ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply british citizenship when before i year of My ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

panickdoll
Newly Registered

can i apply british citizenship when before i year of My ILR

Post by panickdoll » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:30 am

Hello
I am new on this website and need some advise . I have my ILR for 10 months and the issue date was 6/nov/14 . my question is can I apply for british citizenship when I am in month 12 ? because from 5th of November Home office put a new rules for English test and they don't accept any ESOL certificate and you must have a B1 certificate . Please help .

arun.mpk
Newly Registered

Re: can i apply british citizenship when before i year of My

Post by arun.mpk » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:40 am

panickdoll wrote:Hello
I am new on this website and need some advise . I have my ILR for 10 months and the issue date was 6/nov/14 . my question is can I apply for british citizenship when I am in month 12 ? because from 5th of November Home office put a new rules for English test and they don't accept any ESOL certificate and you must have a B1 certificate . Please help .
You cannot my friend, its going to have to be 12 months completed on ILR before you could apply for naturalization.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Yes if you are married to a British citizen.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

panickdoll
Newly Registered

Post by panickdoll » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Thanks for information but I am not married with british .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Not possible then.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.