ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vjtran
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by vjtran » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:07 pm

bilirserdar wrote:
vjtran wrote:Hi everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster. Firstly, I want to say thanks to everyone as this has been a really helpful forum, especially since my lawyer seem to be ignoring my questions!

I wondered if we can add a summary to the list of timings?
i.e. date COA received - date RC received, Relationship (unmarried partner/married/extended family), and Nationalities

This would help give an idea of the circumstances as I suspect some circumstances would be easier/quicker to make a decision on than others.

So, here's my timeline and story as it might be helpful to some.

You got your COA quite fast, in a week time.
Why dont you try to find work with COA?

Submitted application (with request for return of passports) - 04/05
Payment taken - 14/05
COA and request for biometrics - 21/05
Submitted biometrics - 28/05
Passports returned - 11/06
RC ETA - late Oct / early Nov
EEA (EFM) Unmarried Partner (Spanish/Australian).
I applied with the new 108 page form.

My partner is Spanish and I am Australian. We met in Spain while I was on holiday and he moved to London 6 months later. We have lived together in London now for 2.5 years (2 years at date of application) and met 3 years ago. Our application included joint tenancy agreements, joint council tax invoices, joint bank account as well as other evidence of our living together and our relationship (personal statements, photos, greeting cards).

I was on a TIer 2 (General) sponsorship with my employer but desperate to leave my job as it was becoming unbearable to the point of affecting my personal life, health and sanity! Originally, my lawyer told me that EU law overrides UK law and that while the Home Office won't confirm my right to work, that I am legally allowed to work while awaiting the residence card. On this basis, I resigned from my job, accepted a new job offer only to discover that I cannot work. EU law definitely states that I can stay on the basis of my partner IF I can prove to the UK government that we are in a stable relationship - i.e. it is completely dependent on this application process. Unmarried partners of EU nationals are not automatically given a Right to Work with the COA.

I'm fortunate that my employer allowed me to extend my notice period. However, I am have now finished, unable to work anywhere else and waiting for the residence card for at least 2-2.5 months.

We are travelling to Spain in a couple of weeks to visit my partner's family. The Home Office confirmed that I can travel while awaiting my RC. The only caveat is that they may request additional information and I need to be able to respond within 15 days. We are only going for 10 days (7 working days) so don't see this as a problem). I will be bringing my COA, my partner's latest payslips and copies of our joint tenancy agreement just in case and to avoid any significant delays in re-entering the UK.

My passport actually expires in November, but the Home Office confirmed that I can renew my passport while my application is still in process. So I will be doing this before we go to Spain to ensure I'm ok regarding 6/3 months validity on my passport for travel.

Good luck everyone, stay calm and patient as while it's frustrating to wait without any updates, it is likely simply due to the volume of applications they need to go through.

Any other May applicants reading this?

My COA says they cannot confirm my right to work until they have made a decision. So I cannot work even with the COA.

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:23 pm

vjtran wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:
vjtran wrote:Hi everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster. Firstly, I want to say thanks to everyone as this has been a really helpful forum, especially since my lawyer seem to be ignoring my questions!

I wondered if we can add a summary to the list of timings?
i.e. date COA received - date RC received, Relationship (unmarried partner/married/extended family), and Nationalities

This would help give an idea of the circumstances as I suspect some circumstances would be easier/quicker to make a decision on than others.

So, here's my timeline and story as it might be helpful to some.

You got your COA quite fast, in a week time.
Why dont you try to find work with COA?

Submitted application (with request for return of passports) - 04/05
Payment taken - 14/05
COA and request for biometrics - 21/05
Submitted biometrics - 28/05
Passports returned - 11/06
RC ETA - late Oct / early Nov
EEA (EFM) Unmarried Partner (Spanish/Australian).
I applied with the new 108 page form.

My partner is Spanish and I am Australian. We met in Spain while I was on holiday and he moved to London 6 months later. We have lived together in London now for 2.5 years (2 years at date of application) and met 3 years ago. Our application included joint tenancy agreements, joint council tax invoices, joint bank account as well as other evidence of our living together and our relationship (personal statements, photos, greeting cards).

