ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Receiving CHB

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

PBS Dependant Receiving CHB

Post by UK007 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi,
PBS dependant of Tier-4 receiving CHB-BGC monthly £82.80 for a child born in the UK. Her Visa states "No Public Funds". Will that effect her visa renewal ? What to do ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Receiving CHB

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:48 pm

They/You are not allowed to claim Child Benefit and yes it will definitely affect any future visa applications. Contact HMRC and stop the Child Benefit and pay the money received back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:16 am

CR001 wrote:They/You are not allowed to claim Child Benefit and yes it will definitely affect any future visa applications. Contact HMRC and stop the Child Benefit and pay the money received back.
Hi CR001, thanks for your quick response. I was doubting the same. My wife was advised by Midwives to apply for it. On the form there was question something like - "Are you subject to immigration control now" there she selected Yes, also when was the visa issued etc etc. I was thinking they will check immigration status & refuse it. But hey, they start giving her that every month, we assumed that might something to do with UK born child.....

Anyway, we will apply for FLR(FP) 10 years private life route end of October as I need 1 month 22 days for my 10 years. Even if I apply 28 days before that, I will still need 25/26 days.
She Will contact HMRC today to stop it and arrange to pay the money back. Question is - When we apply should we just say NO on question " 5.9 Are you or your partner receiving any public funds? " as by end of October I am sure that status will change.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Midwives give the forms to everyone. Midwives are NOT immigration experts so have no clue.

The child is not British so it is irrelevant and besides, it is not children who claim benefits but adults and the adult has to be a qualifying person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:33 pm

TRUE ! Can't agree more...

Contacted HMRC today. They said they will cancel it & send confirmation letter...

Hope that will resolve the issue.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:40 pm

UK007 wrote:TRUE ! Can't agree more...

Contacted HMRC today. They said they will cancel it & send confirmation letter...

Hope that will resolve the issue.
You need to pay back those monies paid in error too.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Wanderer wrote:You need to pay back those monies paid in error too.
Yeah, asked them about that too. Lets see what kind of letter they sent. Hope they will be quick...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:49 pm

What is your/your wives Nationality?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Amber wrote:What is your/your wives Nationality?
Bangladeshi.