ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2: Salary - New Entrant or Experienced?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PPS832
Newly Registered

Tier 2: Salary - New Entrant or Experienced?

Post by PPS832 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello members,

I am planning to switch to Tier 2 at the end of my Tier 4 (General) and below are my details.

1. First entered in the UK on a Student visa (General) to successfully complete a Master's degree.
2. Switched to PSW (2 years visa) after completing Masters.
3. Switched to Tier 4 (General) at the end of PSW to study a professional course.
4. Successfully completed professional course.
5. Planning to switch to Tier 2 (General) under NQF Level 6 job for not more than 3 years and 1 month.
6. Employer is A-Rated Tier 2 sponsor.
7. Applicant age is older than 26

The employer is happy to pay me a New Entrant's salary but I have been told by a few, one of them is an Immigration Solicitor (I haven't paid to any solicitor for this yet), that the minimum salary requirement in my case will be of an Experienced employee.

The fact that one of the people is a Solicitor, it is confusing me more. I was earlier convinced that only New Entrant salary will be applicable in my case. So, can someone tell me if a New Entrant's salary threshold will be applicable in my case or not?

I would be grateful if anyone can englighten me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.