ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukswus

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by ukswus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:35 pm

zac20155556 wrote:I am unsure how this is possible i Have a younger brother who is known to the law but i am clean as a whistle never been in trouble with police in my life

No, I mean how is it possible that you applied in April, but got acknowledgement on 30 March?

zac20155556
Newly Registered

Post by zac20155556 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:38 pm

soz my mistake i applied in march n was acknowledged in april my mistake

zac20155556
Newly Registered

Post by zac20155556 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:40 pm

I applied for british citizenship in march and was acknowledged in april (Using a Form T)

I recieved a letter from the home office today declaring that when they carried out routine checks they found someone with the same details as me was convicted of a criminal offence , and that I would need to go to the station to do a finger print screening if it was not me ...... which obviously it is not me I have no offences at all and have never stood in court for anything or done any sort of crime

.... the letter reads It has come to light during routine enquiuries that a person with the same details as yourself was convicted on 09th march 2012 at Harrow Crown Court , if this conviction relates to you yopu should state why it was not enclosed in your application and if it does not you should contact metropolitian police to arrange an appointment

If it was not you who has committed a crim you don,t need worry at all and you must go with out a fear. I am sure they will be able solve it in no time and you will get your citizen ship in a weeks time, since no body can steal your finger prints.
it has given details of what to do and who to contact but the details are wrong , please if anybody else has experinced this shed some light on what I may neeed to do as if I do not get it done before september 10 they will refuse my application I have waited exactly 5months and when my letter came imagine my amazement when they said this it has really frustrated me and has made me extrmely sad and added on even more stress to this stressful situation just as i thought the end was near , I am faced with another obstacle , If anybody can help give guidance or shed light or even if someone has similiar situation please respond as soon as possible im going out of my mind with worrry .. thank you in advance any help will be apprieciated

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:47 pm

You just need to go and give your fingerprints at the station. There is nothing to worry about as you did not commit any offences.

It's possible this was the result of identity theft (ie someone assuming your name), but that's why they are asking for you to provide your fingerprints to check if this was the case.

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:38 pm

zac20155556 wrote:I applied for british citizenship in march and was acknowledged in april (Using a Form T)

I recieved a letter from the home office today declaring that when they carried out routine checks they found someone with the same details as me was convicted of a criminal offence , and that I would need to go to the station to do a finger print screening if it was not me ...... which obviously it is not me I have no offences at all and have never stood in court for anything or done any sort of crime

.... the letter reads It has come to light during routine enquiuries that a person with the same details as yourself was convicted on 09th march 2012 at Harrow Crown Court , if this conviction relates to you yopu should state why it was not enclosed in your application and if it does not you should contact metropolitian police to arrange an appointment

If it was not you who has committed a crim you don,t need worry at all and you must go with out a fear. I am sure they will be able solve it in no time and you will get your citizen ship in a weeks time, since no body can steal your finger prints.
it has given details of what to do and who to contact but the details are wrong , please if anybody else has experinced this shed some light on what I may neeed to do as if I do not get it done before september 10 they will refuse my application I have waited exactly 5months and when my letter came imagine my amazement when they said this it has really frustrated me and has made me extrmely sad and added on even more stress to this stressful situation just as i thought the end was near , I am faced with another obstacle , If anybody can help give guidance or shed light or even if someone has similiar situation please respond as soon as possible im going out of my mind with worrry .. thank you in advance any help will be apprieciated
No need to panic. Once the finger print is done they will see that you are clear. If the information on the Home Office letter is not correct just write a letter explaining to resend you the inforamtion. Send the letter by next day guaranteed delivery and keep the receipts save. Secondly phone Home office asap and explain everything.

ladywolf
Newly Registered

Post by ladywolf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:22 pm

I understand this is worrying and stressful but as everybody else said just do what they want, send off the finger prints and the truth will come to light. Don't worry about it.

jackflash

Post by jackflash » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:39 am

jackflash wrote:
members wrote:
Abuzaid wrote:Applied: 27/03/15
Acknowledgement: 15/04/15
Approval: waiting :(

It's five months now....anyone else with the similar timeline and still waiting!!!
waiting since 03 March 2015.... 6 months in 7 days... no news whatsoever. HO doesn't reply emails, calling them is waste of time!

Applied: 27/03/2015
Acknowledgement: 15/04/2015
Approval: Still Waiting :(

Yeah really stressful wait....

Loads of approvals in April now and still nothing for some of us March applicants....I wonder how this works, really worrying!

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Again March is on pause :(

cary
Newly Registered

Post by cary » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:34 pm

cary wrote:
cary wrote:Eligibility criteria: 6 years+4ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): ESOL Level2
Current nationality: Cuban
Method of application: NCS Liverpool
Council name if NCS used:Liverpool
Date of application:10/03/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 20/03/15
Date of acknowledgment:27/03/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees:20/03/15
Date approval received:waiting
Date of ceremony :waiting
Hi everyone I applied on March and I did not get nothing yet :cry: :cry:
I am getting worried now.

