ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (general) application from outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 (general) application from outside UK

Post by Shah1698 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Thanks sushdmehta - It makes more sense but what I am not sure is - Which address the send BRP card then?
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:13 am

Hi Moderators/ Respected Gurus, and senior members,

Thank you for your help for my Tier 2 general visa queries. I have got another question for which I am not sure whether I should select "Yes"/"No".

Question is - "Have you taken more than one months leave in the last year?"

I didn't quite get this question - I have been granted a UK general visitor visa in Mar 2015 (applied from India) and I stayed in the UK for 3 weeks. my UK visit visa is still valid upto -Sep 2015
Before this - I travelled to UK in Oct 2010 (1 month), 2011 (2 months), 2014 (1 month) on business visit visas.

Given my above travel history - should I answer YES/NO? Also, does my travel history affect my Tier 2 application in anyway?

Kindly advise.
Shah

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Post by SProgrammer » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Shah1698 wrote:Hi SProgrammer - What did you decide mate? You going to mention office address or anything else?

Also, which city are you applying from?

Hi Shah,
I have send the query to my employer. lets see what they say!
I am applying from Blore. what about you?

Sprogrammer

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi mate - I am applying from Hyderabad, hopefully on priority service if it is available in Hyd location. I asked UKVI support team (Over email) about a couple of questions, the response I received was that they cannot help with regards to visa application but they advised to add a covering letter/ mention in additional information section, if you are uncertain on any questions.

I think I should do that what shusdmehta has advised.
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi Moderators/ Senior members

I am filling out my dependent visa application (Tier 2 general partner), I think I have asked this question earlier but not received an answer.. but I am at lose to answer this - I would be grateful to you if you answer this question.

I am applying from India (Main applicant + dependents)

Partner application - In Main application section -

Q: Is the main applicant living in the UK? - I answered No

Q: What is the address where the main applicant works or studies?
Here is the problem - should I enter my current company address in India where I am working or the UK company address where I am going to join??

Please help as I need to submit my visa application this week.
Shah

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 pm

"Works" and "will work" are two different tenses! What does the form ask for?

You are making "how to fill a form" look like rocket science!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi sushdmehta - Thanks for getting back to me on this. Sorry, I don't know either - I think this screenshot may help you to understand what they are actually asking.

Could you please advice now? :)
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi Moderators/ Seniors - Could you please answer to my above query? Thanks.
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Shah1698 wrote:Hi sushdmehta - Thanks for getting back to me on this. Sorry, I don't know either - I think this screenshot may help you to understand what they are actually asking.

Sorry for asking this question again and again but I struck here and can't dare to submit the application. Any advice will be very much appreciated..
Shah

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Post by SProgrammer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Shah1698 wrote:
Shah1698 wrote:Hi sushdmehta - Thanks for getting back to me on this. Sorry, I don't know either - I think this screenshot may help you to understand what they are actually asking.

Sorry for asking this question again and again but I struck here and can't dare to submit the application. Any advice will be very much appreciated..
HI shah,
I am definitely not an expert , but just letting you know, I am putting my new job details. I got this info from another thread within this forum. I also referred to a number of Tier 4 guidance notes available from different top colleges of UK. You can always further write whatever additional info you want in the Additional information section

Hope this helps

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Can travel date be before CoS start date (Tier 2 general)?

Post by Shah1698 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Experts,

I have a query - Can main applicant put travel date in visa form earlier than CoS start date?

Suppose, CoS job start date is 14 Sep 2015. Can I put travel date as 06 Sep 2015?

Thanks
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks mate. Is that correct to put the prospective employer details when the question clearly reads "where s/he works or studies.." it does mean where s/he is currently working, doesn't it?

If it were, "will work" or "going to work", would have been more sense to put prospective employer address there. Since main applicant is currently not working for prospective employer, is it correct to mention this here..?

But what I am thinking is that - let's put current employer details (where I am currently working in India), and mention UK employer details in additional information section

Moderators/ Senior members - Please share your thoughts, as from last 3 days or so I kept my application pending because of this uncertainty and not getting any advice. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It helps many people, please reply.
Shah

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Can travel date be before CoS start date (Tier 2 general

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:31 pm

yes

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: Can travel date be before CoS start date (Tier 2 general

Post by Shah1698 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks iworker.
Shah

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Experts,

I have a query about minor's visa applications -

I am applying Tier 2 general visa for my wife and 2 children at the same time. However, they do not travel with me but will join me later. My children will travel to the UK with my wife. My questions is - Do I need to submit a Parent's consent letter for my children visa application, even they are travelling with their mother?

Please advise.
Shah

luckysunny

Re: Tier 2 general online visa application question -Please

Post by luckysunny » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:28 am

Hi Shah,

I hope everything went well with your application, and I hope you will hear great news soon.

Could you please let me know what you typed for this question? :

What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?

Did you put your employer's address or a hotel? What about your dependents? What did you put for them?

Thanks

Shah1698 wrote:Hi Experts,

Whilst filling my UK Tier 2 general online visa application (Out of country application), I stumbled upon this question but I am not sure what should I give the address as I haven't arranged any accommodation in the UK yet. I am applying visa from India.

