ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric letter dates missed due to holidays

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zwadi

Biometric letter dates missed due to holidays

Post by zwadi » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:22 am

Hello Experts,

I applied for BC but had to travel outside of the UK after 10 days of applying due to some personal reasons.

I did send email to nationality enquires informing them about holiday dates but never got any reply back :(. I returned to the UK yesterday and found biometric letter and it said I need to enrol for BRP within 15 days of that letter. I clearly missed 15 working days time frame but my questions to you is , can I still use the same letter to enrol for BRP? or Shall I call home office and tell them to issue new BRP letter?

I hope they got the record of my email that I sent them about my holidays and hope they don't reject my application but I am looking for the best way to handle it and your help and guide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Za
zwadi

noajthan

Re: Biometric letter dates missed due to holidays

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:18 pm

zwadi wrote:Hello Experts,

I applied for BC but had to travel outside of the UK after 10 days of applying due to some personal reasons.

I did send email to nationality enquires informing them about holiday dates but never got any reply back :(. I returned to the UK yesterday and found biometric letter and it said I need to enrol for BRP within 15 days of that letter. I clearly missed 15 working days time frame but my questions to you is , can I still use the same letter to enrol for BRP? or Shall I call home office and tell them to issue new BRP letter?

I hope they got the record of my email that I sent them about my holidays and hope they don't reject my application but I am looking for the best way to handle it and your help and guide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Za
You will get a second 'warning' letter from HO with a further/final 10 day time period in which to enrol your biometrics.
if you miss that one it's game over.

In the circumstances no harm in calling them too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:26 pm

noajthan wrote:
zwadi wrote:Hello Experts,

Thanks

Za
You will get a second 'warning' letter from HO with a further/final 10 day time period in which to enrol your biometrics.
if you miss that one it's game over.

In the circumstances no harm in calling them too.
Thanks for your kind response.
zwadi

muzakhaa

Post by muzakhaa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi Zwadi,
I was in the same boat. I went on holidays after applying for Naturalisation. I recieved letter dated 03.08.2015 and was advised to submit the Biometrics in 15 working days from this date based on this 21.08.2015 should be the deadline date. I submitted my Biometerics on 20th of August 2015. I personally think the best options is to call the Naturalisation help line and ask for advise. However, if your are keen you can also try to take these letters with you and check with the Post Office ( do mention your situation and the date on the letter). As the letters have barcode on them which is scanned on the till and when you submit your biometrics it sends the data online.
Post office staff will scan your letter first, before they record your biometric and i hope at that stage they should be able to advise if it is still valid or not. I remember paying for the Biometrics once they were able to complete my biometerics procedure and the lady on the till ask me to scan my right hand fingers atleast three times, but she confirms that they were accepted in third attempt and the data has been send ( nothing recorded on their machine locally). Finally I made the payment and I was handed the payment reciept along with the barcode letter from home office ( a barcode sticker was attached by her as well).
Home office will send you the second letter though.

How many days you have over run from the deadline date??