ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hinna
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by hinna » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Salaam,

Can you ask for an update if they have received your paperwork via email?

Or do they normally contact you to let you know they have received it?

Jzk.

yasir143

Post by yasir143 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 pm

hinna wrote:Salaam,

Can you ask for an update if they have received your paperwork via email?

Or do they normally contact you to let you know they have received it?

Jzk.

They will send you acknowledgement email but it could take up to two weeks.

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:15 pm

@yasir

If you don't mind me asking, what is the issue with your cousin?
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

yasir143

Post by yasir143 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:57 pm

zakikhan wrote:@yasir

first time when he applied and passed test from grafton it was (when 18600 case was in court) that time some inquiry was going on against grafton and he was refused that Eco can't verify his result and second time Eco said you have passed the basic bigner test not the one he need A1 he appealed both times but no luck even he sent letter from the collage too basicly he is a village guy and didn't hv much enough information and agents and college ruined his case last time when he appealed he passed the right test but unfortunately could not get it in time and his appeal got dismissed.its gone be five years now he is trying

SoStressed
Newly Registered

Post by SoStressed » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:05 pm

yasir143 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:
SoStressed wrote:new to this, I have applied for my husband's spouse viss online on 13th August and sent documents to Sheffield on 20th. However, I did not send the printed online application form. I'm so worried that it will get refused because of this. My husband took it with him when he went to submit his biometrics but they didn't take it and aasked him to sign something else. I don't know what to do? I was advised that we do not need to send it from here but after reading this I realise we should have. Can someone please advise me what should I do?

Your username certainly fits in well with your situation. When your husband sent you his English and TB test certificates, why didn't he send you the signed application as well? If he signed something else, you should know what he signed and why, he should have told you.

Not much you can do now really apart from wait. You won't know the fate of the outcome until around mid November now.

He sent me those documents as soon as we found out we need to send documents to Sheffield, I didn't know at the time that there was anything else for him to sign and send to me. He told me it was a declartion which is also on the printed online application but I don't know if it is the same declaration. I can't believe this has happened because we have everything else we needed and I was pleased that I had all documents together and now I've made this huge mistake.
Maybe another member can tell you if their spouse had to sign a declaration as well when they submitted their biometrics and passport and what it was for.

It may work out for you, just hope for the best that it does.

Did you send a prepaid self addressed envelope as well for your documents to be returned back to you?

There is only two pages in online form where applicant have to sing and send it with other sporting documents.
Yes, I am aware of this now. Do you know what declaration they ask you to sign when biometrics are submitted?

SoStressed
Newly Registered

Post by SoStressed » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:09 pm

@So.stressed its bcoz the house in which i was living as tenant was so costly and i didnt attached any house reports, rent book, or land registry. and my bank statements didnt show that i was paying rent..

Oh, seems like the smallest thing can lead to a refusal. Insha Allah your new application will be successful.

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:31 pm

salam guys

I've worded a cover letter asking for statement of result etc to be linked to my wife's file which i assume must be at sheffield now ( submitted it on 27th July).
We didn't submit these at time of application, and according to a lawyer I don't need to even send these as i have sent the certificate but with refusals due to this test... i feel i should...what do you think guys? Could sending this doc after submission be unwise??

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Midra wrote:Tehmina and Humbleguy

Any updates yet? My recent update,still not assessed by ECO :| no idea what they doing!
Update today for me is the same, yet to be asssesed!

yasir143

Post by yasir143 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:48 pm

[quote="SoStressed"
Yes, I am aware of this now. Do you know what declaration they ask you to sign when biometrics are submitted?[/quote]

Only a page which says I submit my passport and the recipet of money I paid for sms service

iakhan82
Newly Registered

Post by iakhan82 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:12 pm

yasir143 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:
SoStressed wrote:new to this, I have applied for my husband's spouse viss online on 13th August and sent documents to Sheffield on 20th. However, I did not send the printed online application form. I'm so worried that it will get refused because of this. My husband took it with him when he went to submit his biometrics but they didn't take it and aasked him to sign something else. I don't know what to do? I was advised that we do not need to send it from here but after reading this I realise we should have. Can someone please advise me what should I do?

Your username certainly fits in well with your situation. When your husband sent you his English and TB test certificates, why didn't he send you the signed application as well? If he signed something else, you should know what he signed and why, he should have told you.

Not much you can do now really apart from wait. You won't know the fate of the outcome until around mid November now.

He sent me those documents as soon as we found out we need to send documents to Sheffield, I didn't know at the time that there was anything else for him to sign and send to me. He told me it was a declartion which is also on the printed online application but I don't know if it is the same declaration. I can't believe this has happened because we have everything else we needed and I was pleased that I had all documents together and now I've made this huge mistake.
Maybe another member can tell you if their spouse had to sign a declaration as well when they submitted their biometrics and passport and what it was for.

It may work out for you, just hope for the best that it does.

Did you send a prepaid self addressed envelope as well for your documents to be returned back to you?

There is only two pages in online form where applicant have to sing and send it with other sporting documents.
Simply, do an additional cover letter together with GWF reference number and send them with recorded delivery. Although, if they still take this against you then later on you can prove on your appeal that you have sent declaration already.

Midra

Post by Midra » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Any karachi June applicants in here?