I was on a TIer 2 (General) sponsorship with my employer but desperate to leave my job as it was becoming unbearable to the point of affecting my personal life, health and sanity! Originally, my lawyer told me that EU law overrides UK law and that while the Home Office won't confirm my right to work, that I am legally allowed to work while awaiting the residence card. On this basis, I resigned from my job, accepted a new job offer only to discover that I cannot work. EU law definitely states that I can stay on the basis of my partner IF I can prove to the UK government that we are in a stable relationship - i.e. it is completely dependent on this application process. Unmarried partners of EU nationals are not automatically given a Right to Work with the COA.

I'm fortunate that my employer allowed me to extend my notice period. However, I am have now finished, unable to work anywhere else and waiting for the residence card for at least 2-2.5 months.

We are travelling to Spain in a couple of weeks to visit my partner's family. The Home Office confirmed that I can travel while awaiting my RC. The only caveat is that they may request additional information and I need to be able to respond within 15 days. We are only going for 10 days (7 working days) so don't see this as a problem). I will be bringing my COA, my partner's latest payslips and copies of our joint tenancy agreement just in case and to avoid any significant delays in re-entering the UK.

My passport actually expires in November, but the Home Office confirmed that I can renew my passport while my application is still in process. So I will be doing this before we go to Spain to ensure I'm ok regarding 6/3 months validity on my passport for travel.

Good luck everyone, stay calm and patient as while it's frustrating to wait without any updates, it is likely simply due to the volume of applications they need to go through.

Any other May applicants reading this?

My COA says they cannot confirm my right to work until they have made a decision. So I cannot work even with the COA.

Thats unlucky.
Anyways not much left till RC 1,5 month only.
Your advantage is being australian, Australian citizens are always welcome by HO

Chalkycheese
Newly Registered

Post by Chalkycheese » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:14 pm

bilirserdar wrote:
Chalkycheese wrote:The home office has lost our passports. I asked for them back on the 03/08 and after much pissing around by the home office I finally found out today that they thought they had sent them on the 05/08 but of course Royal mail has absolutely no record that they sent it through the tracking number they gave. The f****** D****. Seriously how can they be so incompetent.

And now they are just "going to call me back at some undetermined point in the future" to try to work it out.
Chalky
Can you explain more about this?
How they did it?
Have u asked passports back or passports has been lost on the way back to you with RC?
So I asked for my passport back 03/08. I doubt it had my rc in it as I applied in April and I don't think they're doing ours yet. When my passport hadn't arrived after the 10 working days I filled in the online form to query where it was. Then on Monday 24th I called them. They said there was nothing they could do because it hadn't been 10 working days since I lodge the second online form. I managed to wait until Wednesday before calling them back and telling them it was urgent. This guy actually took my details and said someone would call me back. Which they did today. And they gave me the tracking number of the spare envelope that I had sent with my application. They said they used that to send me my passport. I knew it wouldn't work, as I had been checking royal mail since lodging the request, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. So I called royal mail and they said that the envelope had never been registered so it must still be at the home office. I called the home office back not 30 minutes later to find out that once again there was nothing they could do I would just have to wait for someone to call me again.

So basically the H.O. think they've sent it, royal mail don't think they've received it and I'm 100% certain that it hasn't come to me. I blame the home office. But I'll see what happens when they call tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post - I needed to rant.

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Anna1912 wrote:Hi Nina, sure, you can add me to the August thread. Knowing other people's timeline us really helpful.

Hi Kristo! I might call HO next Monday, because it will have been 15 working days and over 21 calendar days since my biometrics. And even though some July applicants are still waiting, I prefer to be pro-active :D
It's a bank holiday on Monday Anna.. :)

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Hi Chalkycheese, maybe you can ask them to retrace your passport as I expect they should have a log book of its release or still about to be release as they're very slow in updating their computer system. As we hope they didn't loss it, you can state a claim/reimbursement for any expense that mighy incur for obtaining a replacement for the passports.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:15 pm

Chalkycheese wrote: So basically the H.O. think they've sent it, royal mail don't think they've received it and I'm 100% certain that it hasn't come to me. I blame the home office. But I'll see what happens when they call tomorrow.

