ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Get an EEA family permit after entering the UK as a tourist

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ALBoston
Newly Registered

Get an EEA family permit after entering the UK as a tourist

Post by ALBoston » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi

I am a French citizen currently living and working in the US. I'm married to an American citizen. We are running out of time to request an EEA family permit for him before leaving for the UK.

Would the following scenario work?
We enter the uk together. He enters as a tourist to help me move in. After one week or two, he goes to France or the Netherlands as a tourist and gets the EEA family permit. He then re-enter the UK.

Would this work?

Thanks for your help!

AL

liquidweb

Re: Get an EEA family permit after entering the UK as a tour

Post by liquidweb » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:27 pm

ALBoston wrote:Hi

I am a French citizen currently living and working in the US. I'm married to an American citizen. We are running out of time to request an EEA family permit for him before leaving for the UK.

We enter the uk together. He enters as a tourist to help me move in. After one week or two, he goes to France or the Netherlands as a tourist and gets the EEA family permit. He then re-enter the UK.

Would this work?

Thanks for your help!

AL

Since you are both married. The best way to enter UK is via EEA Family Permit. Once he is here, you can apply for Residence Card and that is valid for 5 years and after that EEA(PR). It takes typically 10 working days for Deputy High Commission to serve EEA FP.

Nepenthe
Newly Registered

Re: Get an EEA family permit after entering the UK as a tour

Post by Nepenthe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:25 am

liquidweb wrote:
ALBoston wrote:Hi

Would this work?

Thanks for your help!

AL

Since you are both married. The best way to enter UK is via EEA Family Permit. Once he is here, you can apply for Residence Card and that is valid for 5 years and after that EEA(PR). It takes typically 10 working days for Deputy High Commission to serve EEA FP.

Hi did this work for you? I am in the same situation, contemplating whether to apply for visit visa first or directly for EU permit. Please advise.