ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused tourist visa affects Tier 2?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ValentinaL
Newly Registered

Refused tourist visa affects Tier 2?

Post by ValentinaL » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:15 am

Hello All,

I really need an advice and couldn't find information online. My tourist visa got refused on 15 of July 2015 (i was waiting for my CoS for too long and decided to apply for tourist visa to check the place of my future sponsor employer and may be rent a house meanwhile), a visa got refused because immigration officer concluded that i had submitted falls documents in my application. The decision is not appealable even though i can prove that i didn't submit anything false documents.
On 11 if August i have finally received my CoS and it was assign to me by my employer, now i have t apply for work permit but i am worried if situation with my tourist visa will affect the procedure for Tier 2? Please can someone share if had the same problem. I am too worried that my Tier 2 visa will be rejected. :?: :?: :?:
Thank you!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Refused tourist visa affects Tier 2?

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:48 am

tier 2 is a point based visa.. as long as u score all the points, it should be fine.
do not forget to declare that you have been refused entry in the visa application.

ValentinaL
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Refused because of previous tourist visa refusal

Post by ValentinaL » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Please help me!!!I am applying from Russia,

If i request administrative review, do i need new CoS and pay new application fee? I got my Tier 2 refused, but only based on my previous tourist visa refusal.

I am not clearly understanding the statement in refusal letter, does it mean if i provide all the evidence for administrative review which cause doubts and lead to Tier2 visa refusal they can find something else to refused it again? What it the point for administrative review then?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Refused because of previous tourist visa refusal

Post by physicskate » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:49 pm

ValentinaL wrote:Please help me!!!I am applying from Russia,

If i request administrative review, do i need new CoS and pay new application fee? I got my Tier 2 refused, but only based on my previous tourist visa refusal.

I am not clearly understanding the statement in refusal letter, does it mean if i provide all the evidence for administrative review which cause doubts and lead to Tier2 visa refusal they can find something else to refused it again? What it the point for administrative review then?
Can you omit personal details but give the wording of the letter. It may be that they think you used deception in the previous application and you are subject to a ban of some sort??

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:10 pm

Also, can you share your visit visa refusal letter? Was it actually refused due to a false document or was it a mistake by ECO? Why is UKVI thinks that it is false? Did they say anything why they think so?
Shah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:46 pm

See previous post/thread re visit visa refusal

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1229772
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Under which immigration rule(s) was the visitor visa application refused?
Were you accused of deception?

Under which immigration rule(s) has the Tier 2 application been refused?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ValentinaL
Newly Registered

Post by ValentinaL » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:58 am

My Tourist visa was refused in July 2015, on 11 of august i received CoS and applied for Tier 2 which was refused as well. I want to ask for administrative review. I do not understand how will administrative review change situation if here what is included in my refusal notice "Points awarded on any previous application may not be awarded at the review. Where we identify further ground for refusal then the decision to refuse your application will stand, even when the original basis for refusal may have been overturned."

ECO Comment:
You have submitted a labour Book (work record book in Russia) from Company X, where you state that you have worked since May 2014. However, at the time of our previous application in July 2015, you provided only a Labour book from Company Y. When we called, at that time, to ask you why your employment with Company X was not recorded in your workbook, you stated that you were employed by them only in an unofficial capacity. (When immigration officer called, she asked how did I have time to work in two companies this is when I sad that at I was employed by Company X but wasn’t physically present there all the time and had time for company Y). The fact that you have now produced a Labour book which pre-dates your previous application and contradicts statements that you made to us at that time leads me to doubt, on balance, that you Company X Labour Book has been genuinely or properly issued to you on the date recorded in the book. (It was issued on the days it has, it is not a fake document).

I am therefore satisfied that you have provided a non-genuine document in support of your application. I therefore refuse you application under paragraph 320 7 (a) of the immigration rules.

As you application has been refused under the General Grounds for Refusal. It also falls to be refused under paragraph 245HB (a) of the immigration rules.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

Why did you have to provide work record in Russia to apply for Tier 2 entry clearance? Are you applying under the ICT category?
It was equally stupid, if I may says so, to provide records of X in one application and then records of Y in another application just a month later!!

Success of your administrative review depends on how well you can explain what you said during the phone call from UKV&I, and how well you can explain that there has been no intention to not disclose material facts or provide false information or documentation.

Refusal under 320(7A) is serious!

ValentinaL
Newly Registered

Post by ValentinaL » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Why did you have to provide work record in Russia to apply for Tier 2 entry clearance? Are you applying under the ICT category?
It was equally stupid, if I may says so, to provide records of X in one application and then records of Y in another application just a month later!!

Success of your administrative review depends on how well you can explain what you said during the phone call from UKV&I, and how well you can explain that there has been no intention to not disclose material facts or provide false information or documentation.

Refusal under 320(7A) is serious!
I applied for UK tourist visa in October 2014 and went to uk, i was working at Company X at that time full time, but i did not include that i also worked at Company Y distantly. I finished working for Company X soon after i came back from UK in December 2014. When i applied for tourist visa in July 2015 i obviously did not put any details about company X because i didn't work there for a while, but as i was still employed by Y i stated that in my application, which was refused.

In the end of august i applied for work Tier 2 for the company in UK waiting for me to come work for them and despite the fact that my Tier 2 visa application was successful, i received Refusal of entry clearance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Provide that explanation in the administrative review. The more you explain that the ECO got it all wrong and that you have been completely honest and the onus of any misconception lies with the ECO, the higher will be your chances of successful review.
ValentinaL wrote:the fact that my Tier 2 visa application was successful, i received Refusal of entry clearance.
visa and entry clearance are the same thing!!

ValentinaL
Newly Registered

Post by ValentinaL » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:21 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Provide that explanation in the administrative review. The more you explain that the ECO got it all wrong and that you have been completely honest and the onus of any misconception lies with the ECO, the higher will be your chances of successful review.
ValentinaL wrote:the fact that my Tier 2 visa application was successful, i received Refusal of entry clearance.
visa and entry clearance are the same thing!!
What i mean is that i had enough points for Tier 2 and it was refused for other reasons