ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cherokee2015
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by cherokee2015 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:39 am

Hey fellow passengers,

I am in the same boat. My wife had applied her visa on the Settlement - Wife Category on 16th July 2015 at Cochin VFS and We are still waiting.

Dates are:

16th July 2015 - Applied at Cochin VFS
20th July 2015 - Received an SMS stating its been submitted to Chennai
a long period of waiting

After calling twice and loosing nearly £30 I dropped an email on 28th August 2015 just to hear back from them
29th August 2015 - Yet to be assessed by an ECO

Our travel dates are 22nd September 2015 and we are still havent heard anything back. The timelines posted on the VFS website doesnt make any sense as it has already gone past 34 working days and technically it should be done in next 2 weeks

Reading this forum, i can see people havent received it even after the SLA period they have mentioned.

The worst thing here is that we dont have an option to reach out to them and enquire and the VFS is literally useless in getting back info or providing prompt update.

One thing we can do is to ensure that we provide this feedback to them when they ask after the visa processing is completed. I know we will be so happy once we get the visa but take few mins to provide the feedback and it helps a lot to atleast some few who is gonna apply in future.

Thanks guys and good luck waiting with frustration.

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Raju1 wrote:@ST,

I haven't hear back anything yet, this waiting time is just sucks :(.. I have applied on 6th July not end of June. I believe people who have applied on end of June must have received by this time.

I guess i might have to wait until next week to get the results :( will update the forum as soon as i hear back anything from them.

Thanks,
Raju
Hi Raju,

I have applied on 9th July which is close to your date. As per VFS's latest SLA - Application from Delhi should be processed within 45 working days.

Counting from 6th July today is 41st working day for you. Assuming everything is working fine you should technicallay have your visa by early next week? If that works out then i'll be hoping to hear from UKVI soon.

I have sent an email today to chase the status of my application..

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:27 pm

bukhariibrahim wrote:
Raju1 wrote:@ST,

I haven't hear back anything yet, this waiting time is just sucks :(.. I have applied on 6th July not end of June. I believe people who have applied on end of June must have received by this time.

I guess i might have to wait until next week to get the results :( will update the forum as soon as i hear back anything from them.

Thanks,
Raju
Hi Raju,

I have applied on 9th July which is close to your date. As per VFS's latest SLA - Application from Delhi should be processed within 45 working days.

Counting from 6th July today is 41st working day for you. Assuming everything is working fine you should technicallay have your visa by early next week? If that works out then i'll be hoping to hear from UKVI soon.

I have sent an email today to chase the status of my application..

@bukhariibrahim,

Yeah, i am just waiting to receive the mail from BHC Chennai and as you said I will give it by end of this week as it completes 43 working days.

This waiting time is nerve wracking as you have to wait this long time just to see the results :(

Let me know if you hear anything on the email that you sent.

-Raju

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Chennai processing times are slighly better i.e: 43 days as compared to Delhi. Well fingers crossed that you hear a positive response from them soon.

I'll keep you updated if i hear anything on my side.

Regards
Ibrahim

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:14 am

Here's my latest update: 40 working days and counting....... :(

Application Date: 09/07/15

Mumbai South, Settlement Visa (Cat A)

Email enquiry on 15/08/15: Waiting to be assessed by ECO
Email enquiry on 21/08/15: In Progress. Not yet assessed by ECO
Email enquiry on 27/08/15: I have tracked the status and found that there are no current updates.
Email enquiry on 01/09/15: I have tracked the status and found that there are no current updates.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:54 am

Okay guys, here is the news. I have recieved mail from Chennai BHC this morning that Visa has been processed and delivered. I have to wait day or 2 to get that courier. 43 working days took in my case.

@Vannakkamchennai: Any update from yourside as we both filed on same day?

-Raju

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:37 am

Raju1 wrote:Okay guys, here is the news. I have recieved mail from Chennai BHC this morning that Visa has been processed and delivered. I have to wait day or 2 to get that courier. 43 working days took in my case.

-Raju
Congratulations :) I am assuming the UKVI Offices are sticking to their SLA's. As my application is processed from Delhi (45 Days SLA) i am hoping to hear from them by Mid next week.

Raju - Can you please share the copy of email which you received this morning.

Thanks
Ibrahim

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:39 am

Raju1 wrote:Okay guys, here is the news. I have recieved mail from Chennai BHC this morning that Visa has been processed and delivered. I have to wait day or 2 to get that courier. 43 working days took in my case.

-Raju

That is a great news Raju. Congratulations.
I am yet to hear from them. Still waiting :)
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:52 am

That's great @vanakkamchennai. Fingers crossed X. Give us shout when you get some update :)

Here is the mail recieved from BHC, Chennai..
Dear XXXXX XXXXXXX ,

GWF Reference No : GWFXXXXXXXXX

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 am

Raju1 wrote:That's great @vanakkamchennai. Fingers crossed X. Give us shout when you get some update :)

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXX ,

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.
Thanks Raju. Worth the wait ;-)

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:01 am

Raju1 wrote:That's great @vanakkamchennai. Fingers crossed X. Give us shout when you get some update :)

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXX ,

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai

Thanks Raju.. Awesome.
Yes, fingers crossed for my case.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:05 am

Great news Raju, Congratulations !!

