ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RCMP requested now??????

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abuzeyad
Newly Registered

RCMP requested now??????

Post by abuzeyad » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:05 pm

Hello guys,

I have arrived to Canada and started my studt at UofT in Janauary 2007 and I have applied - Buffalo, July, 2007 and got AOR - Aug 09, 2007. Then, on AUG 14, I recived a letter requesting the Englist profieciany test IELTS.
On Oct 23, they sent me another letter requesting RCMP check based on fingrprint.

I have some questions here:
1-Should I make this RCMP check for me and my wife? They didn´t mention anything about her in the letter but I guess she has the sae situation as me.
2-By sending this letter to me, does it mean that they started a "real" processing or assessment of my application? I mean by real that gives me points upon my application not just checking if somthing missing.

Note : I have applied before completing 6 months in Canada

Thank you in advance

Ahmed

Willy
Newly Registered

RCMP requested now??????

Post by Willy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 pm

Hi Ahmed,

Please see below my comment to your questions:

1. I would recommend both you and your wife do the RCMP check. Please make sure you do it at a recognized fingerprinting agency. You can find out more on the RCMP web site.

2. It seems to me that they are checking what is missing, that is why you are receiving the letters. I would strongly suggest you to provide the documents to them as soon as you can. They cannot assess the file without all necessary documents.