ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada immigration effect on naturalisation application UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muhammadirfan999
Newly Registered

Re: Canada immigration effect on naturalisation application

Post by muhammadirfan999 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:39 pm

I called them many time every time their answer was same no problem on naturalisation application or or way of getting passport

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:00 am

muhammadirfan999 wrote:I called them many time every time their answer was same no problem on naturalisation application or or way of getting passport
Thanks for your effort but as stated above we need something in writing so that we can challenge them in case of any potential rejection solely on this basis.

As you know HO rules for naturalisation are extremely stringent now so we should not give them any chance to turn down our application for a trivial issue like this.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:26 am

Do we have an updated correspondence address for citizenship enquiries. All I can find is this:
Citizenship and nationality enquiries
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
Find out about call charges

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:46 pm

fielddrive wrote:Do we have an updated correspondence address for citizenship enquiries. All I can find is this:
Citizenship and nationality enquiries
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
Find out about call charges
This seems OK to me. I will drop an email to them and will let you know the outcome. You guys should also do the same from your end and will discuss this in due course.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
This seems OK to me. I will drop an email to them and will let you know the outcome. You guys should also do the same from your end and will discuss this in due course.
cool.. let us know when you hear back...

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:01 pm

fielddrive wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
cool.. let us know when you hear back...
No email response from HO yet. I have now got passport request from Canadian High Commission in London for permanent residency visa. However, I am a bit confused at the moment what to do as HO instruction in this regard is vague.

Should I defer it until I apply for my AN application in January next year?

kimgadi
Newly Registered

Post by kimgadi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:00 pm

For the benefits of all...I applied for my Son's naturalisation on 01-Sep-15 and received approval on 23-Nov-15. He had Canadian landing visa stamped on his passport so a sigh of relief for all who have been concerned about the effect on application due to Canadian immigration stamp..Please relax and apply.. I can assure there will be no impact on your application whatsoever..

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:02 pm

thanks for the update!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:35 am

kimgadi wrote:For the benefits of all...I applied for my Son's naturalisation on 01-Sep-15 and received approval on 23-Nov-15. He had Canadian landing visa stamped on his passport so a sigh of relief for all who have been concerned about the effect on application due to Canadian immigration stamp..Please relax and apply.. I can assure there will be no impact on your application whatsoever..
Much appreciated.

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:23 pm

The following (as quoted by Wanderer):

3. Intention to live in the UK
The intentions to live in the UK on a permanent basis is quite important as the British Citizenship is only given to that person who intends to live in the UK. But at the same, after getting naturalized, long time absences are normally ignored provided the link with the UK is not permanently broken

Is nonsense. It is quoted from a law firm’s old website and had been since updated to:

3. Intention to have his/her home in the UK
British Citizenship is granted only to applicants who intend to have their home (or principal home if more than one) in the UK. As it is impossible to determine the future, the Secretary of State will look at their past behaviour and ties with the UK. However, after being naturalized, it is not legally possible to maintain such a requirement. Once citizenship is granted, the requirement no longer applies and a naturalized British citizen is not constrained to live in the UK

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm

It definitely will.. I know someone who done the same mistake and he told the home office about Canadian immigration then home office not replied to him for over two years and after two years his naturalisation was approved but his immigration for Canada was expired and couldn't go.. He still here now .. I don't know much more about that and he is not my close friend either but I know that's what happend to him.. Hope it clearfiy your question thanks

kimgadi
Newly Registered

Post by kimgadi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Well theoretically, you can acquire PR of other country before you get ILR in UK as you are not sure if you get ILR in UK or not. Just because someone acquired a PR in some other country doesn't mean that the person doesn't have intention to make UK their home. With that reason, I don't think it should matter but it is just my opinion. Also your friend could very well have gone to Canada after applying for ILR in UK as he doesn't have to be in UK after applying....so the story doesn't join together.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:16 pm

kimgadi wrote:Well theoretically, you can acquire PR of other country before you get ILR in UK as you are not sure if you get ILR in UK or not. Just because someone acquired a PR in some other country doesn't mean that the person doesn't have intention to make UK their home. With that reason, I don't think it should matter but it is just my opinion. Also your friend could very well have gone to Canada after applying for ILR in UK as he doesn't have to be in UK after applying....so the story doesn't join together.
He was In the uk on Ilr when he applied naturalisation he requested home office to speed up the application so he can go to Canada but then he got no response from home office .. After 18 month our MP intervened then he got approval after over two years MP send loads of reminder to them too

