ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - A few questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stormystar99
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - A few questions

Post by stormystar99 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:23 pm

So it looks like realistically the best available option for my self and my Indian husband is that he returns to India and applies for a spouse visa from there. He's currently an overstayer. Forgive me for any bad grammar or spelling! Am trying to type on my phone.

I have a few questions and would appreciate any advice/answers:

1. I know I'm meant to send my passport (I'm the British citizen) with our application but I need it for my work. Will they accept a certified copy? Following on from that, if I can keep my passport, is there anything to prevent me visiting him in India for a few days so we're at least not apart for the duration of his application?

2. Will his passport be retained for the duration of the application? Or does he get it back beforehand?

3. I believe there was previously a rule that spouses couldn't be "banned" from the UK for a set period. Is that still the case?

4. I easily meet the financial requirement but I'm self employed and loooong story short, my accountants screwed up big time! This means I don't have my last years accounts. Would bank statements showing all the incoming payments, along with maybe verification from the people I've been working for, cover it?

Thanks for your time!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A few questions but mainly passport queries!

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:56 pm

1. Yes, Certified copy of all pages is fine and no problem visiting provided you meet the requirements for the visa (financial) and can take holiday from work etc.

2. Likely yes.

3. Still the case as far as I am aware, unless there is deception in his immigration history, that might cause problems.

4. Accounts for self employment are required as far as I am aware and I think S302.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stormystar99
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa - A few questions

Post by stormystar99 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi

Thanks for your response. The issue for me on the financial side is I just can't get the accounts. It's a really long story! Like I say, I can provide bundles of bank statements detailing my finances. I get my work via an agency who could provide an official document detailing my rate of pay, hours, the nature of the long term contracts etc. I also have a good bit of savings. Is there any way at all I can use this stuff instead?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:17 pm

How have you been able to submit your last year's self-assessment tax return?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

stormystar99
Newly Registered

Post by stormystar99 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Casa wrote:How have you been able to submit your last year's self-assessment tax return?
I haven't! That's the thing! A friend (in the same business as me) and I used this guy based on a recommendation from a friend of hers. We've never had our own business before. He "claimed" to be someone who could act on our behalf, liaise with accountants etc and for the first couple of years all seemed well. Our accounts were submitted, all seemed in order. There was nothing to raise our suspicions until 6 months ago when it all went wrong, my company got dissolved and everything fell apart! Now we realise all was not in order! We're we naive? For sure!! I took this recommendation in good faith and it all got messed up. It was only recently that my friend found out we were supposed to be doing self assessments. It's been a nightmare to be honest! Lesson learned for sure! But that doesn't then help me prove to the home office that I do meet the financial requirement!