ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nash82
United Kingdom

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by Nash82 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Slight Update :

Received A letter from HO today asking for documemts covering the period from 2010-2013 to prove that I was residing in UK.

Two strange things happened. The letter says that all of my original documents are enclosed which I submitted with the application but no documents were in the letter. Called HO and they said the case worker must have forgotten to put the documents in the post. This is actually funny and the sign of Incompetency. Secondly I did changed my correspondece address with HO and they confirmed that it is changed but the letter went to the old address. Big error again from HO.

Anyways I will expalin everything in the cover letter.

Thornbury
Newly Registered

Post by Thornbury » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:00 am

Alhamdulillah I have received my approval 2day. Applied on 9th March. I have been asked for further documents twice.

Thornbury
Newly Registered

Post by Thornbury » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:09 am

Nash82 wrote:Slight Update :

Received A letter from HO today asking for documemts covering the period from 2010-2013 to prove that I was residing in UK.

Two strange things happened. The letter says that all of my original documents are enclosed which I submitted with the application but no documents were in the letter. Called HO and they said the case worker must have forgotten to put the documents in the post. This is actually funny and the sign of Incompetency. Secondly I did changed my correspondece address with HO and they confirmed that it is changed but the letter went to the old address. Big error again from HO.

Make sure u read this before sending ur documents.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_18_B.pdf
I have been asked for documents twice. 2nd time I ve sent my documents on Tuesday (HO received on Wednesday ) and I ve received my aproval 2day. Send ur documents asap n u ll get ur aproval with in 2 weeks In Sha Allah

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:02 am

Thornbury wrote:

I have been asked for documents twice. 2nd time I ve sent my documents on Tuesday (HO received on Wednesday ) and I ve received my aproval 2day. Send ur documents asap n u ll get ur aproval with in 2 weeks In Sha Allah

Congrats mate for the approval ALHAMDULILLAH.
THANKS a lot for the link and suggestion. Please check your PM.

Leis

Post by Leis » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:42 am

Hi all,
I just received my approval letter from HO. Thanks for all who shared their experiences in this forum. I wish all who are waiting for their approval.

Number of applications: 2+ 3 (Children)
Eligibility criteria: 2+ 3 +1 (ILR) years
Language criteria met: M.Sc (Ireland)+ UK Naric
Nationality: Singapore
Method of application: NCS Leicester
Date of application:25/03/2015
Payment method: CC
Date of acknowledgment:02/04/2015
Date of fees taken :01/04/2015
Date approval received:22/08/2015
Date of ceremony :waiting

Thornbury
Newly Registered

Post by Thornbury » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Nash82 wrote:
Thornbury wrote:

Congrats mate for the approval ALHAMDULILLAH.
THANKS a lot for the link and suggestion. Please check your PM.
Sory I ve tried but it says I can't use this service. Don't know y, may b im new user that's y.

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Sory I ve tried but it says I can't use this service. Don't know y, may b im new user that's y.[/quote]

Its ok no worries, I have read the link you shared and helped alot. Thanks very much for this.

My question is :

HO have asked me to prove that I was in UK since March 2010. As my previous passport was lost and I did reported to Police. All the matter was informed to HO durng my ILR. now they are asking the letters from HMRC OR PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS OR COLLEGE/Uni. I do not have any employer letter as I wasnt working but do have some of the college docs and all majority of utility bills and bank statements. Do you they will acept bank statement, mobile and utility bills, council letters etc?

Technically they should accept it.

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:42 pm

Leis wrote:Hi all,
I just received my approval letter from HO. Thanks for all who shared their experiences in this forum. I wish all who are waiting for their approval.

Number of applications: 2+ 3 (Children)
Eligibility criteria: 2+ 3 +1 (ILR) years
Language criteria met: M.Sc (Ireland)+ UK Naric
Nationality: Singapore
Method of application: NCS Leicester
Date of application:25/03/2015
Payment method: CC
Date of acknowledgment:02/04/2015
Date of fees taken :01/04/2015
Date approval received:22/08/2015
Date of ceremony :waiting

Congratssssss :D

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:00 pm

Dear All

Just a quick note to say i have received approval today Mashallah
Date applied 23rd March
Fee Taken 31st March
Approval Received today 21st august at the new address i changed with them last week

Letter dated :13th August

Special thanks to Tulip for keeping the forum alive and good luck to everyone waiting

Thornbury
Newly Registered

Post by Thornbury » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Nash82 wrote:Sory I ve tried but it says I can't use this service. Don't know y, may b im new user that's y.
Its ok no worries, I have read the link you shared and helped alot. Thanks very much for this.