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:50 pm

hassan5805 wrote:
kimgadi wrote:Well theoretically, you can acquire PR of other country before you get ILR in UK as you are not sure if you get ILR in UK or not. Just because someone acquired a PR in some other country doesn't mean that the person doesn't have intention to make UK their home. With that reason, I don't think it should matter but it is just my opinion. Also your friend could very well have gone to Canada after applying for ILR in UK as he doesn't have to be in UK after applying....so the story doesn't join together.
He was In the uk on Ilr when he applied naturalisation he requested home office to speed up the application so he can go to Canada but then he got no response from home office .. After 18 month our MP intervened then he got approval after over two years MP send loads of reminder to them too
It is strange. Why didn't your friend apply through NCS so that he could have kept his passport and travel to Canada rather than requested HO to expedite his application.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:46 am

Hi,

Just to share story of my friend.
He got his tier 1 General in August 2008
Got his Canadian immigrant visa and PR card in June 2011 spent 15 days in Canada and came back.
Got his UK ILR in August 2013. Applied for UK citizenship a year after and approved without any issues.

Shah

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:52 pm

Just to update the folks on this thread, I have received my approval now. i did not do anything other than the standard application. Any questions, let me know.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:50 pm

fielddrive wrote:Just to update the folks on this thread, I have received my approval now. i did not do anything other than the standard application. Any questions, let me know.
Congrats mate. That was so quick. As far as I know you only submitted your AN application last month. How come HO is so quick specially as there was a holiday period due to xmas and new year.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:44 am

Arsal385 wrote:
Congrats mate. That was so quick. As far as I know you only submitted your AN application last month. How come HO is so quick specially as there was a holiday period due to xmas and new year.

Thanks, totally unexpected. You are absolutely correct, I applied on 7th dec and got approved on 2nd jan including xmas break but you will not see me complaining :lol: :lol: 11 years is a long time I feel I earned it big time

kimgadi
Newly Registered

Post by kimgadi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:46 pm

Congratulations !!!

Did apply under pilot citizenship+ passport scheme or normal citizenship only. For normal application I have not heard of this quick approval earlier !!!!

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Help please - Urgent

Hi,
I am in the same boat and I need urgent reply from those you have this same issue and their naturalisation was/is granted recently.
Here is my situation;
I am Pakistani passport holder and applied for naturalisation for both myself and my wife
ILR granted: Dec 2014
Canada Immigration visa granted: August 2015 (Still valid and I am due to travel Canada in two months time for landing purpose only 15 days)
Naturalisation application applied: Feb 2016.

I am concerned that my case worker would notice canada immigration visa stamp and link with form AN section 2.3 "Future intention to live in the UK". Anyone you had this issue and recently granted naturalisation please comment. Thank you

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 pm

dont worry too much... many people have successfully applied naturalisation with canada immigrant visa

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:04 am

muhammada wrote:I am concerned that my case worker would notice canada immigration visa stamp and link with form AN section 2.3 "Future intention to live in the UK". Anyone you had this issue and recently granted naturalisation please comment. Thank you
You might expect a caseworker assessing your application with due care & diligence to question your future plans;
they would be empowered to seek clarification if your stated future intention (country) was different from recent visas in your name.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:07 am

fielddrive wrote:dont worry too much... many people have successfully applied naturalisation with canada immigrant visa
Thanks fielddrive and congrats for your application approval. That's really amazing about your speeding process. I can relief little bit from your experience but would be relax if you give some recent success stories
or someone else share their own experience like you.

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:11 am

noajthan wrote:
muhammada wrote:I am concerned that my case worker would notice canada immigration visa stamp and link with form AN section 2.3 "Future intention to live in the UK". Anyone you had this issue and recently granted naturalisation please comment. Thank you
You might expect a caseworker assessing your application with due care & diligence to question your future plans;
they would be empowered to seek clarification if your stated future intention (country) was different from recent visas in your name.
thanks noajthan. Can you please elaborate "seek clarification" Do you believe they will ask clarification from me before deciding on application? I don't mind if they do that so that I can write a whole explanation why I applied for canada immigration and why I don't bother to move there.
My only concern is that they must not take negative decision just be assuming that I might move to canada for good.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:28 am

muhammada wrote:thanks noajthan. Can you please elaborate "seek clarification" Do you believe they will ask clarification from me before deciding on application? I don't mind if they do that so that I can write a whole explanation why I applied for canada immigration and why I don't bother to move there.
My only concern is that they must not take negative decision just be assuming that I might move to canada for good.
This HO guidance on this critical matter will help you get into the mind of the HO caseworker weighing up your application:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... annexf.pdf

Take note of the clauses relating to future intentions, residence &/or travel abroad &/or emigration plans.
Based on this it is likely enquiries could/would be made.

What was your answer to the relevant question (Q2.3?) on form AN :?:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.