I got my approval today. I am over the moon!!!! :D date of HO letter 20/8/15.

Good luck to all the people waiting!!!!

cary
Newly Registered

Post by cary » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:46 pm

cary wrote:
cary wrote:
cary wrote:Eligibility criteria: 6 years+4ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): ESOL Level2
Current nationality: Cuban
Method of application: NCS Liverpool
Council name if NCS used:Liverpool
Date of application:10/03/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 20/03/15
Date of acknowledgment:27/03/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees:20/03/15
Date approval received:20/08/15
Date of ceremony: 27/09/15
Hi everyone I applied on March and I did not get nothing yet :cry: :cry:
I am getting worried now.

I got my approval today. I am over the moon!!!! :D date of HO letter 20/8/15.

Good luck to all the people waiting!!!!

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:08 pm

It's five months now....anyone else with the similar timeline and still waiting!!!
Applied on 24th March, approval received 25th August dated 10th August.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:11 pm

zac20155556 wrote:I applied for british citizenship in april and was acknowledged on the 30th of march (Using a Form T)

Its ok and not a big deal, same thing happened with one of my friend years ago for student visa. He went to police station and ask went normal. So will be the same with you.

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 am

theprideofpak wrote:

Applied on 24th March, approval received 25th August dated 10th August.
Congrats mate, I'm hoping the same very soon in sha Allah...can you please tell what was your application route eg Tier 1, spouse of a Brit citizen etc ...thanks

members

Post by members » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:10 pm

It's six months today since my wife applied for her naturalization. We haven't heard anything from HO as of now. MP is already involved, and we have raised formal complaint by email as well. However, no response received from HO yet.

At what point HO send letters to applicant informing that there application will take longer than six months? I have seen many people receiving a letter with the generic wording that their application could not be decided within six months and it would take a further 3/6 months to process.

My wife didn't receive this letter either! We are very concerned!

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:39 pm

members wrote:It's six months today since my wife applied for her naturalization. We haven't heard anything from HO as of now. MP is already involved, and we have raised formal complaint by email as well. However, no response received from HO yet.

At what point HO send letters to applicant informing that there application will take longer than six months? I have seen many people receiving a letter with the generic wording that their application could not be decided within six months and it would take a further 3/6 months to process.

How did you contact HO, just via email or have you called the too and if so what number did you call....

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:16 pm

I called this number 0300 123 2253
Then they ask your ref Number, DOB and phone
Number.
Some time they told you that somebody would
Be calling you back within 48hrs.

and email: Try emailing them FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Abuzaid wrote:
members wrote:It's six months today since my wife applied for her naturalization. We haven't heard anything from HO as of now. MP is already involved, and we have raised formal complaint by email as well. However, no response received from HO yet.

How did you contact HO, just via email or have you called the too and if so what number did you call....

1chwdry
Newly Registered

Post by 1chwdry » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:37 am

Hey Guys,

Looks like no approvals have been sent out since the 10th of August for the March Applicants for this forum.

Still anxiously waiting for mine, haven't got a clue what's going on!

Timeline below:
Applied: 20 March 2015
Acknowledge by HO: 9 April (received: 15 April)

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:25 am

Its a shame that HO taking loads of fees and then not adhering to their guidlines of time frame. Too much wait !!!

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:28 am

those still waiting, can you please confirm whether you are individual applicants or applied as a family or with partners?

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:32 am

1chwdry wrote:Hey Guys,

Looks like no approvals have been sent out since the 10th of August for the March Applicants for this forum.

Still anxiously waiting for mine, haven't got a clue what's going on!

Timeline below:
Applied: 20 March 2015
Acknowledge by HO: 9 April (received: 15 April)

Good luck to everyone waiting.
Same here bro, March 27th victim still waiting... I think we are the last few March applicants still waiting for our approvals, it is for sure very frustrating. Pls update once you get your approval....thanks

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:34 am

vignezh wrote:those still waiting, can you please confirm whether you are individual applicants or applied as a family or with partners?
I'm an individual....

izmile

Post by izmile » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:49 am

I applied 30 March as a family (2 Adults + 1 Kid). I am self employed. Still waiting for communication from HO.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:07 am

izmile wrote:I applied 30 March as a family (2 Adults + 1 Kid). I am self employed. Still waiting for communication from HO.
We are already seeing a pattern in April approvals. My theory is HO like to clear as many applicants as possible before the 6 month deadline. obviously sorting out single applicants easier than dealing with family cases. Hopefully we will get our approvals soon as we paid no less money per person compared to single applicants.

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:14 am

I am an individual applicant :(

Ahmed04
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed04 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:25 pm

I am silent reader of this forum…
My time line is:
Eligibility Criteria: 10 Yrs + ILR
Language Criteria: Life in the UK & UK Post Graduate Degree
Date of Application: 31st March 2015( by Post including return special delivery)
Date of Fee Clearance: 21st April 2015
Acknowledge by HO: 25th April 2015
Date of Approval: Waiting :(
Date of Ceremony: Waiting :(