ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! EEA EXTENDED FAMILY RC APPLICATION... DNA REQUESTED.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lexzyorlex
Newly Registered

HELP! EEA EXTENDED FAMILY RC APPLICATION... DNA REQUESTED.

Post by Lexzyorlex » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:39 am

Hi everyone, i'm new here but i have been following this forum for a while now and i find good informations here. Well, as per my case, i applied for a Residence Card as an Extended Family of a EU National (My Aunt) undergoing free movement rights in the UK. Application was submitted in early May, received a letter of acknowledgement and Biometric request in June, done that and received a in August letter asking for father's birth certificate, DNA test of my aunt and my mother, and some other questions. My main question is, can i still be granted the Residence Permit if i'm not able to meet up with the DNA test coz my mum is been sick for some years now and the doctor said she can't undergo the DNA Test.... Please help as i need answers as to what to expect from the caseworker/H.O :( :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: HELP! EEA EXTENDED FAMILY RC APPLICATION... DNA REQUESTE

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Lexzyorlex wrote:Hi everyone, i'm new here but i have been following this forum for a while now and i find good informations here. Well, as per my case, i applied for a Residence Card as an Extended Family of a EU National (My Aunt) undergoing free movement rights in the UK. Application was submitted in early May, received a letter of acknowledgement and Biometric request in June, done that and received a in August letter asking for father's birth certificate, DNA test of my aunt and my mother, and some other questions. My main question is, can i still be granted the Residence Permit if i'm not able to meet up with the DNA test coz my mum is been sick for some years now and the doctor said she can't undergo the DNA Test.... Please help as i need answers as to what to expect from the caseworker/H.O :( :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks

What do you mean she can't undergo a DNA test ? You can get a DNA test done with a cheek swab . For eg , This is a quote from a website : "The Family Tree DNA test kit consists of two cotton 'toothed' swab kits---designed for a single persons use. Each tube contains a fluid designed to arrest bacteria growth, so you can scrape your cheek and return your kit in any type of weather (hot or cold). The freshness of your sample will remain intact for months. Remember, a good scrape produces lots of DNA."

So how can she be so unwell that you cant do a cheek swab for her ?

The home office seems to have concerns of your aunt actually being your aunt and whether you're actually related . So failure to give them the proof that they specifically asked for could result in rejection.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

Lexzyorlex
Newly Registered

Post by Lexzyorlex » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks for the answer, well my mother is old lives in a village in my country, and she can't go to a place where the DNA Test would be done. I don't know what to do now as i am so confused.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:48 pm

https://www.familytreedna.com/dna-test-kit.aspx

If your mum can do a cheek swab (or your dad can do it for your mum ) and mail it to you , You can get it tested here . Kits like these are fit for mailing in all weather conditions and is available even on amazon or ebay.

If you have nothing to hide and you're not abusing the system , You have nothing to be scared of . So get it done and I'm sure you would get your RC.

Otherwise I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Is your ant already in UK?
What nationality you have ?

What docs you submitted ?

Thx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Are you dependant on your aunt?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Lexzyorlex
Newly Registered

Post by Lexzyorlex » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:25 am

chriskv1 wrote:https://www.familytreedna.com/dna-test-kit.aspx

If your mum can do a cheek swab (or your dad can do it for your mum ) and mail it to you , You can get it tested here . Kits like these are fit for mailing in all weather conditions and is available even on amazon or ebay.

If you have nothing to hide and you're not abusing the system , You have nothing to be scared of . So get it done and I'm sure you would get your RC.

Yea, i think that is what i'll have to do as i have received some advice. Does she has to go to a specific place in my country to get it done or my Dad can help her do the cheek swab and he helps me send it here by courier? What do you think? Thanks :)

Lexzyorlex
Newly Registered

Post by Lexzyorlex » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:32 am

Babajee85 wrote:Is your ant already in UK?
What nationality you have ?

What docs you submitted ?

Thx
Yes, my Aunt is in the UK and i'm also in the United Kingdom.

I'm a Ghanian

I submit my aunt's Birth Certificate, my mum's Birth Certificate and my Birth Certificate (To proof our relationship). I submitted our passport (me and my aunt's), i submitted proof i lived in her house when i was back home, proof that she's been sponsoring me from then, (receipts of my school fees), submitted her own payslips and some other docs.

Lexzyorlex
Newly Registered

Post by Lexzyorlex » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:33 am

Wanderer wrote:Are you dependant on your aunt?
Yes, i am. From back home

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:52 pm

chriskv1 wrote:https://www.familytreedna.com/dna-test-kit.aspx

I dont think HO accepts home DNA kit for immgration purposes. The home kits are normally called 'peace of mind kits'. You need to go to an a place approved by HO here in the UK and they can go and take the swap and take photos of your family members doing the DNA. Try Anglia DNA. They can do it from Ghana and you can have the results here in the UK.

Hope it helps

Pursuitofhappiness
Newly Registered

Post by Pursuitofhappiness » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi guys my mum has a hearing date for her dependence on my era spouse .does anyone know what sort of questions she should expect?

Thank you