ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born Child's visa expires soon. Need to travel abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akanksha.2029
Newly Registered

UK born Child's visa expires soon. Need to travel abroad

Post by akanksha.2029 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Our scenario: Child was born in UK before our ILR so we applied for his Indian citizenship and Indian passport because we wanted to travel. Child was granted visa as a dependent before our ILR but visa expires on Oct 29th. We will be eligible for citizenship in Dec 2015. We need to travel to India in November and this cannot be postponed due to family event.

Our Question1 : Main applicant doesnt have Work visa and has ILR so how will the child come back to UK as his visa cannot be extended under same category? What are our options? Shall we apply for his british citizenship under fast track service and and apply for Indian Visa? I have read FAQs which say

"Q1: Can my son apply for naturalisation?
The term used for children applications as BC is Registration and not Naturalisation. The requirements for children are a lot simpler than for adults.
UK born
If the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status.
The only documents required are UK birth certificate and evidence that parent obtained ILR/PR. The application can be made if the child is in the UK or abroad.​"​

​Our Question2​: If we cannot apply for british passport of child yet, or if we decide to apply for his British passport from abroad..will airport authorities create problem when we take him outside UK after his visa expires?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Re: UK born Child's visa expires soon. Need to travel abroad

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:19 pm

You would need to register your child as British using MN1 form before applying for passport and this could take months (god knows with current scenario nowdays!!!!).

Best thing to do is to apply for ILR dependent visa for him. Or if you wish you can apply for MN1 registration and pray that you get citizenship certificate 4 weeks before you travel (as you need around 2-3 weeks for passport and 1 week for India visa).

akanksha.2029
Newly Registered

Post by akanksha.2029 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:41 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:
Best thing to do is to apply for ILR dependent visa for him.
Aah that would be very expensive and its required just for 3/4 months may be..its going to be wasted as we will be eligible for citizenship in December.

Is there any other option like a travel card or something?

Can child come back to UK on 'joining parents who are settled in Uk ' visa category?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Apply for an extension of the childs current visa or apply for ILR for the child on Set(F). That would be the easiest option(s) and can be done before you travel.

You can apply in person for same day decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:53 pm

akanksha.2029 wrote:
gaurav76.5 wrote:
Best thing to do is to apply for ILR dependent visa for him.
Aah that would be very expensive and its required just for 3/4 months may be..its going to be wasted as we will be eligible for citizenship in December.

Is there any other option like a travel card or something?

Can child come back to UK on 'joining parents who are settled in Uk ' visa category?
Unfortunately there is no other way other than dependent visa or else you can apply for British Citizenship and hope that he/she gets it by 4 weeks before you travel.

akanksha.2029
Newly Registered

Post by akanksha.2029 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:05 pm

CR001 wrote:Apply for an extension of the childs current visa or apply for ILR for the child on Set(F). That would be the easiest option(s) and can be done before you travel.

You can apply in person for same day decision.
Is it possible if we bring our son on family visit visa to UK? We are trying to avoid the ILR and in the process saving £1900 (£1500 fees + £400 premium appointment charges).

And once he is on family visit visa, we can start his process of getting the MN1. This is our understanding, please do correct us in case you think this is not possible.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:10 pm

For a visit visa, you need to prove that the applicant has ties to home country and will return after 'visiting'. How will you prove that?

From your first post, to clarify for you, there is no 'fast track citizenship' application type. It is a standard procedure on form MN1.

If I may ask, why did you not apply to register your child sooner?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:32 pm

One parent travel to represent family at event; other stay in UK with child.
Alternately leave child temporarily with trusted relatives.

Meanwhile apply to register child & get paperwork in order, ready for 'next time'.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

akanksha.2029
Newly Registered

Post by akanksha.2029 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:35 pm

CR001 wrote:For a visit visa, you need to prove that the applicant has ties to home country and will return after 'visiting'. How will you prove that?

From your first post, to clarify for you, there is no 'fast track citizenship' application type. It is a standard procedure on form MN1.

yes, you are right. we may not be able to prove that. i think my mind just stopped working :x

There have been so many things that took priority earlier this year like poor health of our child and then mortgage application, house move etc. This travel plan in Nov was not on the chart and is kind of urgent due to my sister's wedding which got finalized just last week. We recently moved to new house so kind of financial crunch situation.
Anyways this leaves us with no option than ILR Dependent application, i think :cry:

akanksha.2029
Newly Registered

Post by akanksha.2029 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:48 pm

CR001 wrote:For a visit visa, you need to prove that the applicant has ties to home country and will return after 'visiting'. How will you prove that?

What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

akanksha.2029
Newly Registered

Post by akanksha.2029 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 pm

noajthan wrote:One parent travel to represent family at event; other stay in UK with child.

Meanwhile apply to register child & get paperwork in order, ready for 'next time'.
Tricky situation..its my sister's wedding so presence of both me and my husband is required. Our son is just 19 months old and has never stayed with anyone except us even for an hour. :(

i appreciate your reply.

Manoj_35561
Newly Registered
India

Post by Manoj_35561 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 pm

akanksha.2029 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 pm
noajthan wrote:One parent travel to represent family at event; other stay in UK with child.

Tricky situation..its my sister's wedding so presence of both me and my husband is required. Our son is just 19 months old and has never stayed with anyone except us even for an hour. :(

i appreciate your reply.
Hello akanksha.2029,

Could you please share how did you go through. Im exactly in the same situation you were in 2015.
Only difference is i have already applied MN1-route and it is 8 weeks now.
My little one and Mrs already travelled to India with his visa expired.

I would appreciate greatly if you can shower light in this regard.

Thanks
Manoj