ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for UK born baby with settled parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolguy20k15

Visa for UK born baby with settled parents

Post by coolguy20k15 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:32 am

Hello,

Me and my wife both have ILR (got in May 2015) and we have a one year old baby born in UK . In July 2015 I applied for his naturalisation (MN1 form) gave biometric on 21st July and now still waiting for a response.

We are planning to travel abroad in mid-November this year for and I don't think we will get our baby's British Passport sorted out by then. Therefore, I am looking for other options to get his UK visa done and once come back to UK, we carry on with his British passport application.

We used NCS and therefore have our passports and ILRs. My son got a passport but no UK visa on it.

Can someone please suggest the quick/best/cheapest way to get UK visa for my 1 yr old baby as a stop gap until we get his naturalisation certificate and British passport which enable us the foreign trip? Thank you.

Regards

secret.simon

Re: Visa for UK born baby with settled parents

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 am

There isn't a stop-gap visa. S/he/You will have to apply for a Family of a settled person visa. The fees are £956 +£600 IHS surcharge. You may be able to apply for same day decision for £500 extra.

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:58 am

I am in the same boat and have been looking on this website wherein some members (child born in UK) have gone to India on indian passport but returned back on visit visa, and then moved over to MN1 & Citizenship.

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Also, if you are going via the family of settled person visa route, the fee is 956GBP if applying from India and it is £649 if from uk. https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:11 pm

See also here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi Vinny,

The link you provided seems ambiguous.

In OP's case (similar to mine), what is the best option?

Go to India on Indian Passport and apply for visit visa or apply for ILE? If ILE, is it provided at the airport or is there any particular visa?

Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:51 pm

ILE=ILR applied outside the UK.

So, based on vinny's advice, I would say that it is better for the parents to apply for same-day ILR before they leave. I believe that is £2000.

coolguy20k15

Post by coolguy20k15 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks for the reply.
So the best option is to apply for premium service ILR. £2000 is damn expensive.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:17 pm

It may be cheaper to cancel or postpone your trip in mid November.

You may want to book a premium-service appointment in late October and then cancel it if the MN1 results come through (NB: I am not absolutely certain if the premium service appointment can be cancelled).

coolguy20k15

Post by coolguy20k15 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Thanks !

Which form I should use for the baby's ILR application? If I use SET (O) then its not much I can fill w.r.t the baby. Also most of the time it talks about the main applicant or partner.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Form Set(F). I am not sure if it will be an issued due to the child not having any valid visa and whether a decision will be made on the day. Perhaps one of the other mods could confirm/advise.

As secret.simon has suggested, you can book an appt as late as possible, and if MN1 certificate comes through, then cancel the premium appointment and request a refund (this is possible if done in time).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:03 pm

secret.simon wrote:ILE=ILR applied outside the UK.

So, based on vinny's advice, I would say that it is better for the parents to apply for same-day ILR before they leave. I believe that is £2000.
Thanks for your info. Since you mentioned ILE = ILR applied outside of UK, which visa my child has to apply if applying from outside UK, i.e. India. Is that https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk ? I cannot see any visa that says ILE

Also, for ILR you dont have to pay the health surcharge, so in the case of ILE as well this is the case? I cannot find any information to that effect.

coolguy20k15

Post by coolguy20k15 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Thank you CR001 !

One more question. Is it possible that my wife and baby travel to India on their Indian passports and when my baby's MN1 certificate arrives, I go to India and apply for his British passport in India and then come back to UK? I am not sure how easy/quick it will be from India?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:17 pm

go to India and apply for his British passport in India and then come back to UK? I am not sure how easy/quick it will be from India?
It takes about 6 to 12 months from India. ALL passport applications are processed in the UK. The British High Commissions no longer process them.

You could do what you are suggesting though and once you have the registration certificate and are in India with it, apply for a Certificate of Entitlement (CoE) for the child. Takes a little bit of time but not as long as passport applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolguy20k15

Post by coolguy20k15 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks a lot !

It means SET (F) is the most logical solution if I need to travel before MN1 arrives?