My question is :

HO have asked me to prove that I was in UK since March 2010. As my previous passport was lost and I did reported to Police. All the matter was informed to HO durng my ILR. now they are asking the letters from HMRC OR PREVIOUS EMPLOYERS OR COLLEGE/Uni. I do not have any employer letter as I wasnt working but do have some of the college docs and all majority of utility bills and bank statements. Do you they will acept bank statement, mobile and utility bills, council letters etc?

Technically they should accept it.[/quote]
I have lost my passports as well but I was working during that period. So I ve sent employer letter and P60s. They do accept letters from School or College. If u have council tax bills then must send those as well. Mention in covering letter that u were not working in that period.

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Thornbury wrote:
Nash82 wrote:Sory I ve tried but it says I can't use this service. Don't know y, may b im new user that's y.

My question is :

Technically they should accept it.

I have lost my passports as well but I was working during that period. So I ve sent employer letter and P60s. They do accept letters from School or College. If u have council tax bills then must send those as well. Mention in covering letter that u were not working in that period.[/quote]

Will definitely do that IN SHA ALLAH. Thanks alot for the advice :D

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Freeman78 wrote:Dear All

Date applied 23rd March
Fee Taken 31st March
Approval Received today 21st august at the new address i changed with them last week

Special thanks to Tulip for keeping the forum alive and good luck to everyone waiting

Congrats man :D

Ash29g
Newly Registered

Post by Ash29g » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Dear All

Very pleased to say that we had our famous second class brown envelopes received today.
Timeline
Date of application : 23/03/15
Nationality : Indian (5yrs + 1yrILR)
Date received : 30/03/15
Local authority : Southwark NCS
Date of acknowledge : 01/04/15
Date received (approval) : 22/08/15 dated 13th August

On an average March applicants received in and around 5months.

This forum has been a great platform, very informative and useful.

Good luck to all the March applicants! Not long now.

Thank you

ash

martin54

Post by martin54 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:58 pm

With the power of almighty God my application was successful.

Eligibility criteria: spouse of BC
Language criteria met ESOL B1 & LIUK
Current nationality:Nigerian
Method of application: Posted
Date of application: 10/03/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/03/2015
Date of acknowledgment: By post
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17/03/2015
Date approval received: 22nd of Aug and approved 19th of Aug
Date of ceremony: Yet to be book

English certificate for BC was requested on july 23rd because the one i used was just functional skills L1 and i did another one at the new approval centre. Certificate was sent to HO and they approve it within one week. Thanks very much for everyone in this forum especially the senior member and to everyone that contribute to answer my questions when i need helps. God bless.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 am

Freeman78 wrote:Dear All

Date applied 23rd March
Fee Taken 31st March

Congratulations :)

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

martin54 wrote:With the power of almighty God my application was successful.

Eligibility criteria: spouse of BC
Language criteria met ESOL B1 & LIUK
Current nationality:Nigerian
Method of application: Posted
Date of application: 10/03/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/03/2015
Date of acknowledgment: By post
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17/03/2015
Date approval received: 22nd of Aug and approved 19th of Aug
Date of ceremony: Yet to be book

English certificate for BC was requested on july 23rd because the one i used was just functional skills L1 and i did another one at the new approval centre. Certificate was sent to HO and they approve it within one week. Thanks very much for everyone in this forum especially the senior member and to everyone that contribute to answer my questions when i need helps. God bless.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

Ash29g wrote:Dear All

Very pleased to say that we had our famous second class brown envelopes received today.
Timeline
Date of application : 23/03/15
Nationality : Indian (5yrs + 1yrILR)
Date received : 30/03/15
Local authority : Southwark NCS
Date of acknowledge : 01/04/15
Date received (approval) : 22/08/15 dated 13th August

On an average March applicants received in and around 5months.

This forum has been a great platform, very informative and useful.

Good luck to all the March applicants! Not long now.

