ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification of 6-month visa-waiver entry time limit?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stupot
Newly Registered

Clarification of 6-month visa-waiver entry time limit?

Post by stupot » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 am

Hi all, I know this might sound like a stupid question at first, but I just want to make sure we don't mess this up by overstaying by one day or something.

My sister-in-law is from Taiwan and wants to come over to the UK to visit my wife. As she's Taiwanese, she qualifies for the visa-waiver program, which if I understand right entitles her to a 6-month stamp.

Now let's say for the sake of argument that she arrives on 10th September. What is the LAST day that she must leave the UK by? Is it 9th March? Can she leave on 10th March?

And just to clarify, it's 6 months, right? Not, say, 182 days?

If anyone can provide a link where it really specifies the exact date she would have to leave by, that would be really helpful, thanks.

vinny

Re: Clarification of 6-month visa-waiver entry time limit?

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:17 am

A visitor stamp would have conditions attached, e.g.:Image
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

stupot
Newly Registered

Re: Clarification of 6-month visa-waiver entry time limit?

Post by stupot » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:56 am

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it will be like this one:

So using that one as an example, would the absolute latest someone could leave the country with that stamp be 29th December 2014, or could it be 30th December?