ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP: Director/tax reference and Referees question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sillyquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

HELP: Director/tax reference and Referees question

Post by sillyquestion » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I have my naturalisation NCS appointment in 1 week and I was wondering if an expert can guide me on a couple of doubts:

1. I am director of my company with PAYE number and UTR number. Now, should I select director or employee in section 3. Also, in the field for tax reference, do I mention PAYE number or UTR number.

2. Referees:

i. Can I use my own accountant as a referee? I am confused as the form says that the referee should not be a 'agent of the applicant'?
ii. My other referee (a British citizen) recently lost her job and is working as a freelancer now. Is that a problem or is it ok?

I will really grateful if someone who knows the answers for sure can help :) Thank you!!

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: HELP: Director/tax reference and Referees question

Post by milan69 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 pm

2.ii. Your second referee does not need to be employed. He/She needs to be over 25 years, be BC and have known you for at least 3 years
I am sometimes wrong.

sillyquestion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sillyquestion » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks milan,

can anyone else help for questions 1 and 2i? :)

luckylondon

Post by luckylondon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:16 am

[quote="sillyquestion"]Hello everyone,

I have my naturalisation NCS appointment in 1 week and I was wondering if an expert can guide me on a couple of doubts:

1. I am director of my company with PAYE number and UTR number. Now, should I select director or employee in section 3. Also, in the field for tax reference, do I mention PAYE number or UTR number.

2. Referees:

i. Can I use my own accountant as a referee? I am confused as the form says that the referee should not be a 'agent of the applicant'?
ii. My other referee (a British citizen) recently lost her job and is working as a freelancer now. Is that a problem or is it ok?

I will really grateful if someone who knows the answers for sure can help :) Thank you!!["]

Hello, I am as well on same Boat..i tried so much to search but didnt got proper response. Can you please ask the NCS if you have appointment next week or if you got answer.

I am as well Director of a LTD company...as i have opened company just couple of months ago and my account submission will be due next year. But i have to apply for Naturalization in few days time.....so what supporting documents do i need to submit......I just have UTR number, I haven't shown self-employed....because i dint got any contract yet...so what i should do?

I will be waiting for you reply ...Thanks

vijayballa
Newly Registered

Post by vijayballa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi @ sillyquestion, luckylondon and all,

I am similar situation like you guys.

how did you guys submit the application at the end?

I have NCS appointment next week and I have setup my limited company recently (so no tax returns as of now). I don't have UTR yet but I got PAYE ref.

do I need to

A. Select director or self employed and mention the UTR (I will have to apply for this)
B. Select employee and mention the PAYE

I am not confused which one of above is correct.

Please some one can shed some light on this.

Thanks

ZEBRA

Post by ZEBRA » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Any one with the answer for the above post please?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Hello everyone,

2. Referees:

I will really grateful if someone who knows the answers for sure can help :) Thank you!!
The answers are :
1. You need to select the option of Director and write your UTR number.

2. (i) Yes you can there is nothing stopping you from that. An agent is the one who submits your appilcation
on your behalf.
(ii) Its Ok.

ZEBRA

Post by ZEBRA » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Thanks gaurav76.5 for your quick reply.
Relation to question 1 " You need to select the option of Director and write your UTR number. "

I'm also an employee of my own limited company. Is it not appropriate to select Employee as I do have PAYE reference no. and I don't have UTR?

Your suggestion is really appreciated.
Thanks

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:04 pm

You said you director of company. Are you not filing your Self assessment?

tripping

Post by tripping » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi,

1. Select Director ( yes for all tax purposes you are also an employee, but for BC application, its director). I put down my PAYE reference not UTR, this is on your P60 produced by your accountant. As a result you will also need to submit self assessment return, which your SA302 from HMRC will suffice ( you have to call them up to send to you). This is a BC requirement as you are a director of a limited company.

If you have been submitting annual tax returns as you should have, you might also have the self assessment return paperwork. Basically its a summary of your online tax return but on HMRC letterhead. I didnt have the most recent one, so sent previous years (2013) plus 5 years worth of SA302 from HMRC( I was being super careful to prove that I have submitted most current 2014 tax return, despite lack of 2014 self assessment return).

2.i) Ok - your accountant is not representing you, so no issues
ii) Ok