ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - English language requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sgadipat
Newly Registered

Citizenship - English language requirements

Post by sgadipat » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi All,

First want to thank you for all the advice I received over the last few years. I am hoping I can get some guidance on the "Citizenship - English language requirements".

I have obtained my ILR after Oct 28, 2013 which should be sufficient for my English language requirement as per few posts. Can some one please confirm this?

I have used UK NARIC degree comparison letter and my original transcript which said my degree was taught in English during my ILR application. Can I still use these documents to fulfil the English language requirement in case point mentioned in above para is wrong.

Regards
Sri

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship - English language requirements

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:51 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sgadipat
Newly Registered

Post by sgadipat » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks that really helps

sgadipat
Newly Registered

Good character requirements - FPNs

Post by sgadipat » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi All,

I drive a company car and I was informed by my company that they received two motoring offence details for me in July and August. I have not seen the details of these offences. They are in the process of redirecting both to me so I can pay the fine or accept points.

One is FPN for stopping at a box junction. The other is a speeding offence. Can you confirm if I should wait for 12 months before applying for citizenship?

Since these have not reached me officially, can I just go ahead and submit the application next week?

sgadipat
Newly Registered

Re: Good character requirements - FPNs

Post by sgadipat » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Just a small clarification, the first offence is PCN and not FPN.

sgadipat
Newly Registered

Post by sgadipat » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 am

Hi,

Just to summarize my case with more details. My two recent offences are - First offence is a PCN and I have seen a copy of this. I am waiting for Fulham council to reissue the notice directly to me as requested by my company.
The other offence is a speeding offence which I have not seen yet. It could be a FPN or NIP which offers a speed awareness course. Again I am waiting for a copy of this from Surrey Police.

In this scenario, should I declare first offence which is PCN? Also should I declare second offence with current details in my application?

Do you think these two offences would cause a problem for my application? I have read a lot of posts about this and I understand that PCNs do not have to be declared, but can some one confirm if this still valid under current rules?

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:03 pm

To understand what needs to be declared and what needn't be, in context, please read Annex D: the good character requirement, Guide AN, and Form AN.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!