No worries. I think many "victims" here would understand how frustrating it is. And especially "there is nothing they can do". I just hope that since the special delivery envelope was not sent (I tend to trust Royal mail office), your passport is still somewhere in HO. They would eventually locate it and send you back soon. Good luck!

abhishek1988
Newly Registered

Post by abhishek1988 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi,

I applied for residence card along with my wife (Polish National) in the month of March, 2015 and its been 5 months and we are still waiting for a decision.

I applied initially using EEA (EFM) form as we were only engaged at the time of application but attached notice of marriage, issued by Marriage registrar, with the application. Later, in the month of May, we submitted original of marriage certificate to be attached to the application.

I have tried to contact UK visa and Immigration many times but they keep saying Visa processing takes sometimes 6 months and they would not be able tell anything about our application before the end of 6 months i.e untill the end of September.

Following is the timeline of the application:

23rd March 2015 - Residence Card + Residence Certificate application sent using form EEA(EFM) and EEA (QP)
25th March - Application fees deducted from my account
30th March - Issued with Certificate of Application with right to work.
7th May- Submitted original Marriage Certificate to be attached to the application along with a covering letter.
RC- Still pending

Its been very frustrating waiting so long for the card. I am suppose to travel out of UK in the month of October and thinking whether I would be able to get my Residence card before that.

Please add my details to the March thread. Thanks.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:03 am

Hi All

Please add me in the March timeline:
Applied for the RC (Surinder Singh route)- 23rd March
Received COA with Right to Work - 30th March

Have not received anything so far. All the best to March-ians!!

Nefertari wrote:
Imran1984 wrote:
Nefertari wrote:Hi March Folks

Today I am so happy finally I got my RC. Thank you to all and I hope all of you will get yours soon. I updated liston below:

Updated MARCH applicants

Pending
. Imran1984 - COA 27.03
. Raf7 - COA 28.03
. Ukstorm1 - COA 29.03
. Declaud - COA - 30.03
. Pardeep9020 - COA 31.03

Received (COA - RC date)

rc 0222015 3/3/2015 - 7/7/2015
iyk13 5/3/2015 - 24/7/2015
mcss 12/3/2015 - 16/7/2015
Toraqa 20/3/2015 - 28/7/2015
Mileman 31/3/2015 - 6/8/2015
Aleksandrija 30/3/2015 - 10/8/2015
Vicky 23/03/2015 - 07/08/2015
Gdevkota 31.03.15 - 18.08.15
Ioana27 - 11.03.15 -21.08.15
Hsahyonni - 21.03.15 - 22.08.15
Nefertari - 20.03.15- 24.08.15
congratulations Nefertari. Hopefully I will be up next. when was your RC dated? I changed my home address last Sunday. Hopefully they will have the updated address and send it to my new home.

Also, did the UKVI or HO contact your EU national partner's employer? None of my wife's employers are aware of them contacting her employer.
My RC date is 13.08.15 but we received today. Nobody did not contact us. I hope u will get soon but process is going slowly because of summer holidays

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:20 am

Chaky
I have similar situation as you. I am an april applicant and i sked for my passports 4 days ago.
I havent got any confirmation e mail, absolutely nothing. Just waiting to receive my passport.
If your passport is still with HO then u need to be happy then they ll somehow find it and send to you.
I dont know whats going on with HO lately.
They have lost my biometric letter and I have lost 20 days.

It has been 1 week and no march applicants got their RC this week. I dont know what they are doing over there. sitting and chatting i guess.

All they need to do is establish online system that you sign in with your case ID and track your application but they dont do it coz its expensive to establish.

UKVI is utter dissapointment. It is old structured red tape instution who has techniques of 1980ies.
Cant explain how i am mad to wait 6 months for f**cking visa which I cant plan my holiday and my job situation but sit here and wait.