Should I mention the employer's address who has sponsored me? or any hotel address (As I am planning to stay in a hotel for the first week of employment and then arrange a suitable accommodation in the UK) but I am not sure if we can give hotel address for Tier 2 application.

Question: - What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:25 am

Hi mate - Thanks, I gave my prospective employer address for myself and dependents and also mentioned in additional information section that, "I haven't decided accommodation yet so I gave my employer address"

Which country/ city are you applying from? All the best for your visa application.
Shah

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:52 am

Shah1698 wrote:Hi mate - Thanks, I gave my prospective employer address for myself and dependents and also mentioned in additional information section that, "I haven't decided accommodation yet so I gave my employer address"

Which country/ city are you applying from? All the best for your visa application.
Hi Shah1698,

I have a few queries regarding the online visa application form.

1. This is a bit silly, but I am asking this to be absolutely sure. My date of joining is 28th September 2015. I am planning to start my journey from India on 25th September 2015 and land in the UK on 26th September 2015. What do you suggest my "Date of plan of arrival in the UK" should be? Should I put it as 26th September or the day when I start travelling 25th September?

2. Did you submit your offer letter and contract of employment along with your visa application? These are following documents that I have been told to submit:
Completed and Signed application form, photographs, passport, COS, copy of Points Based Calculator, Appendix 5, Appointment Confirmation Notice, Confirmation of Payment of IHS, Original Bachelor's Degree and Original TB screening certificate.

Thanks,
Agni

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:49 am

awesomeagni wrote:
Shah1698 wrote:Hi mate - Thanks, I gave my prospective employer address for myself and dependents and also mentioned in additional information section that, "I haven't decided accommodation yet so I gave my employer address"

Hi Shah1698,

1. This is a bit silly, but I am asking this to be absolutely sure. My date of joining is 28th September 2015. I am planning to start my journey from India on 25th September 2015 and land in the UK on 26th September 2015. What do you suggest my "Date of plan of arrival in the UK" should be? Should I put it as 26th September or the day when I start travelling 25th September?

25th September 2015

2. Did you submit your offer letter and contract of employment along with your visa application? These are following documents that I have been told to submit:
Completed and Signed application form, photographs, passport, COS, copy of Points Based Calculator, Appendix 5, Appointment Confirmation Notice, Confirmation of Payment of IHS, Original Bachelor's Degree and Original TB screening certificate.

Yes, I have submitted my employment letter, but it is not mandatory.I have also put a covering letter to explain how I am claiming points for English language (just being safe side)

Also note that, you need to write IHS number on top left corner of your application

Thanks,
Agni
Shah

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:00 am

Shah1698 wrote:
awesomeagni wrote:

Hi Shah1698,

25th September 2015

Yes, I have submitted my employment letter, but it is not mandatory.I have also put a covering letter to explain how I am claiming points for English language (just being safe side)

Also note that, you need to write IHS number on top left corner of your application

Thanks,
Agni
Thank you for your prompt reply Shah1698. I will be submitting the application in a day or two and will be applying from Kolkata, India.

Did you have to attend any interview while submitting the documents? Can you just walk me through the formalities that are carried out in the visa application center on the day of submission of documents, if possible? I will be applying for the first time, hence asking.

Thanks,
Agni

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:50 am

Hi mate - There wasn't any interview, just I submitted visa application and supporting documents, also gave the biometric details.

1. Once you walk-in, take passport photos inside VFS (recommeded) and have one copy of your passport first and last page.

2. Get the token number issued at the token counter

3. Wait for your turn, when your token number is called, go to the counter and sumbit the visa form, your passport and supporting documents. You must verify if all have submitted.

4. Provide biometric details, that's end of it.

Keep us posted once you sumbit and once you receive the visa.

All the best mate.
Shah

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:15 pm

Shah1698 wrote:Hi mate - There wasn't any interview, just I submitted visa application and supporting documents, also gave the biometric details.

1. Once you walk-in, take passport photos inside VFS (recommeded) and have one copy of your passport first and last page.

2. Get the token number issued at the token counter

3. Wait for your turn, when your token number is called, go to the counter and sumbit the visa form, your passport and supporting documents. You must verify if all have submitted.

4. Provide biometric details, that's end of it.

Keep us posted once you sumbit and once you receive the visa.

All the best mate.

Thanks a lot Shah1698.

I have one more query regarding Date of plan of arrival in the UK.
My work start date on my COS is 28th September. My date of joining as per offer letter is 28th September.
Is it possible to put the Date of intended travel to UK as 25th or 26th September?
This might seem a bit repetitive but I am really confused. Please help.

Thanks,
Agni

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Your travel date can be 14 days before your CoS start date so it won't be any problem mate. What is your SOC code, btw?
Shah

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Shah1698 wrote:Your travel date can be 14 days before your CoS start date so it won't be any problem mate. What is your SOC code, btw?
Thanks Shah1698.
I too knew the same but a mail from third party states it should be same as COS start date. Hence the confusion.
SOC Code is 2139.

Thanks,
Agni.

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:02 am

Hi Shah1698,
Many thanks for your response!