ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married in Uk to Kiwi, can i move to Australia to live?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Donna.tennant
Newly Registered

Married in Uk to Kiwi, can i move to Australia to live?

Post by Donna.tennant » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Hello,

Hoping someone can help.

I am going to be getting married to a New Zealand national who is currently here in the uk on a work visa. We plan to move to Australia in a few years and i am wondering if anyone knows if i will be able to do this without restrictions as his spouse? I am a British citizen.

Any help would be fabulous!

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi,

There is a visa for family members of New Zealand citizens who hold, or will hold on entrance to Australia, a special category visa. I've not applied for this visa myself as of yet, so I cannot tell you the exact process to follow. It is issued for 5 years and allows the holder to work and live in Australia. I'm pretty certain it's renewable too. I think the following will help you - http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/461/index.htm.

This visa was introduced after the changes to the trans tasman travel arrangement, whereas, previously, your New Zealand spouse would be able to sponsor you for permanent residency.