ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it considered to be "Working" during Maternity leave!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tapash

Is it considered to be "Working" during Maternity leave!!

Post by tapash » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:08 am

I am on maternity leave for 39 weeks and took another 13 weeks as UNPAID maternity leave. I am going back to work at the end of 52 weeks.

I am just wondering does it affect my eligibility of PR due to unpaid maternity leave? Am I considered to be working during this period?
Last edited by tapash on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Re: Is it considered to be "Working" during Maternity leave!

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tapash

Post by tapash » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:24 am

Thanks Vinny!! Great post, made lot of things clear. But It did not became clear for me what shall I write on the application form. Just because I am going back to work after the maternity period (while I was receiving maternity pay), Am I still as a Working or not working person?

boloney

Post by boloney » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:04 pm

You are still employed even when you are unpaid.

tapash

Post by tapash » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:10 pm

boloney wrote:You are still employed even when you are unpaid.
Thanks. The reason I am asking is because, there is a section in the application where the question asked about "Temporary Incapacity". Just wondering. if I would have to fill in for the period of maternity leave??!!

(4) Temporary incapacity
9.7 If, during the relevant qualifying period, you were/your sponsor was temporarily unable to work or pursue self-employed activity due to an illness or accident, please give details below:
Nature of the illness or accident:
Period(s) during which you/they were unable to work: