ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working in UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sukhwindersingh

working in UK

Post by sukhwindersingh » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:19 am

Hello Gurus and All the Friends,

I would like to know something real which I cannot find in an Immigration guidelines of tier 4 , if I am on student visa (tier 4) studying in the UK at an university with my attendance ratio going at 100%,I passed all modules and as expected I will be allowed to work 20 hrs a week but, I want to work for a company for 30 hrs a week (term time) which in return company pays me 20 hrs wages cash in hand and for extra 10 hrs I work = I get food and accommodation free from the employer.

So if immigration team raids the premises where I work and knows that I work for 30 hrs then can they detain me to my home country as I heard voluntary working is allowed but not sure as I could not find in tier 4 guideline.

Therefore, I need a good advice from experts as I will not start work for 30 hrs till I am assured about this.

Guys please give me advice don't just read and move on ....

Thanks to all people In advance for reading it and giving me opinion on this

Sukhi

vinny

Re: working in UK

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:19 am

You may be subject to removal if you work in breach of your conditions (245ZY(c)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:12 pm

You will not be given advice on this forum which you already know is against the rules.

What you want to do and what you are allowed to do are sometimes two different things!

You already know it's a bad idea...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Usually something as simple as a clerical error or a quick call to the company;

UKVI: How many hours is x working per work at your company?

Innocent girl on phone with no idea of 'arrangement': He's working 30 hrs a week....

Seen that happen on UK Border Force, it's not even a sly question, in general people of no idea about visa restrictions, you'd have to make sure everyone remotely connected was 'in on it' to be sure of not getting caught.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sukhwindersingh

Post by sukhwindersingh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:13 am

Thanks for reply guys.

A tier 4 student who has got 20 hrs right to work and if he works voluntary for rest 10 hrs is also a offence I was not knowing and that is why I was confirming.

Appreciate your replies.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 am

sukhwindersingh wrote:Thanks for reply guys.

A tier 4 student who has got 20 hrs right to work and if he works voluntary for rest 10 hrs is also a offence I was not knowing and that is why I was confirming.

Appreciate your replies.
I think the UKVI are wise to tricks like that, even I spotted it.

In any case, work is work, paid or not, plan won't work.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:35 am

Wanderer wrote:In any case, work is work, paid or not, plan won't work.
Nice pun.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:42 am

vinny wrote:
Wanderer wrote:In any case, work is work, paid or not, plan won't work.
Nice pun.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

funny, that how our friends want to play and just work work work.

sukhwindersingh

working under tier 4 after course completion

Post by sukhwindersingh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Dear Friends,

Hello friends I am tier 4 student visa studied masters from university, now my course is complete and submitted dissertaion I still have 5 months of visa left before it will be expired, on my visa its written 20 hrs allowed during term time, as per tier 4 guidelines page 75 point no 319. its mentioned that student can work full time in vacations.

However immigration officer of our university told me that I cannot work full time at all till after end of my course.

So I request all gurus and friends please let me know what shall I do please assist me ....

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: working under tier 4 after course completion

Post by sah10406 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:27 pm

sukhwindersingh wrote:However immigration officer of our university told me that I cannot work full time at all till after end of my course.

So I request all gurus and friends please let me know what shall I do please assist me ....
What you shall do is listen to the good advice you have had from your university!

As you have been advised, you can work more than 20 hours only during the +4 month period between the end of your course and the end of your visa (or +2 month period if your course was less than 12 months).
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.