ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ANY AGENCY IN UK?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nionlight
Member of Standing

ANY AGENCY IN UK?

Post by nionlight » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:51 am

hello, i got HSMP and will be landing in the UK in few days. i was in USA where i saw there are some agency that give the training to the candidate according to market needs and then place them in the job. they dont charge anything in this stage. but they take chunk of money from tha salary. i am wondering if there is any such kind of agency here in the UK? i am interested in the IT field. but any other field is fine too. please give the link if any one knows anything about it. appreciate it...

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:58 am

your statement is a bit confusing. you are interested in it but anything else will do? What exactly did you put forth as your skill set to get hsmp? As far as an agency training you and finding you work, I dont think this is helpful. All agencies in the UK if you get placement through them take the employer's money not yours. So this agency in the usa is not doing you any favours except for this "training" which in my opinion is meaningless. If IT is your background and what you were trained in in school, it is a lucrative arena and you don't need no agency to train you further to find a job unless you after you get here you have some real issues. Hard to say when you are so vague about what you can do.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:27 pm

syh thanks for reply. IT is not a rigid field. its a field which changes every seconds. for example, u learn linux the next day there may be another new operating system. so one can not really say "i am an IT GURU and i can do every single thing of IT". so what the agency do they follow up with the company and check their specific requirement and train the applicants on that specific field and then place them to job. like in usa PEOPLESOFT was a very famous software. you even dont need to be a IT guy. you can be any guy, and the agency teach you that specific software and then place you in the job with a 60k+ salary. its just an example. i am wondering if there is any kind of such agency in the UK. i hope i cleared you what i meant.
and by the way my experience is with IT support including network support.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:58 pm

They dont teach you anything here. And dont know any agency doing any such thing. Suggest you research it since I don't know what you are talking about and no one else is answering you.
US is about creditials
UK is about experience so I doubt they are going to train you for anything.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:20 pm

SYH wrote:They dont teach you anything here. And dont know any agency doing any such thing. Suggest you research it since I don't know what you are talking about and no one else is answering you.
US is about creditials
UK is about experience so I doubt they are going to train you for anything.
Too right mate, I've been in IT now for what, 15 years and I've seen too many newly-trained straight-out-of-uni knobheads in the name of god up a system big-style.

I remember one clever-shite removing all the VAX/VMS fortran source code from our boxes cos he said "All source code should be in Version Control.." which of course in the ideal world of training course and reading it in a book is fine. However this is the real world and the actual program here before it ran checked for it's source and if it wasn't there, it wouldn't run. And this was for four nuclear reactors. Shutdown!! Drop the Rods! Turbines down!

Cost a freaking fortune, millions in fact of lost electricity generation...

He should have thought about the ramifications before jumping in with his utopian ideals. You can't get that from a training course - real world experience and a bit of nous does that.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dimplex
Newly Registered

Post by dimplex » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi nionlight

unfortunately I can't think of any such agency in the UK.
It would be too expensive for them to train you and in addition the employer would need experience. Thats the way it is in the UK
so its not good enough to be trained but you need the experience to get in.

on a positive note, if you have skills and experience that employers value, I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to find a job with your US experience.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:52 am

You also need to remember that in the UK it is illegal for an agency to charge a candidate to place them, they can only get their fees from the employer. Be wary of any organisation that charges you to find you a job.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!