Edsteruk
Newly Registered

Post by Edsteruk » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 am

Hello again

Im an Italian National and my wife is South African.

We married on 3rd November 2012 and soon after applied for a residence permit which was granted.

in 2013 our house was burgled and both our passports where stolen.

We ra-applied for passports but before we could get a new residence permit we had a trip to South Africa planned for February this year, we went and my wife got a entry clearance EEA family permit (valid for 6 months dated 10/02/2015).

We submitted the EEA FM application for a new residence card in June, received the COA and they are processing the new Residence card but from processing times it appears to be taking the full 6 months

In the meantime we have a wedding in Las Vegas to attend in October from the 7th till the 14th, so we have requested documents back so my wife can get her American visa but the letter back form the UKBA said we ned to get another EEA family permit whilst abroad (applied last week and got them back today so less than the 10 days)

We are only in America for 7 days so wont have time for application of a family permit again? is it really necessary? can we travel back without one and produce documents at the border (we are travelling together).

My other question is that i have heard that airlines might refuse entry onto the plane if she doesn't have a permit but once again i am travelling with her, will this suffice?

I would really appreciate some help

Thanks
EEA FM - sent in June
COA - dated 29th June
RC - ?

adnan12345
United Kingdom

Post by adnan12345 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Hry nina roche! I called HO today on 0300 and spoke to them! But trust me HO is useless! I can have more info here on this forum than the person i spoke to! B4 even she started speaking to me she was hanging up the phone she didnt even asked me my details but anyways she gave me the email and asked to email the coa team if you havent got the coa and the time span for the coa after biometrics is 21 days including weekends and 15 working days so anyone not getting the coa after 21 days of enrolling biometrics shud just email the coa teamrather than wasting ur time calling them the customer service is full of s**t!! and the email address is
nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND DONT WASTE TIME CALLING THE P****S

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:42 pm

adnan12345 wrote:Hry nina roche! I called HO today on 0300 and spoke to them! But trust me HO is useless! I can have more info here on this forum than the person i spoke to! B4 even she started speaking to me she was hanging up the phone she didnt even asked me my details but anyways she gave me the email and asked to email the coa team if you havent got the coa and the time span for the coa after biometrics is 21 days including weekends and 15 working days so anyone not getting the coa after 21 days of enrolling biometrics shud just email the coa teamrather than wasting ur time calling them the customer service is full of s**t!! and the email address is
nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND DONT WASTE TIME CALLING THE P****S
She hang up on you?! I can't believe it. This is really rude. Yes I guess email is the only solution now. I really hope you will get answers soon. Let me know how quick they will respond you. My 21 days deadline should be the end of next week...

Anna1912
Newly Registered

Post by Anna1912 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:42 pm

aurora77 wrote:
It's a bank holiday on Monday Anna.. :)
Oh, wouldn't have much luck calling, would I? :lol: thanks, Aurora!

Chalkycheese
Newly Registered

Post by Chalkycheese » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Thanks everybody. It's really frustrating. My partner called them this morning and they got back to him about 2 hours later. I called them yesterday and they said they were fast tracking calling me, but I still haven't got a call. But anyway they said they can't reimburse us for the flights as we booked non-essential travel before we got our documents back, but they will try to help us with getting a new passport. Of course that means I have to go down to London (I live in Edinburgh), and my partner has to go to Greece. It's all so stupid. How could they loose it? I just don't understand.

adnan12345
United Kingdom

Post by adnan12345 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:51 pm

they just tryna get rid of the phone! i enroled my biometrics on 23/7/15 and still nothing!Ho is taking the p**s!

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:03 pm

A few months ago they used to care. At least they used to take your case ID and have a look whats going on.

When I calll next time, I will clearly say them that they are rubbish. worst helpline ever.

