ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Second marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Miracle need

Post by Miracle need » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Does the procedure is more different/strict/biased when ILR keeper after divorce bring new non-eu partner from abroad especially relating to £18600???????

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Miracle need wrote:Does the procedure is more different/strict/biased when ILR keeper after divorce bring new non-eu partner from abroad especially relating to £18600???????
I'm not sure that I fully understand your post, but if you're asking whether someone who has ILR and is divorced, wants to bring their spouse into the UK for settlement...then all the conditions for a VAF4a application are relevant, including the minimum annual earnings of £18,600
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi,
Casa, as you know that the 2nd wife family has rushed and submitted the Moroccan marriage certificate to obtain a British passport for the baby, at the moment the passport has not been issued yet due to the British father hasn't submitted his British naturalization certificate and his British passport so the passport office needs more evidence.

My question is would it be a bad idea that the British father submits his paperwork to support the existing passport application or should he start a fresh passport application for the baby without the Moroccan marriage certificate as it's not required when the father is the one who is applying for the baby's passport.

Also, I know I have asked before if the father will face any issues with the British authority but wanted to be sure that it won't delay or prevent the fiancee application if he submits his paper work to support the existing passport application for the baby as the British authority will be aware that the father and the mother were previously married in Morocco.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:28 pm

I've already given you my answer that the fiance visa won't be affected by the marriage that took place in Morocco before the divorce absolute was granted.
I've believe that I've also said that the child's passport could take anything from 6-12 months to be issued. It would be pointless in submitting two separate passport applications.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Casa wrote:I've already given you my answer that the fiance visa won't be affected by the marriage that took place in Morocco before the divorce absolute was granted.
I've believe that I've also said that the child's passport could take anything from 6-12 months to be issued. It would be pointless in submitting two separate passport applications.
Thanks a lot Casa,
So sorry to re-ask the same question but just for verification, so it won't be any issue if the father submits his passport and the naturalization certificate with the existing application even though the Moroccan marriage certificate has been submitted with the application!!

Thanks a lot

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:45 pm

5am1224 wrote:
Casa wrote:I've already given you my answer that the fiance visa won't be affected by the marriage that took place in Morocco before the divorce absolute was granted.
Thanks a lot Casa,
So sorry to re-ask the same question but just for verification, so it won't be any issue if the father submits his passport and the naturalization certificate with the existing application even though the Moroccan marriage certificate has been submitted with the application!!

Thanks a lot
I'm sorry, but I've completely lost you now! What application are you referring to? The application for his child's passport or the fiance visa? :?
(Casa, not CR001)

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Sorry for the confusing, I meant if the father submits his original naturalization certificate with his British passport to support the existing application passport that the 2nd wife started for the baby after she submitted the Moroccan marriage certificate to show that she was married to the baby's father when the baby was born.

Shall the father do that or is it better for him to ask the wife to withdraw the existing passport application and start a fresh application?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:17 pm

"Children born to a British citizen father on or after 1 July 2006 may derive citizenship from him even if the parents were not married to each other and will be a British citizen from birth automatically provided there is satisfactory evidence of paternity"

I can't see that the passport application would need to be withdrawn, however he should bear in mind that he will have to submit a legally certified copy of his British passport for the fiance visa application. I'm assuming the birth certificate showing his name as the father was (or will be) submitted with the application.
(Casa, not CR001)

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks again Casa,
The thing is that the 2nd wife has already submitted the marriage certificate with application I have no idea why she has done that but it just happened, from your response I understood that if the husband submits his legal documentation to support the existing passport application it wont cause any type of issues!!! could you verify that please!

Once again really thanks a lot for your help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:50 pm

I can't see that it will be a problem.
(Casa, not CR001)