ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STAMP 4EUFAM HELP NEEDED

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

STAMP 4EUFAM HELP NEEDED

Post by ghulammemon198 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:00 am

Hello,

I was approved to obtain STAMP4EUFAM in April 2015 for 5 years, though I only received 1 year GNIB Card and STAMP on my passport, as my passport was expiring in 2016. I am currently in Bulgaria with my wife & kid and will probably stay here until next year and planning to return back to live in Ireland permanently. My wife is still exercising her rights in Ireland, even she is here. I know technically she is not exercising her rights but. There is no entry and exit stamps on EU passport to identify if she entered or left the country. She is registered as Self-Employed and can work from anywhere. Her tax returns due date is Oct 2016. Income and bonuses are transferred to local Irish Bank. I already applied for new passport from UK and returned back to Bulgaria with my old passport. My wife collected my new passport from Pakistan High Commission UK few weeks later after applying it. So I don't have any stamps or visa in my new passport. I just want to ask if I will face any problems in Dublin Airport regarding Irish Stamp? GNIB immigration officer can ask me where is the stamp, OK. You have your STAMP4EUFAM Card but where is the Stamp. I am planning to him/her that the stamp was in my old passport. This is my new passport and I don't have old passport at the moment. Second, I am also thinking to take NON- EU Border Control Lane. If they ask me where is your wife. I can say she is in EU Passport Lane and probably she is in baggage area because I believe she will cross the passport control earlier than me. I am also planning to tell them if they ask. I was on my holidays and travelled to Bulgaria 2 weeks ago and came back now. Off course, I will use new passport and there is no stamp to identify if I traveled 2 weeks ago or an year ago. I will appreciate if someone can support my planning or give some additional advise.

Diomond

Re: STAMP 4EUFAM HELP NEEDED

Post by Diomond » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:29 pm

ghulammemon198 wrote:Hello,

I was approved to obtain STAMP4EUFAM in April 2015 for 5 years, though I only received 1 year GNIB Card and STAMP on my passport, as my passport was expiring in 2016. I am currently in Bulgaria with my wife & kid and will probably stay here until next year and planning to return back to live in Ireland permanently. My wife is still exercising her rights in Ireland, even she is here. I know technically she is not exercising her rights but. There is no entry and exit stamps on EU passport to identify if she entered or left the country. She is registered as Self-Employed and can work from anywhere. Her tax returns due date is Oct 2016. Income and bonuses are transferred to local Irish Bank. I already applied for new passport from UK and returned back to Bulgaria with my old passport. My wife collected my new passport from Pakistan High Commission UK few weeks later after applying it. So I don't have any stamps or visa in my new passport. I just want to ask if I will face any problems in Dublin Airport regarding Irish Stamp? GNIB immigration officer can ask me where is the stamp, OK. You have your STAMP4EUFAM Card but where is the Stamp. I am planning to him/her that the stamp was in my old passport. This is my new passport and I don't have old passport at the moment. Second, I am also thinking to take NON- EU Border Control Lane. If they ask me where is your wife. I can say she is in EU Passport Lane and probably she is in baggage area because I believe she will cross the passport control earlier than me. I am also planning to tell them if they ask. I was on my holidays and travelled to Bulgaria 2 weeks ago and came back now. Off course, I will use new passport and there is no stamp to identify if I traveled 2 weeks ago or an year ago. I will appreciate if someone can support my planning or give some additional advise.
They wont ask u about stamps, but rather than cheating the system always go fair, i believe this forum is to help people but offcourse not to those who are clearly trying to abuse it.

mgb

Post by mgb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Which stamp?
It is not allowed to stamp passports of 4EUFAM card holders.

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:43 pm

I am not talking about EU Border Control Entry/Exit Stamps. I am talking about the stamp GNIB Dublin Office put it in my old passport "I am allowed to remain in the state until...... date". I am not cheating any system. I just asked what to do. If they ask about this stamp or they don't care? because I will provide my STAMP4EUFAM Residence card and they can check in the system.

mgb

Post by mgb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Where should old stamps come from at a new passport?

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Off course old stamps cannot come at a new passport. So this is what I am asking that if Dublin Airport GNIB officer ask about this stamp which I mentioned in my previous post or not. I think he or she will not ask because I will present my residence card. So I am only asking this if they can ask or not? even if they ask I will tell them it's in my old passport. I just posted my prospect situation to get feedback.

mgb

Post by mgb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Why should a GNIB officer asking?
If you present a valid passport and a valid 4EUFAM card you are allowed to enter Ireland.
That is it.

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Thank you for your clarification. I know these facts. I was asking about the stamp "PERMITTED TO REMAIN IN IRELAND UNTIL.... MINISTER FOR JUSTICE EQUALITY & LAW REFORM". If they will ask? because they will not find it in my new passport.

mgb

Post by mgb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Once more why should a GNIB officer asking?
This old stamp has no influence about your right to enter Ireland.

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:28 pm

mgb wrote:Once more why should a GNIB officer asking?
This old stamp has no influence about your right to enter Ireland.

OK Understood. Thank you.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:30 am

Try and make sure you are accompanied by your wife and this will prevent any issues.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:45 am

Obie wrote:Try and make sure you are accompanied by your wife and this will prevent any issues.
Thanks Obie. She will take EU passport lane and I will take Non-EU. I observed in this forum that many individuals encountered problems by taking EU passport lane with their spouses and ultimately GARDA argues to take separate lane, as you are in Ireland (center of life).
Last edited by ghulammemon198 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:47 am

Well that is not correct, but in any event she will be there, whatever lane she decides to take.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ghulammemon198
Newly Registered

Post by ghulammemon198 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:50 am

Obie wrote:Well that is not correct, but in any event she will be there, whatever lane she decides to take.
Yes. She will be there. Thanks.