If they dont do anything there, why there is even a helpline.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:22 pm

From what has happened recently, frequent accidents: missing applicants' passports, mishandling many cases, delay of many COAs, hanging up phones. It is clearly, they are poorly managed. For a poorly managed organization, reason is often being people on the top don't care. So eventually nobody cares...

catj
Newly Registered

Post by catj » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Chalkycheese wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:
Chalkycheese wrote:The home office has lost our passports. I asked for them back on the 03/08 and after much pissing around by the home office I finally found out today that they thought they had sent them on the 05/08 but of course Royal mail has absolutely no record that they sent it through the tracking number they gave. The f****** D****. Seriously how can they be so incompetent.

And now they are just "going to call me back at some undetermined point in the future" to try to work it out.
Chalky
Can you explain more about this?
How they did it?
Have u asked passports back or passports has been lost on the way back to you with RC?
So I asked for my passport back 03/08. I doubt it had my rc in it as I applied in April and I don't think they're doing ours yet. When my passport hadn't arrived after the 10 working days I filled in the online form to query where it was. Then on Monday 24th I called them. They said there was nothing they could do because it hadn't been 10 working days since I lodge the second online form. I managed to wait until Wednesday before calling them back and telling them it was urgent. This guy actually took my details and said someone would call me back. Which they did today. And they gave me the tracking number of the spare envelope that I had sent with my application. They said they used that to send me my passport. I knew it wouldn't work, as I had been checking royal mail since lodging the request, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. So I called royal mail and they said that the envelope had never been registered so it must still be at the home office. I called the home office back not 30 minutes later to find out that once again there was nothing they could do I would just have to wait for someone to call me again.

So basically the H.O. think they've sent it, royal mail don't think they've received it and I'm 100% certain that it hasn't come to me. I blame the home office. But I'll see what happens when they call tomorrow.

I feel sorry for your situation. I hope everything goes well.. Home Office should really improve on their service by letting people check the process via their website or something... Because we are submitting original documents including our only identification (i.e. passport)... I wish you all the best, and cheer up!

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Nina Roche wrote:From what has happened recently, frequent accidents: missing applicants' passports, mishandling many cases, delay of many COAs, hanging up phones. It is clearly, they are poorly managed. For a poorly managed organization, reason is often being people on the top don't care. So eventually nobody cares...
Thats good point. They dont care because we r not brit citizen and they enjoy to put obstacles into your way eventhough eu law clearly indicates the process.
I pay £320 income tax every month, they get paid from my contrubition but when it comes to service they have reason called ''immigrationis out of control''.
If you dont want immigrants, if dont wanna serve them and force to leave country then do not deduct tax from their income..

Sadly there is no autority to complain their aproach to us!

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:40 pm

www.theyworkforyou.com

This link can help. You can write a complain to your local MP or european parlementer regarding your RC issues

aurora77

Post by aurora77 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:44 pm

let our voices be heard people. :) Happy long weekend!

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:50 pm

I have been reading for the past week and it's all about complains! Jeffrey.LAMB@ec.europa.eu This is a personal contact I have got to the Representation of the European Commission in the UK. They oversee all EEA applications in UK
I suggest you all send your complains to that email, you paid for this service and shouldn't be treated this way. The more complains the get the quicker they act and provide you better services. Let your voices be heard!!
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:58 pm

k7bs wrote:I have been reading for the past week and it's all about complains! Jeffrey.LAMB@ec.europa.eu This is a personal contact I have got to the Representation of the European Commission in the UK. They oversee all EEA applications in UK
I suggest you all send your complains to that email, you paid for this service and shouldn't be treated this way. The more complains the get the quicker they act and provide you better services. Let your voices be heard!!
K7bs, really?! Do you have a little bit background about this email or person we can send to?
I almost lost faith anyone who has power would care.

pardeep9020
Newly Registered

Post by pardeep9020 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Hello Guys!

I got a letter from HO today stating that you have to come to Liverpool for interview! They wrote in the letter that they had sent the letter earlier also and we didn't respond! It is not true, I didn't get any such letter from HO! How can HO be so irresponsible and just blame people? :shock:

I had applied for RC on the basis of marriage to EEA national and I would like to know if anyone has undergone such interview? What kind of questions they are going to ask?

Thank you

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Indeed, let's have a happy weekend. :lol:
Too much frustrating things happen here. Lets cheer ourselves up!