ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship- Good Character - Tax Issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sadianshah
Newly Registered

British Citizenship- Good Character - Tax Issue

Post by Sadianshah » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi Senior members

I have a limited company which is not trading/ dormant for the past 4 years. I am up to date with my annuals returns and accounts at companies house. It completely slipped my mind to do dormant ct600 with hmrc and didnt do them for 2012 and 2013. I logged on to my account in april 2015 and found civil penalties of 200 each for these 2 years.

I have paid them, filed ct600 for the years , there was no tax payment due just penalty for not filing in time.

The NCS says that i need to wait 3 years. I think that these should not have effect.

I want to apply, should I and what explanation shall i give for not filing ct600 on time for mh non trading company .... being busy with toddlers and Several house moves or just slipped my mind??

Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship- Good Character - Tax Issue

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:51 am

Sadianshah wrote:Hi Senior members

I have a limited company which is not trading/ dormant for the past 4 years. I am up to date with my annuals returns and accounts at companies house. It completely slipped my mind to do dormant ct600 with hmrc and didnt do them for 2012 and 2013. I logged on to my account in april 2015 and found civil penalties of 200 each for these 2 years.

I have paid them, filed ct600 for the years , there was no tax payment due just penalty for not filing in time.

The NCS says that i need to wait 3 years. I think that these should not have effect.
It might cause you trouble. Have you looked into this thread?
Sadianshah wrote: I want to apply, should I and what explanation shall i give for not filing ct600 on time for mh non trading company .... being busy with toddlers and Several house moves or just slipped my mind??
Personally I don't think any of these excuses will satisfy any legal body. :)

But I am not an expert on owned company matters, so please go through the link above, also I'd await more replies here.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Sadianshah
Newly Registered

Post by Sadianshah » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:22 pm

thank you for your reply.

Would really appreciate if a senior member can reply to my query as well.

thanks.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Sadianshah wrote:thank you for your reply.

thanks.
Thanks for posting there, you have a reply there if you want to take a look?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

fizzy888
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by fizzy888 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:33 pm

best wait 10 years and then apply

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:06 pm

I think you are okay. As long as you have paid it, it's not a problem. Just make sure that you don't have any arrears left. See the point below:
"Q22 - I have not paid my taxes will this case a problem?

If you have tax arrears/HMRC penalties you should make arrangements to repay them or dispute them if you do not think you are liable. However, if you have evaded paying your taxes this may result in a refusal (and possible prosecution). Note: that if you are employed (even cash in hand), your employer is responsible for paying your taxes and NI contributions.

"

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Sadianshah wrote:thank you for your reply.

thanks.
A Diamond member (as previous poster 'fwd079' is) is more senior than a Senior member ( :!: )
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.