Thank you

ash

bhaijaan86
Newly Registered

Post by bhaijaan86 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi,

I got my letter on 20th.

Date of application : 03/03/15
Nationality : Pakistani
Date of acknowledgement: 09/03/2015
Local authority : Croydon NCS
Date received (approval) : 10/08/2015 RECEIVED ON 20/08/2015
Thanks to Allah. Slow but sure!! Wish every one else all the best.

members

Post by members » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:54 pm

WIfe applied on 03 March 2015, and still waiting. We are travelling in two weeks time.
We do not hope to receive any outcome before we leave, but we are concerned that HO may ask for original documents (eg. Passport) while she would be away for 2 months.

Did someone receive any original document/more information request from HO after six months?

What shall she do after six months would be over in 10 days time. It is very unlikely that she would receive any decision within the next 10 days.

My wife is really stressed! Any advice/opinion will be greatly appreciated.

sornam123
Newly Registered

Post by sornam123 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:52 pm

members wrote:WIfe applied on 03 March 2015, and still waiting. We are travelling in two weeks time.
We do not hope to receive any outcome before we leave, but we are concerned that HO may ask for original documents (eg. Passport) while she would be away for 2 months.

Did someone receive any original document/more information request from HO after six months?

What shall she do after six months would be over in 10 days time. It is very unlikely that she would receive any decision within the next 10 days.

Hi

If you request your documents back then you have to wait another couple weeks.

With in 10 days hopefully you will receive the letter. I applied 13th of March and I checked with HO they said they are processing March applications.

My personnel advise wait and pray! Good luck !!

members

Post by members » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:43 pm

sornam123 wrote:
members wrote:WIfe applied on 03 March 2015, and still waiting. We are travelling in two weeks time.

Hi

If you request your documents back then you have to wait another couple weeks.

With in 10 days hopefully you will receive the letter. I applied 13th of March and I checked with HO they said they are processing March applications.

My personnel advise wait and pray! Good luck !!

Thank you for your response. She applied using NCS so she has her passport with her and doesn't need to make a 'return of document' request.

alexska
Newly Registered

Post by alexska » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:00 pm

Applied 09 March 2015
Received 10 March 2015
Fee Deducted 14 March 2015
Acknowledgment letter 21 March 2015
Approval - Only ceremony invitation letter from the council dated 17 August
Ceremony date 09 September 2015

Hi Everyone,

I've waited one week to receive my approval letter. But I haven't still got it. I contacted my council however they can't do anything about it. I've tried to call HO today but their lines are either busy or no one answers it. My ceremony will take place in 2 weeks. It is so frustrating!!!
Did anyone experience the same situation? If so, how did you solve it?

Many Thanks,

members

Post by members » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:36 pm

alexska wrote:Applied 09 March 2015
Received 10 March 2015

Hi Everyone,

I've waited one week to receive my approval letter. But I haven't still got it. I contacted my council however they can't do anything about it. I've tried to call HO today but their lines are either busy or no one answers it. My ceremony will take place in 2 weeks. It is so frustrating!!!

Many Thanks,
Call 0300 123 2253 and select option 1 and then option 3. The line could be busy, you just have to bear with it. Possibly call after 2 pm. The council has received your certificate, and as a result they sent you an invitation letter. How did you book a date without the approval letter in hand? Did not they ask for it at the time booking the ceremony date?

martin54

Post by martin54 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:18 pm

members wrote:
Received 10 March 2015

Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks,
Call 0300 123 2253 and select option 1 and then option 3. The line could be busy, you just have to bear with it. Possibly call after 2 pm. The council has received your certificate, and as a result they sent you an invitation letter. How did you book a date without the approval letter in hand? Did not they ask for it at the time booking the ceremony date?
Your approval letter will come before your ceremony, you still have more week ahead of you and council normally send invitation letter once they have certificate already with them and pick any available date for ceremony. if your approval letter don't come in time then you can rebook for another date. You should be happy and smile by now than before that you waiting and looking for the post everyday for HO brown envelope to come.

alexska
Newly Registered

Post by alexska » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:55 pm

I didn't book it. My council sent me an invitation letter along with the ceremony date. I was surprised to receive it before approval letter. I will call HO again. Thanks a lot.
members wrote:
Received 10 March 2015

Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks,