ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR experience at croydon

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaas

ILR experience at croydon

Post by jaas » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi All,

Two days back I went to Croydon PEO to apply for ILR on the basis 3 years on WP + 2 years on HSMP. The guy downstairs told me that he hasn't got any records about my previous workpermits on his system and just have records about my latest HSMP only. My understanding was they will have complete records about me since I entered this country. And he told me has problem connecting to workpermit office also and asked me to come back again next week with new appointment. I tried to show him my old workpermits & EC on my passport and lots lots of other supporting documents also. But seems to be he was not interested in that ..... I don't know what to do now and just thinking am going to have same situation next week also.

Guys :: Please let me know is there any thing I can do ....Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Jaas

kariarxy

Post by kariarxy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:12 pm

that is very strange, should not happen, to be honest, I am in the same situation as you, 3 years WP+ 2 years HSMP. Have you ever tried to contact with WP department about your work permit records?

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Jaas,

It appears from my experience that they do not always have records on the Home Office computer systems of EC issued by British diplomatic posts, thereby having no idea that you were granted it and that you were in the country. Home Office databases and UKVisas databases are not linked together for some reason although the Immigration Service staff do have access to the Central Reference System (supposedly to be used by the UKVisas and the Home Office) that stores details of all visa applications made overseas and electronic copies of VAFs (these details are checked by IO at the time of your entry to the country against stamps in your passport). The only evidence of it is visa in your passport. Strange the guy did not want to accept it.

Your HSMP records will show up because you were extending your WP incountry and this is when your Home Office file was open and the reference number assigned.

You should have spoken to their manager about this. Your visas + Home Office records on HSMP totalling 5 years constitute your eligibility for ILR.

jaas

Post by jaas » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:08 am

Thanks to both Jeff & kariarxy. Yes it was very strange experience.

Today I will thinking of contacting homeoffice & workpermit again to find out more and will let you know.

kariarxy

Post by kariarxy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:58 am

hi, Jaas, how about your ILR application?