ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeb77

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by zeb77 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:13 pm

zeb77 wrote:
sidcostas wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:Hello everyone, after @Arequipa1's good news this evening I checked Royal Mail's track & trace page to see if my post is on it's way as I literally applied 1 day after @Arequipa1 and I can see that it says "It's on its way. We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 08/09/15."

PS. I included a special delivery return envelope (pre-paid) with my application.

So hope it's gonna be a good news tomorrow :)

Im glad to see this Forza, Did you receive your PR then?
GOODLUCK, sidcostas things r acccelerating with ho......fingers crossed
hello forza didnt hear from u ...have u received yur

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:06 pm

And FINALLY a good news from me :)

I received my Permanent Residence Card this morning! So the long long wait is finally over!

olegunna
Newly Registered

Post by olegunna » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Forza_RC wrote:And FINALLY a good news from me :)

I received my Permanent Residence Card this morning! So the long long wait is finally over!
Congrats Forza, so happy for you been a long wait. On to the biometric applications now.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Hell yeah! This calls for a celebration! Hearty congratulations to you Forza. Now you are Forza_PR.

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:09 pm

liquidweb wrote:

Hell yeah! This calls for a celebration! Hearty congratulations to you Forza. Now you are Forza_PR.

BRILLIANT NEWS ITS PARTY TIME!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS FORZA ....AT LAST YUR WAIT IS OVER WE ALL R HAPPY FOR U

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:11 pm

zeb77 wrote:
liquidweb wrote:

so liquidweb we r still waiting, when did you apply for the PR..
MINE WAS 27 MAY

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:41 pm

zeb77 wrote:
liquidweb wrote:

Hi zeb77, here is my Timeline:

Application sent to Home Office on 30/04/2015
Payment Taken 05/05/2015
Biometric letter received 12/05/2015
Biometric Submitted 16/05/2015
COA with right to work received 27/05/2015
PR still waiting.

I have not heard of anyone that have received the new biometric PR card yet, but the HO should start processing this applications soon. Im hoping to get my PR asap but it looks like the waiting time is at 5 months, I wanted to ask, What makes you think HO is speeding things up? as you mentioned it before.

Keep us Posted

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Im so happy for you Forza, if it keeps going the way it is then my Biometric PR should arrive in exactly 4 weeks from this date. Most people are taking 5 months exactly and yours taken 5 months and 2 weeks if I'm correct? I have applied 4 months and 1 week ago. Forza go celebrate with a trip, Im dreaming of that. haha
Congratulations again xx

birbal
Newly Registered

Post by birbal » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:25 pm

I know that most of the users are interested in non-EU timeline I would like to share my application progress as an EEA citizen:

Application sent: 17/08/2015
Application received: 18/08/2015
Payment taken: 20/08/2015
Acknowledgment e-mail: 25/08/2015
PR Received: 08/09/2015

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:55 pm

olegunna wrote:

Congrats Forza, so happy for you been a long wait. On to the biometric applications now.
Thanks a lot olegunna :) I hope you will receive your PR soon. When did you post your application?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:59 pm

liquidweb wrote:

:))) Thanks liquidweb!!! You made me laugh!!! I hope HO will speed up the process once they move on to non-EU biometrics.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 pm

zeb77 wrote:
liquidweb wrote:

YESSS :) Party time...I stopped myself booking 10 different flight tickets to different countries! :)
Feels really good that long long long waiting time is FINALLY OVER...
I hope you will receive yours as soon as possible! Keep updated everyone!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:10 pm

sidcostas wrote:

Im so happy for you Forza, if it keeps going the way it is then my Biometric PR should arrive in exactly 4 weeks from this date. Most people are taking 5 months exactly and yours taken 5 months and 2 weeks if I'm correct? I have applied 4 months and 1 week ago. Forza go celebrate with a trip, Im dreaming of that. haha
Congratulations again xx
Thanks a lot sidcostas! I think when HO introduced that new biometrics application it initially slowed the process down. But hopefully once March applications are over then they will speed up the process.

I wish I'd received my PR last week as my favourite cousin's wedding was on Saturday, 5 September and the PR dated the same day and received this morning...

I hope you won't wait for another 4 weeks and receive yours the soonest!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:15 pm

birbal wrote:I know that most of the users are interested in non-EU timeline I would like to share my application progress as an EEA citizen:

Application sent: 17/08/2015
Application received: 18/08/2015
Payment taken: 20/08/2015
Acknowledgment e-mail: 25/08/2015
PR Received: 08/09/2015
Hello birbal, congratulations! EU citizens' timelines are a lot shorter than non-EU ones. I waited over 5 months for my PR :)

Arequipa1
Newly Registered

Post by Arequipa1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Congratulations! So happy for you Forza.
It has been a long wait. Enjoy all your trips to different countries!

