee or director? He is currently getting a monthly wage through his ltd company; therefore I thought he was an employee of his ltd company.
Many thanks in advance!

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:20 am

Hi,

Just completing everything; and wanted to double/triple check before this weeks appointment (because I feel like I'm missing something).
I've used pages 30 - 32 as the guideline.
Section 1: Evidence of Identity
Passport (expired) + driving license + credit card statement (recent) + Permanent Residence on vignette
Section 2: Evidence of knowledge of language and LITH UK test
Test letter + print out 10 points for UK bachelors degree + transcript
Section 3: Evidence of lawful residence during the 6 years
Passport (expired) + PR + p60 (2009-2015)
Section 4: ;evidence of settlement for applicant from EEA or their non eea direct family members
PR on vignette + passport
Not sure if I also should provide them my PR (EEA national) + marriage certificate
Section 5: evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions required for all applicants except those covered by section 4
Passport
Section 6: n/a
Section 7: n/a
Section 8: n/a
Section 9: n/a

+ 2 passport size pix.
Am I missing anything? Do I have to provide the 6 years address proof? ; Current payslips since 2015 P60 till now I'm hopefully stressing out for no reason. Just remembered last time we did the application for PR we had to provide sooooo many documents! This envelope feels very light!!!!! :oops:
Thanks all!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:38 am

Why do you need:
1. driving license + credit card statement?
2. Two photographs?

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:50 am

sushdmehta wrote:Why do you need:
1. driving license + credit card statement?
2. Two photographs?
His passport expired in May 15; therefore he used driving license and statement for his LITUK test.
2. apologies; my bad :oops: 1 photo for the referee section.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:52 am

Then it makes sense!

Ajenta83

Re: section 1.53 employment 10 years or 5 years

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Ajenta83 wrote:Quick question on 1.49.
If the applicant is the director of his ltd comanpay, but is also the only employer which option do you choose? Employee or director? He is currently getting a monthly wage through his ltd company; therefore I thought he was an employee of his ltd company.
Many thanks in advance!
Highly appreciated if someone can advise on the above? Is it ok if I tick director & employee for 1.49? Or will that cause confusion for the caseworker?
Many thanks in advance!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Based on what is suggested on the forum, director.

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Many thanks!

Hopefully last and final question regarding 7.7 (declaration) (apologies if it seems silly :oops: ...)...

7.2 - 7.6 all ticked
7.7 states: * I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the home secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them.
* delete if not applicable means I don't tick it if it's not applicable to the applicant (no special circumstances right)?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:25 pm

Delete if not applicable:

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Many thanks!

Ajenta83

Re: Few questions about application. thanks for helping :)

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:35 pm

You can get address of your tax office from any HMRC letter or P60 form or similar.
It is not your PAYE ref but if you have such a reference you can use that in Q1.52.
Quick question; just looking at a few different P60's and apart from the paye reference I'm unable to see either the HRMC address or a tax reference number.
We do receive different letters from Hrmc; which have all different addresses :?
In 2013 my husband was working through the construction scheme and was provided a unique tax referenece number. Is that the tax reference they refer to? :roll:

noajthan

Re: Few questions about application. thanks for helping :)

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Ajenta83 wrote:
You can get address of your tax office from any HMRC letter or P60 form or similar.
It is not your PAYE ref but if you have such a reference you can use that in Q1.52.
Quick question; just looking at a few different P60's and apart from the paye reference I'm unable to see either the HRMC address or a tax reference number.
We do receive different letters from Hrmc; which have all different addresses :?
In 2013 my husband was working through the construction scheme and was provided a unique tax referenece number. Is that the tax reference they refer to? :roll:
For a regular employee, PAYE reference is a tax reference ( :!: )

If self-employed I think UTR is a tax ref number, (sounds like one).

Ajenta83

Post by Ajenta83 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Thanks. I'll just provide that number. I'm also providing his 6 P60's so it should be clear right... If not they can call us...