ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Wrongfully refused please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hawin00
Newly Registered

Spouse visa Wrongfully refused please help

Post by hawin00 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:32 am

Hi
we applied for spouse visa 26/03/14 and was refused 07/05/14 on the basis the ECO isn't satisfied my husband passed a approved English exam.
He sat the Cambridge KET A1 test on 22/02/14 and scored 79/100 so passed at A2 level.
on the application form q86... we gave husbands log in details to verify the result and also included a screenshot to show he passed it does state on there guidance all tests taken after 06/04/14 there are no documents required and results must be verified using name dob and passport number, OF COURSE THEY HAD THOSE DETAILS.
we satisfied all other requirements.
surely under immigration rule FM SE we should have been contacted if they wanted more clarity?
Appeals can take months and months and I have a 5 month old baby. Has anyone else been overturned by MP intervention or by raising formal complaint?
my MP supported the application and we submitted her letter with the application, I have been in touch since refusal and she has asked for explanation as to why they refused etc. She advises can take 20 working days for answer and even then im unsure what they would do? iv raised formal complaint to Croydon and sent recorded delivery to ECM Istanbul 10 days ago and also appealed 3 days ago.
anyone have any advice any timescales? as u can imagine im losing my mind and cant believe we was refused on this reason giving that he passed with merit on a exam they suggest.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa Wrongfully refused please help

Post by Amber » Thu May 22, 2014 11:04 am

You should appeal within 28 days. KET Scores must be verified using the Cambridge English online system using name, date of birth and passport number. Therefore, check that your spouse's score is registered on the online system.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hawin00
Newly Registered

Post by hawin00 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:52 am

The scores are on there it gives statement of results with the log in details we provided on app form, I have put in appeal but do you know how long these usually take? When it's evident it's not a mistake or refusal due to the applicant? Is my best bet the MP? Any advice much appreciated
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 22, 2014 11:53 am

I'm afraid they take a while, but the ECM can reconsider the case once you've lodged your appeal.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hawin00
Newly Registered

Post by hawin00 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:55 am

Thanks I am hoping very much my formal complaint and Mps letter to them may prompt a ECM to review but not holding my breathe x

hawin00
Newly Registered

Post by hawin00 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:25 am

Our visa was overturned yesterday 2 weeks to the day after being initially wrongfully refused and 13 days after I complained
Common sense won the day

Aneesa122
Newly Registered

Post by Aneesa122 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:13 pm

@hanwin my sister in laws visa was refused on the same reasons. Can you kindly advise whats the best way to go forward with this?

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Any update Hanwin as your support would be really gratefully appreciated
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15