ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Garda immigration wait times.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joelsut
Newly Registered

Garda immigration wait times.

Post by joelsut » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Has anyone gone to Garda Immigration, Burgh Quay, Dublin, lately? What time did you show up? How long did you wait to get a ticket? How long until your number was called? I have to go soon, and I'm trying to find out a good time to show up.

Thanks in advance.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:27 pm

I showed up around 7am and waited outside. This is perhaps a little early, as the office opens at 8am. I was out by 8.30am. Quite often they appear to "close" the offices pretty early in the day as they only give out a certain number of tickets. I've heard of people who have shown up a bit later in the morning and had to wait for at least an hour (more like 2-3)

joelsut
Newly Registered

Post by joelsut » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:33 pm

Thanks. When did you go. Recently? My friend went a couple weeks ago and had to show up at 5am. to get in and out for her husband to get to work on time. I have the same problem, my wife has to get to work.

I think this thread would be good to keep going anytime anyone goes, as a reference for other users.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:25 pm

This probably would be around a month and a half ago. It's hard to tell really - I went on a wednesday morning. Just isn't particularly nice to be waiting outside at those times.

joelsut
Newly Registered

Post by joelsut » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:52 am

I went this morning, 6/11, at 6:30am. Waited in line outside until 7:10. They let us in and had ticket in hand by 7:30am, was #12 in the Q. . Was out of the office by 8:30am.

I got a 1 year stamp 3, while waiting on Supreme Court ruling. I was denied EU1 previously.

schwdhry
Newly Registered

Post by schwdhry » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:24 am

joelsut wrote:I went this morning, 6/11, at 6:30am. Waited in line outside until 7:10. They let us in and had ticket in hand by 7:30am, was #12 in the Q. . Was out of the office by 8:30am.

I got a 1 year stamp 3, while waiting on Supreme Court ruling. I was denied EU1 previously.
Did you have to argue or did they give the stamp 3 easily? My wife has been denied EU1..

I went to DoJ at 11.30am and no tickets were available.. went about 2 weeks ago around 2pm and still no tickets were available.

joelsut
Newly Registered

Post by joelsut » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:37 am

It was relatively painless. Just be well prepared. Does the denial letter instruct you to return to GNIB to renew her registration?
Things to have: Proof of your work, bank statements, proof of health insurance, marriage certificate, EU1 denial letter, passports.

Also go early. before 8:00 will insure you a ticket. Before 7:00 will insure you are in and out quickly.

Sai28
Newly Registered

Post by Sai28 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi All,

Could you please provide procedure for renewal of GNIB Registriation & Multiple Entry visa and what documents needs to have.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sai

shahzadbk
Newly Registered

Post by shahzadbk » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:01 pm

What type of Visa you are goig to extend.Then i can tell you what documents do you nee.
If you are going to extend studend visa then you need
1. Last 3 months Bank Statement(Make Sure it is last 3 months).Otherwise they will send you back home and they will ask you disff questions.
2.Letter from College
3.Creidit/Laser Card so you can pay 100 Euro.
Thats all you need to extend your visa in GNIB.
And for Re Entry
1.College Latter
2.Bank Draft or Postal Order of 60 Euro for Single Entry or 100 Euro for Multiple Entry.
3.One Passport Size Photo
4.And you have to fill An Application Form here

Sai28
Newly Registered

GNIB CARD and employement visa

Post by Sai28 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:24 pm

Thanks very much for your message.

I have to extend my GNIB CARD and employement visa as per new work permit, which i got from DETE.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sai

shahzadbk wrote:What type of Visa you are goig to extend.Then i can tell you what documents do you nee.
If you are going to extend studend visa then you need
1. Last 3 months Bank Statement(Make Sure it is last 3 months).Otherwise they will send you back home and they will ask you disff questions.
2.Letter from College
3.Creidit/Laser Card so you can pay 100 Euro.
Thats all you need to extend your visa in GNIB.
And for Re Entry
1.College Latter
2.Bank Draft or Postal Order of 60 Euro for Single Entry or 100 Euro for Multiple Entry.
3.One Passport Size Photo
4.And you have to fill An Application Form here

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:29 am

We went around 11 am and waited for 3 hours before we saw someone.The officers seems to be older and more mature people this time.
The last time we went, most of them seemed to be in their 20's with hangovers and were really rude.
There's a tall guy who is bald with a french beard...he was really nice to us when we went...See if you can go to his counter.

joelsut
Newly Registered

Post by joelsut » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:21 pm

I went this past Tuesday (22/01) evening, around 5pm. Got the ticket real quick(5 min.) and then waited about 75 mins. to be called. Then another 10 minutes while they printed the card. Atleast you can still get tickets in the evening now. Last itme I was there (NOV. 07) they stopped giving tickets around 2-3 pm. Had to go early in the morning those days.

jenevive
Newly Registered

Post by jenevive » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:21 pm

I had a good experience when I went in the evening a couple of weeks ago... 9/1. I went in after work (around 6pm), got a ticket straight away.. I went to sit down and wait for my number to come up and about 2 minutes later the guy who gave me the ticket is waving and trying to get my attention because my number had already been called. I was in and out in under 25 minutes.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:26 am

I have a friend who went in on 4 March, and arrived at around 7.50am. Got a ticket and was number 14 in the queue. Was out by 8.50am after a bit of a wait to collect her GNIB card at another counter (I'd say another 10 minutes or so). They seemed to only have 2-3 counters open for the first 20 minutes as well, but more and more opened as GNIB staff filtered in.

Laoch na hEireann
Newly Registered

Post by Laoch na hEireann » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:08 pm

They have a procedure in place to try get everyone seen to as quick as they can.

Tickets are issued before you are seen to by an officer... they do this to make sure everyone has the correct documents before you sit down at the booths.

i was told that if there are 200 people in the que and they close in say 2 hours then they will have to stop issusing tickets that day. ( immagine waiting for hours to find they gave too many tickets out!!!

Months like Sept and Oct are VERY busy as that is the start of the college year so every single new student and many current students go into the GNIB to get registered. and tickets go very quickly and therefore wiating times get realy high. many people dont realise that they open until 10pm mon to thur and only untill 4 on a friday.

anyone i know who goes into the GNIB always say the the notices in the GNIB anre ignored next time your in the GNIB read them (i know of people queing to get tickets for an hour and there was a notice on the front door stating that no more ticke wil be issued

hope this helps