I guess UKVI have started processsing July applications.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:44 am

-Raju
Just now the received the email. Response on 42nd working day (4pm India time). Fingers crossed for the decision.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:47 am

Wow! They are on a roll. Good luck to you both....

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:50 am

Congratulations vanakkamchennai !!

Indeed they are on a roll.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Congrats @Vanakkamchennai !!

Could you please share us the exact email format which you received :)

-Raju

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Raju1 wrote:Congrats @Vanakkamchennai !!

-Raju
Congrats @Raju & @Vanakkamchennai :)

Hopefully, Delhi applicants will be hearing something soon too!!

cheers

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:59 pm

@Raju / @Vanakkamchennai

Question for you, on the VFSglobal.co.uk (India) website the following is mentioned:
(http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/after_submission.html)

For courier cases you can track the status of your shipment delivery by putting the GWF Reference number on the reference number column available on the Blue Dart website at www.bluedart.com

Are you able to track the status of your delivery using your GWF reference at bluedart.com ? Or has bluedart provided you with some other reference number?

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:05 pm

maximus1234 wrote:@Raju / @Vanakkamchennai

Question for you, on the VFSglobal.co.uk (India) website the following is mentioned:
(http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/after_submission.html)

For courier cases you can track the status of your shipment delivery by putting the GWF Reference number on the reference number column available on the Blue Dart website at http://www.bluedart.com

Are you able to track the status of your delivery using your GWF reference at bluedart.com ? Or has bluedart provided you with some other reference number?
I am unable to track it using GWF reference (or part of it excluding 'GWF0') and when i search it just throws "Numbers not found". I guess still have to wait some time to get that couriered it seems.

-Raju

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 pm

@Raju - Thanks for quick response. Hope you get the courier soon. All the best !

cherokee
Newly Registered

Post by cherokee » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:32 pm

@Raju - when did you apply? 6th July?

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:38 pm

cherokee wrote:@Raju - when did you apply? 6th July?
Yes, i did applied on 6th July...

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:23 pm

Raju1 wrote:Congrats @Vanakkamchennai !!

-Raju
Raju, it is exactly same as what you have received.

Regarding the tracking, I could track in the Bluedart website (https://www.bluedart.com/maintracking.html). On the left, select Ref. No, and the input the GWF number in full of the format GWFXXXXXXXX
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:48 am

Hi, I really appreciate if someone help me out on this ; As some of u kno my biometrics was 18/06/15, then i've got delayed email, on 20/08/2015 I had an interview, on 26/08/2015 they asked me to pay £200 IHS fee, as I paid £400 when i submit my documents. It was the vfs people who offered me tht i can pay 1/2/3 year IHS fee. Anyway, NewDelhi asked me to pay the rest £200, make a new application for getting IHS Ref, register on IHS portal, then email on nedelhiIHS@fco.gov.uk. I did everything. but when ever I went to IHS portal it show me incomplete application, I can't find my IHS ref there. Moreover, no one confirm me that they got the money. wht shall i do now, as delhi email told me tht if they don't receive the money within 04/09/15, they will reject my application and i can't appeal for only this reason of refusal. please help me .. wht shall i do???? i email nedelvisainfo@fco.gov.uk and newdelhiIHS@fco.gov.uk, but no one is replying.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:24 am

AMirAbbasi wrote:Hi, I really appreciate if someone help me out on this ; As some of u kno my biometrics was 18/06/15, then i've got delayed email, on 20/08/2015 I had an interview, on 26/08/2015 they asked me to pay £200 IHS fee, as I paid £400 when i submit my documents. It was the vfs people who offered me tht i can pay 1/2/3 year IHS fee. Anyway, NewDelhi asked me to pay the rest £200, make a new application for getting IHS Ref, register on IHS portal, then email on nedelhiIHS@fco.gov.uk. I did everything. but when ever I went to IHS portal it show me incomplete application, I can't find my IHS ref there. Moreover, no one confirm me that they got the money. wht shall i do now, as delhi email told me tht if they don't receive the money within 04/09/15, they will reject my application and i can't appeal for only this reason of refusal. please help me .. wht shall i do???? i email nedelvisainfo@fco.gov.uk and newdelhiIHS@fco.gov.uk, but no one is replying.
Hi AmirAbbasi,

This could be due to your browser session remembering the cookies. Try deleting your browser cookies and try again, or try using different web browser. If this doesnt help, call their number (which is expensive).

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/
Contact UK Visas and Immigration from outside the UK

India Telephone

Opening times: 8:30am - 4:30pm (India time)

You can call us on:

0008 00100 8785

If you would prefer to dial a UK number direct please call:

00 44 1243 218 117

This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition to your standard network charges. Please have a valid credit or debit card ready to process your payment. We can accept MasterCard credit and debit cards, and Visa credit and debit cards. You will not be charged until you are connected to an adviser. Calls may be recorded for training purposes. We are able to handle your calls in English, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Urdu , Sinhalese or Gujarati.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned