ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 year basis -Premium Service Appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moonshri
Newly Registered

ILR 10 year basis -Premium Service Appointment

Post by moonshri » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:43 am

Hi,
Can I submit my ILR (10 years long residence) application in same day decision premium service (£1900) before completing 10 years. For example if 10 years is completing on 18th Oct - can I book a premium service appointment for a date of 1st Oct and submit my ILR (10 years) application on this date? I know we can send our application by post 28 days before completing 10 years but not sure if we can do this for same day premium service as well.
By reading guidance and application form I come to know following documents submission with ILR application:
1) All Passports
2) Current Biometric (Tier-4 dependant)
3) Degree certificate
4) 2 photographs
5) life in the UK test
Am I missing something in above list?
Should I carry any other documents on appointment day if so which documents should I carry?
Thanks to all members

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR 10 year basis -Premium Service Appointment

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:17 am

moonshri wrote:Hi,
Can I submit my ILR (10 years long residence) application in same day decision premium service (£1900) before completing 10 years. For example if 10 years is completing on 18th Oct - can I book a premium service appointment for a date of 1st Oct and submit my ILR (10 years) application on this date? I know we can send our application by post 28 days before completing 10 years but not sure if we can do this for same day premium service as well. Yes, you can apply in person within 28 days of reaching the 10 years residence. Residence is calculated from the date you ENTERED the UK 10 years ago.

By reading guidance and application form I come to know following documents submission with ILR application:
1) All Passports Does it include the one you ENTERED the UK with?
2) Current Biometric (Tier-4 dependant)
3) Degree certificate
4) 2 photographs
5) life in the UK test
Am I missing something in above list? Seems ok.
Should I carry any other documents on appointment day if so which documents should I carry? Not necessary
Thanks to all members
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:13 am

Many Thanks CR001
Yes, I have expired passport which was valid when I entered here and have entry visa stamped on this. I am taking both expired and current passport.
By reading other post , I come to know that I do not need to fill payment page of application and should attached payment receipt (£1900) - is it correct?
Do I have to submit a photocopy of completed application form and documents along with original application and documents?
I am not attaching a covering letter as I do not have to explain anything- is it ok?
Do I need to submit a sheet listing of my holidays periods in home country and cross reference to passport page stamps?
Do I need to submit a sheet indicating my all visa validity dates and copy of all HO visa approval letters (I have all HO visa approval letter since last 10 years)
Sorry to ask any stupid questions - I get worried as I read more - I hope all to be ok for everyone here.
thanks to all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:38 am

By reading other post , I come to know that I do not need to fill payment page of application and should attached payment receipt (£1900) - is it correct? Correct, just attached the email and ignore the payment page in the application form
Do I have to submit a photocopy of completed application form and documents along with original application and documents? Yes, you need to take copies of everything.
I am not attaching a covering letter as I do not have to explain anything- is it ok? Not needed, HO have all your information and history.
Do I need to submit a sheet listing of my holidays periods in home country and cross reference to passport page stamps? Question D3 on page 11 of the form SET(LR) has space to list your absences. If you need more space, you can write on a separate sheet of paper.
Do I need to submit a sheet indicating my all visa validity dates and copy of all HO visa approval letters (I have all HO visa approval letter since last 10 years)No, complete what the form asks for and if HO have queries, they have your immigration history in they system to check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Thank you CR001 for your reply and help

Tripletrouble

Post by Tripletrouble » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi moonshri,
could you please tell us about all previous visas you had.

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:58 am

Student, tier 2 & 4 dependant

Tripletrouble

Post by Tripletrouble » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:16 am

Thanks,

While you were on Tier 2 are all your taxes in order. They might ask you about it and to prove you have cleared all the taxes with HMRC.

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:24 am

During Tier2, all tax and NI deducted by employer so how I can get a prof and attach with my application? If you mean this p60, then I can include this with application but in guidance this is not mention to include p60- sorry but confused what to do for your suggested HMRC tax.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:36 am

Tripletrouble wrote:Thanks,

While you were on Tier 2 are all your taxes in order. They might ask you about it and to prove you have cleared all the taxes with HMRC.
The tax issues are affecting mostly Tier 1 G who were self employed. Tier 2 is employer sponsored so there should be no issues with tax from approved employer sponsors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 am

Thanks once again so no P60/45 submission with application- is it correct CR001?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:48 am

moonshri wrote:Thanks once again so no P60/45 submission with application- is it correct CR001?
No,they are not required for long residence applications. You can take them with you if you wish, but unlikely they will be asked for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:02 pm

OK CR001, good idea to take these one with me but not to submit. Thanks to all - hope I will get it.
Many thanks

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:59 am

Yesterday, my previous tier-2 employer called me and told they want me again in their company. As tier-4 dependant i can work full time & can take up their offer immediately. They are also in position to provide me tier 2 sponsorship. As I am now eligible for 10 years ilr, I booked an appointment for next month for ilr. Now question is would it be better for ilr to first switch to tier-2 then apply? The reason to ask this question is our current visa status- tier-4 visa of husband and tier4 dependant visa of me - we both eligible for ilr on 10 year basis but our visa status is student type. I know from immigration rules point of views no difference but practically which would be better a) go for ilr on tier-4 dependant basis OR b) first change my visa to tier-2 and then go for ilr (10 year)? I know changing to tier 2 involve additional visa cost but we can afford this so no issue with finance in any case. Please advise me what would/should be better?
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:59 am

It makes no difference! It doesn't matter whether you are applying for settlement under LR with current immigration status as a Tier 4 dependant or Tier 4 or Tier 2 or Tier 1 or refugee or partner of settled person or something else .....
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:57 am

Many thanks sushdmetha, OK will go to ilr straight - I am nurvous so different ideas/ questions come in mind- will update here how it goes next month. In past 10 years never got any rejection always done visa change on time but only pain is applying ilr on student dependant status and that is why nurvous and feeling low.

Tripletrouble

Post by Tripletrouble » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:24 pm

If you are eligible for 10 years ILR then go for it. Always remember immigration rules keeps on changing so always grab it if you are ready for it.

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi
This is regarding my husband ILR (10 years). He booked an appointment next month as well. He is in full time study and part time work with current visa as tier-4. Would it be better to submit a letter from uni to show full time study and a letter from employer specifying part time employment with 20 hrs working in line of current visa?. Could these letter would be helpful for them to decide application or it would be bad for application. I was thinking that we give NI number in application and caseworker will not be able to see working hours so he can delay application unnecessaryly to check with employer and university to establish full time study and part-time work. I think these letter would provide ready references to caseworker. Please advise.
Thanks

moonshri
Newly Registered

Post by moonshri » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Any views/ advice please on uni & employer letter?