ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK - Visit visa or Dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iramkk

Child born in UK - Visit visa or Dependent visa

Post by iramkk » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi,

My child is born in June 2015 in UK. ILR for myself and my wife is due this November. We are planning to apply for MN1 and then British passport for the child after we get the ILR.

Looking at the current processing timelines, it takes around 4 months to get MN1 registration approval. Since we are planning to go to India for my brother's wedding this December, I have just a couple of options.

Could any of you suggest the best option?

1. Take Indian passport for child. Apply for MN1 after my ILR. Go to India on Indian passport. Apply for visit visa to UK in India. After coming back to UK in January, and after receiving MN1 approval, apply for British Passport.

2. 1. Take Indian passport for child. Apply for MN1 after my ILR. Go to India on indian passport. Apply for UK dependent visa in India or before traveling to India. After coming back to UK in January, and after receiving MN1 approval, apply for British Passport.

Does anyone know if I can apply for UK visit visa for child in India and then apply for MN1 after I am back?

Or is there any other option that might be suitable for me?

Please advise.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in UK - Visit visa or Dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:31 pm

You could apply for a dependent visa based on your current visa before you travel and apply for MN1 once you are back in the UK.

Please bear in mind that for citizenship applications, the child will have to enroll biometrics and if you are not in the UK and miss the letters and don't submit biometrics, your application will be returned and you will lose the fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 pm

CR001 wrote:You could apply for a dependent visa based on your current visa before you travel and apply for MN1 once you are back in the UK.

Please bear in mind that for citizenship applications, the child will have to enroll biometrics and if you are not in the UK and miss the letters and don't submit biometrics, your application will be returned and you will lose the fee.
A person will not lose fee for an invalid application.

By not enrolling biometric data the application simply becomes an attempted application and the persons fee is returned.

I agree on the other advise.

The child may be able to do biometrics from overseas.

Visitors visa will clearly out of the question as it will be clear that the child will not be returning to her home country.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Thank you for the advice.

I will apply for the MN1 after returning from India.

Meanwhile, is it better to apply for PBS dependent visa based on my current Tier 1 visa from UK (applying in India is £944 per person compared to £2,136 per person while applying in UK) or apply for dependent visa (family of a settled person’ visa) after I get my my ILR due in November from India?

I am asking this because the fee for ‘family of a settled person’ visa is £1,049 (when applied in person) in UK and same in India as well.

On top of this I have to pay the NHS surcharge of £700.

Any suggestions?

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Anyone? Thanks