ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturlisation and Tax Payment. A bit of Tax unpaid.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harry.pontoondock
Newly Registered

Naturlisation and Tax Payment. A bit of Tax unpaid.

Post by harry.pontoondock » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi am due to apply for Naturalization in August end.( got ILR aug 2014 ) I came to the UK on Tier1 and have owned a ltd company since 2009. During my ILR ( aug 2014 ) i showed my companys income for which some of tax is paid and balance i still owe to HMRC but will pay in installments ( last due date for tax is Sep 2015 as we get max 9 months to clear all the dues) . I still owe HMRC approx £4k . Will this affect my naturalization application if its pending or unpaid ? Thanks

harry.pontoondock
Newly Registered

Need for English test or Naric ?

Post by harry.pontoondock » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Hi do i have to give English test called B1 or do NARIC whilst submitting Naturalization form ? I did not submit those during my ILR last year. I have finished my graduation in English from Delhi univesity . Diffrent people have different opinion about it and its confusing. Thanks in advance.

mavdi

Re: Need for English test or Naric ?

Post by mavdi » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:30 pm

I had a degree in English, rather than dealing with NARIC, I just booked a B1 test and did it. The entire process took about 15 mins and £80.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Naturlisation and Tax Payment. A bit of Tax unpaid.

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:31 am

Regarding English language requirements, read Guide AN or read this post.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

harry.pontoondock
Newly Registered

Which council to apply for Naturalization ?

Post by harry.pontoondock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:44 am

Does it make any difference if Naturalization Application form is submitted in a particular council where processing is quicker. Also is it reflected/ printed on your Naturallization certificate that you have applied via particular council. Also i checked different council have diffrent fees. Kindly Advise.

harry.pontoondock
Newly Registered

I want a new name on british passport & Naturlization cert?

Post by harry.pontoondock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:01 am

Hi my name written on Indian passport is Surname : Mehra and Given Names : Harish Kedarnath . In India middle name is always fathers name and here in the UK its not. On Naturalisation form it says on 1.6 other names where i have to write my first name so in that place can i write Harish instead of Harish Kedarnath so my natrulisation certificate and passport its always Harish Mehra. As because in many places or countries people think Harish Kedarnath is my name. help pls.

secret.simon

Re: I want a new name on british passport & Naturlization ce

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:21 am

harry.pontoondock wrote:my natrulisation certificate and passport its always Harish Mehra.
Your father's first name is also your middle name. If you wish to remove any part of your name, change it by deed poll. That will make it legal for all purposes across all documents. If you just fill it incompletely in the naturalisation forms, there may issues with processing the forms itself.

You may cause issues when your British passport is to be issued. HMPO issues the passport in the same name as the one in other current passport(s) (of another country). Search on these forums about issues with married women, who have passports from their former countries in their maiden names.

secret.simon

Re: Which council to apply for Naturalization ?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:39 am

You can apply through any council that provides the service. All that the NCS does is that they verify that the required documents are attached to the application and provide certified copies of your passport and BRP card.

Processing at the Home Office is unaffected by which council is used for NCS service.
harry.pontoondock wrote:Also is it reflected/ printed on your Naturallization certificate that you have applied via particular council.
No.

harry.pontoondock
Newly Registered

Post by harry.pontoondock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:41 am

Thank SecretSimon. My fathers name is Kedarnath. So i just wanted Harish Mehra. On naturalisation form it says in point 1.7 ( if the names you have given are different or spelt differently from the name shown on your passport , please explain why on page 23 )

harry.pontoondock
Newly Registered

Post by harry.pontoondock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:44 am

Do i have to do deed poll before and the apply for Naturalization later ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:45 am

Change your name by deed poll.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:45 am

Please keep your queries regarding naturalisation application in a single topic.

harry.pontoondock
Newly Registered

Which council to apply for Naturalization ?

Post by harry.pontoondock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Does it make any difference if Naturalization Application form is submitted in a particular council where processing is quicker. Also is it reflected/ printed on your Naturallization certificate that you have applied via particular council. Also i checked different council have diffrent fees. Kindly Advise.

harry.pontoondock
Newly Registered

Post by harry.pontoondock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:55 pm

@sushmehta i dont know why all my post shows under one topic ? :-(

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Which council to apply for Naturalization ?

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:13 am

harry.pontoondock wrote:Does it make any difference if Naturalization Application form is submitted in a particular council where processing is quicker. Also is it reflected/ printed on your Naturallization certificate that you have applied via particular council. Also i checked different council have diffrent fees. Kindly Advise.

I always wondered why the councils charge different fees for doing the same job across the board. It should all be fixed price all over the UK imho except maybe London as everything is overpriced in every capital city!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:58 am

harry.pontoondock wrote:@sushmehta i dont know why all my post shows under one topic ? :-(
sushdmehta wrote:Please keep your queries regarding naturalisation application in a single topic.
Click on the links!

harry.pontoondock wrote:Does it make any difference if Naturalization Application form is submitted in a particular council where processing is quicker. Also is it reflected/ printed on your Naturallization certificate that you have applied via particular council. Also i checked different council have diffrent fees. Kindly Advise.
Councils don't do the processing. They examine your application for completeness and forward it to Home Office.
No, why would it be - they don't award you citizenship, the Home Office does.
Yes, so?

ducklover26
Newly Registered

Re: Need for English test or Naric ?

Post by ducklover26 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:16 pm

mavdi wrote:I had a degree in English, rather than dealing with NARIC, I just booked a B1 test and did it. The entire process took about 15 mins and £80.

Splendid! I did the same. yes it is lot easier and less cumbersome than NARIC.