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:26 pm

yasir143 wrote:
zakikhan wrote:@yasir

first time when he applied and passed test from grafton it was (when 18600 case was in court) that time some inquiry was going on against grafton and he was refused that Eco can't verify his result and second time Eco said you have passed the basic bigner test not the one he need A1 he appealed both times but no luck even he sent letter from the collage too basicly he is a village guy and didn't hv much enough information and agents and college ruined his case last time when he appealed he passed the right test but unfortunately could not get it in time and his appeal got dismissed.its gone be five years now he is trying
What he should have done is get a letter from Cambridge English as the college can only confirm that he sat the exam but Cambridge English can confirm certificate authenticity and that a test day photo was taken. You HAVE to supply the confirmation on entry as well
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:56 pm

@ raymondsnr you have to? This is what is confusing... ive taken the below from

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

For tests taken BEFORE 6 April 2013 : Certificate, Statement of results, Candidate ID number and
Candidate's secret number (applicants should provide Statement of Entry if possible)

For tests taken on or AFTER 6 April 2013 : no documents required (Scores must be verified using the Cambridge English online system using name, date of birth and passport number).

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 pm

zakikhan wrote:@ raymondsnr you have to? This is what is confusing... ive taken the below from

For tests taken BEFORE 6 April 2013 : Certificate, Statement of results, Candidate ID number and
Candidate's secret number (applicants should provide Statement of Entry if possible)

For tests taken on or AFTER 6 April 2013 : no documents required (Scores must be verified using the Cambridge English online system using name, date of birth and passport number).
When applying you need to supply certificate, statement of results and confirmation on entry which the latter document I missed out.

But you ukvi give you an option to appeal if they are not satisfied or do not use the contingency procedure available to them you need to supply what I previously stated in the appeal

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Raymandosnr wrote:
zakikhan wrote:@ raymondsnr you have to? This is what is confusing... ive taken the below from

When applying you need to supply certificate, statement of results and confirmation on entry which the latter document I missed out.

So were you refused for failing to provide confirmation of entry? What is your timeline? When did you do the test??

irfan278
United Kingdom

Post by irfan278 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi all,

Thought I'd share some info which may be useful...or useless. You decide :)

Today I received my documents back which my wife sent over (via DHL took 3 days). The documents were still in the envelope she got them back in and documents still in the same order. When going through the documents, I noticed some things were missing.

Contents page
Applicant & Sponsor covering letters
Online application form
Appendix 2
Sponsorship su07
Sponsor savings acc statement (not wages related)
Land registry
x5 Sponsors original bank statements

Not sure if this means none of this was required (other than online form & app. 2) and was just binned. However, I am annoyed 5 out of the 7 original posted bank statements I provided have not been returned.

Just thought I'd share in case if helps somebody.

Enn.Kayy
Newly Registered

Post by Enn.Kayy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:25 pm

humbleguy wrote:

Any updates yet? My recent update,still not assessed by ECO :| no idea what they doing!

Hi guys.

Did u email them to receieve these updates?

Have you escalated your case? If not when will do so?

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Enn.Kayy wrote:
humbleguy wrote:

Hi guys.

Did u email them to receieve these updates?

Have you escalated your case? If not when will do so?
Yao email and you get a reply in 1 day

Enn.Kayy
Newly Registered

Post by Enn.Kayy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 am

Enn.Kayy wrote:
humbleguy wrote:

I'm not too sure as to whether to email them or not. Due to the fact i've applied later than you. Am i being too impatient?

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:57 am

4.13 How much of your sponsor’s total monthly income is given to their family members and other dependents?
State how much of your sponsor’s monthly income is given to family members or other dependents.

what do they mean by this? as i am a little confused. does this mean money i spend in regards to my sons food, clothing and school transport ??

hope someone can clarify

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:09 am

badmaash wrote:4.13 How much of your sponsor’s total monthly income is given to their family members and other dependents?
State how much of your sponsor’s monthly income is given to family members or other dependents.

what do they mean by this? as i am a little confused. does this mean money i spend in regards to my sons food, clothing and school transport ??

hope someone can clarify
No spend necessarily but how much do you give to people that need money from you to live such as rent money, petrol

cant blv

Post by cant blv » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:21 am

why everyone is so quite, where are june's contenders,
humbleguy how abut you, did not escalate ? i just checked visa processing times for various cities, Lahore Karachi Mirpur, all have improved in July compared to what they were in June, below is Lahore's,

Settlement Visas
Settlement
Most applications are processed within 90 days.
Number of days to process application 10 days 15 days 30 days 60 days 90 days
% of applications decided 1% 4% 4% 76% 100%
Application Date: 18 June
Biometric: 25 June Lahore

tehmina

Post by tehmina » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:23 am

Yes July is much better even for isb and mirpur which is 86% within 60 days
Visa Timeline
Online Application: 08/06/15 Type: Spouse Visa
Documents Submitted @ ISB: 12/06/15
Documents Received BHC ISB: 17/06/15
Esclation -6th August ---pres assessment done.
Update 12 August --application in progress.

tehmina

Post by tehmina » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:28 am

Today no visa processed text/email/update from any June members
May be tomorrow.
Visa Timeline
Online Application: 08/06/15 Type: Spouse Visa
Documents Submitted @ ISB: 12/06/15
Documents Received BHC ISB: 17/06/15
Esclation -6th August ---pres assessment done.
Update 12 August --application in progress.

cant blv

Post by cant blv » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:42 am

tehmina, did u escalate ?
what do you think what they do in pre assessment checks ?
Application Date: 18 June
Biometric: 25 June Lahore