ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can UK ILR holder bring non eu sisters and brothers to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sa3edansah
Newly Registered

Can UK ILR holder bring non eu sisters and brothers to UK

Post by sa3edansah » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi

My friend who is a BC and his wife who has ILR want to bring the wifes sisters and brothers who are non eu to the UK. The sisters are deaf and 1 brother and are financially dependant, also they have an elderly mother. Is the surinder singh route possible in this situation?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Can UK ILR holder bring non eu sisters and brothers to U

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Surinder Singh can be applied to the parents directly.

As for extended family members (such as siblings), remember that EU law does not apply directly to siblings and that national governments are only required to "facilitate" visas for non-EEA siblings. It is not required by law and hence can be turned down/declined.

So, make sure that you choose the country in which you exercise your treaty rights carefully to ensure that that EEA country "facilitates" visas for the sisters and brothers.

Also, the sisters who are deaf will almost certainly require private insurance in almost all EEA countries.

Remember, with siblings, Surinder Singh is not a matter of right. Plan accordingly.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:50 pm

I still maintain that this door will be firmly shut in 12 months time except for those genuine in the situation the SS ruling was devised to assist with.

i.e. those caught due to genuine EU logistically location issues not to bypass the UK rules. Still, it's still law and people are free to use it but IMHO HM Gov has their collective eyes on this one....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:53 pm

Wanderer wrote:this door will be firmly shut in 12 months time
Wanderer wrote:IMHO HM Gov has their collective eyes on this one
I concur entirely with the statements above.