ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aragon

AN application

Post by aragon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this.

In the naturalisation FORM AN, PAGE 11, QUESTION 1.53, they ask for employer's address.

Now I checked my p60s and the employer address in that is different to my place or work and the headoffice address. I believe, it is of the payroll department's address.

Also, one of my previous employer has outsourced its payroll to another company so the p60 has address of that company.

So my question is, which address should I put down. My actual Work address, Or the Head Office Address Or the one on the P60.

Any help here is much appreciated.

noajthan

Re: EMPLOYER ADDRESS

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:56 pm

aragon wrote:Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this.

In the naturalisation FORM AN, PAGE 11, QUESTION 1.53, they ask for employer's address.

Now I checked my p60s and the employer address in that is different to my place or work and the headoffice address. I believe, it is of the payroll department's address.

Also, one of my previous employer has outsourced its payroll to another company so the p60 has address of that company.

So my question is, which address should I put down. My actual Work address, Or the Head Office Address Or the one on the P60.

On basis HO might write to company to confirm your details suggest use address of location of HR department, either head office or actual location, as appropriate. Neither would be 'wrong'.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

aragon

Post by aragon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:19 am

noajthan wrote: On basis HO might write to company to confirm your details suggest use address of location of HR department, either head office or actual location, as appropriate. Neither would be 'wrong'.
Thanks for your reply. I thought the same before but then I started thinking more. :(

What if they check HMRC for records and their they will have details as per my P60s.

Has anyone got any enquiries forwarded to their employers during Naturalisation application. I have been reading this forum, but never saw a case where employer got sent any letters regarding applicants.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:28 am

aragon wrote:
noajthan wrote: On basis HO might write to company to confirm your details suggest use address of location of HR department, either head office or actual location, as appropriate. Neither would be 'wrong'.
Thanks for your reply. I thought the same before but then I started thinking more. :(

What if they check HMRC for records and their they will have details as per my P60s.

Has anyone got any enquiries forwarded to their employers during Naturalisation application. I have been reading this forum, but never saw a case where employer got sent any letters regarding applicants.
Every business or corporation bigger than a corner store probably has multiple addresses, using 1 address over another does not constitute deception.

You are probably overthinking this but if it reassures you why not put all addresses in the additional/further information section.

aragon

Post by aragon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:21 am

You are right. I am overthinking this. But pls. if anyone got enquiries to their employer pls reply to this thread. I would like to know whether they ever contact employers to verify previous employment.

aragon

Tax Office Reference Page 11. Q. 1.52

Post by aragon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:09 am

Hi,

Question: 1.52 - Tax office Reference or Tax office address

Is this suppose to be of the most recent/current employment. As my wife's new employment is only few months old and her payslips don't have this details. She has checked with her employers to provide for this details but it might take few days for them to come back and our ncs appointment is on Monday.

Can I use previous employments tax office reference?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tax Office Reference Page 11. Q. 1.52

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:11 am

You need to use current tax details. Her employer HR department should have the details available and it should not take a few days.

The Tax Office reference number is the employers PAYE/income tax reference number and what usually appears on an employees P60 and the same with the tax office address details. It is NOT the employer address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:52 am

So what happens who have been Employed and Selft employed at the same time , and currently not working ? Will have 3 numbers ? :-( Or as currently not working , can leave it blank ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:So what happens who have been Employed and Selft employed at the same time , and currently not working ? Will have 3 numbers ? :-( Or as currently not working , can leave it blank ?
If you are currently unemployed, then it is not relevant. You write 'unemployed' on the form in the relevant question.

The tax reference number is ONLY required for CURRENT employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Form AN

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Topic merged.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aragon

Post by aragon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:49 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Topic merged.
I don't understand on why this too topics are merged. There was a reason why I opened a new topic as it is totally different subject.

My point is, when we search in google with certain words it shows the posts with matching words in subject line. Now people will not be able to find it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Click on the link provided and read.
There is no need to create a new topic for every question that springs to you mind regarding your AN application (the subject and topic).
I am more concerned about users following the norm rather than how you/others search for information on google.
Don't use google, use the forum search function - you'll find everything you're looking for.

aragon

Post by aragon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Mr. Moderator,

I read the link on merging topics. It says that different posts on same topic will be merged.

But my posts are on different topics. So why did you merge it. Can you please keep it seperate so that more people can reply to the relevant topic.

thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Did you miss:
Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation).
Reading carefully helps!

You should be more concerned about getting "accurate answers" to your queries, rather than whether every question that you may have about a said application must be posted as a new topic because that is the way you like or want it! If form AN has 100 questions and you have queries about each question, will you be creating 100 topics because, by your definition, every question is a different topic? That is not how it works, unfortunately.

Kindly follow the suggestion given. The policy is in place for a reason!!

aragon

English Language Proof

Post by aragon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi,

My wife and I got ILR in August, 2014. We sent our bachelors degree and point base calculator printout to prove english language requirement.

Now for the citizenship application, there is a point in An form to tick which says that I have already proved my english language during ILR.

If I tick this, does that mean, I don't need to send the degree certificate again. Or should I send the degree certificate and point base calculator again just to be on a safer side?

Thanks

noajthan

Re: English Language Proof

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:53 pm

My wife and I got ILR in August, 2014. We sent our bachelors degree and point base calculator printout to prove english language requirement.

Now for the citizenship application, there is a point in An form to tick which says that I have already proved my english language during ILR.

If I tick this, does that mean, I don't need to send the degree certificate again. Or should I send the degree certificate and point base calculator again just to be on a safer side?

Thanks
See section 2, page 30 of form, it seems quite clear proof is required, (just as for every other aspect of the application).

aragon

Re: English Language Proof

Post by aragon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:04 pm

noajthan wrote:

Thanks
See section 2, page 30 of form, it seems quite clear proof is required, (just as for every other aspect of the application).
Thanks for your reply.

aragon

PCN - Should I Declare?

Post by aragon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi all,

I had a PCN or should I call it FPN, not sure, in March, 2015. I was waiting in the loading bay and went over the 20 mins, waiting period. I got a letter in the post and I paid the fine straight away.

I also had 2 more parking charges in the past. One in June 2009 and one in either 2008 or 2007. Don't know the exact month.

So my question is, How should I declare this in the AN form. Should I write it in section 3.2 or on Page 24 Further information section.

Also, I didn't got any penalty points on my license. Only paid the fine, directly to the authority. No court involved. In this senario, do I need to to declare the above or should I leave it?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: AN application

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:40 pm

If the fine was imposed by the council / authority / private contractors acting on behalf of either, then it is a PCN, not FPN.
If you wish to declare them (no harm), use page 24.

aragon

Re: AN application

Post by aragon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If the fine was imposed by the council / authority / private contractors acting on behalf of either, then it is a PCN, not FPN.
If you wish to declare them (no harm), use page 24.
Thanks.