ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-enrol for BRP again for naturalization! ridiculous

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lunatfr

Re-enrol for BRP again for naturalization! ridiculous

Post by lunatfr » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Hello experts,
I would be applying for my naturalization soon but it seems UKBA has made it more difficult since my last contact with them. I have an ILR(possess BRP) and would be travelling for 3 months from Oct 2015 to Dec 2015. My plan was to apply using NCS and then go for oath after coming back hoping approval is returned in 3 months(or more) time.

Just noticed from other posts that they ask for BRP enrolment again! within 15 days of receiving the letter. Although someone would be present to receive the letter but I would be in india. And I dont wont to fly back for 2 days just for BRP :|

Does anyone know of way around it ?
Is it compulsory?
Is there a way to do in India?

The reason for applying before november is due to the changes in english requirements. My english language requirement is fulfilled by using UK NARIC certificate(degree in english medium).

noajthan

Re: Re-enrol for BRP again for naturalization! ridiculous

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:24 pm

lunatfr wrote:Hello experts,
I would be applying for my naturalization soon but it seems UKBA has made it more difficult since my last contact with them. I have an ILR(possess BRP) and would be travelling for 3 months from Oct 2015 to Dec 2015. My plan was to apply using NCS and then go for oath after coming back hoping approval is returned in 3 months(or more) time.

Just noticed from other posts that they ask for BRP enrolment again! within 15 days of receiving the letter. Although someone would be present to receive the letter but I would be in india. And I dont wont to fly back for 2 days just for BRP :|

Does anyone know of way around it ?
Is it compulsory?
Is there a way to do in India?

The reason for applying before november is due to the changes in english requirements. My english language requirement is fulfilled by using UK NARIC certificate(degree in english medium).
Simply delay applying for naturalisation there is no publicised imminent change to the option of submitting a degree as proof of English. (There are ofcouse other changes re English test & certification).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:45 pm

That's a good point...Re-reading the ukba link regarding english requirement its ESOL that wont be valid qualification from november 2015. So i should save the pain and apply after coming back in 2016 and hoping no detrimental rule changes for naturalization :)

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Everytime one makes an application, biometric enrollment is mandatory. They wish to verify that you are who you claim to be!
So no way out.

The changes being introduced in November do not affect you, if you fulfill the English language requirement by virtue of a degree taught or researched in English.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!