It feels like freedom!!! :) :)

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Big congrats forza. Well deserved. Enjoy every bit of it. It's good to be free. I look forward to many more good news from people still waiting. will publish mine once received . I really hope HO are working to clear down their backlog. Really happy for u

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Arequipa1 wrote:

Thanks a lot Arequipa1! I will :)
Feels good & relived I have to say! I hope you will receive your PR soon too.
I still say that this waiting time is INSANE and "ANORMAL"...Home Office MUST improve their quality of services...and speed up the process for non-EU applicants...

Good luck Arequipa1!

Arequipa1
Newly Registered

Post by Arequipa1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
Arequipa1 wrote:

Thanks a lot Arequipa1! I will :)
Feels good & relived I have to say! I hope you will receive your PR soon too.
I still say that this waiting time is INSANE and "ANORMAL"...Home Office MUST improve their quality of services...and speed up the process for non-EU applicants...

Good luck Arequipa1!
hahaha I have received mine last Friday remember? I am very happy and organising my holidays! :)
Good luck everybody!
It seems that the waiting time is on average 5 months.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:34 pm

@Arequipa1 :D too many posts I sent this evening - yes remember now :) enjoy your holidays...All the best!

olegunna
Newly Registered

Post by olegunna » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
olegunna wrote:

Thanks a lot olegunna :) I hope you will receive your PR soon. When did you post your application?
Hi Forza, I posted mine 29/05/15 so some way to go think two more months. You've been a constant on this forum so glad for you.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:53 am

Annebee wrote:

Big congrats forza. Well deserved. Enjoy every bit of it. It's good to be free. I look forward to many more good news from people still waiting. will publish mine once received . I really hope HO are working to clear down their backlog. Really happy for u
Hello Annebee, thank you so much! I've already booked my flight ticket to my home country to visit my parents :)
I hope you will receive your PR soon. I guess once the HO have moved on to biometric applications (for non-EUs) then it will be quicker. So keep us updated Annebee! All the best...

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi @ Annebee

Wat is your timeline again? you had you for ROR granted last year haven't you? If yes then your ROR should still be valid for a long time, so what you can do is to ask your passport back and keep travelling and living your life normally and when HO process your PR they will send it to you without having to ask for your passport back.
Has anyone applied between 6 of April when the biometrics started up to 30 of April? I have Applied on 30 of April, just want to know if someone applied before me so we can have confirmation when HO starts issuing Biometrics PR.

Keeping my fingers Crossed and hoping this wait will end up soon.

Good luck Everyone.

Forza we"ll probably be all applying for British citizenship next year around the same time so lets keep in Touch.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:53 pm

sidcostas wrote:Hi @ Annebee

Wat is your timeline again? you had you for ROR granted last year haven't you? If yes then your ROR should still be valid for a long time, so what you can do is to ask your passport back and keep travelling and living your life normally and when HO process your PR they will send it to you without having to ask for your passport back.
Has anyone applied between 6 of April when the biometrics started up to 30 of April? I have Applied on 30 of April, just want to know if someone applied before me so we can have confirmation when HO starts issuing Biometrics PR.

Good luck Everyone.

Forza we"ll probably be all applying for British citizenship next year around the same time so lets keep in Touch.
Sidcostas not having a go at you. But I find applying for BC as a pure waste of time and effort and also limiting your rights. For example, my friend and his wife has just become BC. His mother is seriously ill and wanted her to live with them. They applied under elderly dependent visa route spending close to £2000 and it got rejected. It seems British government since 2012 has made it impossible for you to bring our parents from back home in their old age. This is so shambolic that a lot of BC's are moving to another country in EEA and then bringing their parents there and then coming via SS route. It is truly a sad state. I know another friend who is EEA and just became BC, he retained dual nationality. Now decided to bring his poorly health father to this country and thought of applying for pension credit which is available for any EEA citizen since they paid into the home country pension system. Now since my friend has become BC, his father does not qualify for this as he is assumed as a dependent of a BC and not allowed to claim any pension credit. So my friend renounced his BC after gaining it 5 months back and as soon as he did that, his father application was granted.

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello everyone ,

i had applied on may 27 2015 and enrolled my biometrics on 16 june 2015 .it was yesterday 9 sep i received my COA,and it says ,we will take decision within next six months....is it some kind of a joke.do i have to wait more six months from now ......would be gratful if some one can throw light on this issue.Does the six months time starts from application or the coa ? hope things will move on faster

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:53 pm

sidcostas wrote:Hi @ Annebee

Good luck Everyone.

Hi sidcostas
You are right , got Ror last year. I haven't got any travel plans so not bothered about my passport . Though I still find almost 6 months waiting for any resident application unreasonably too long.
I actually waited to apply for the biometric format PR(don't ask me why lol) just prefers it for some strange reason. Cos I remember coming back to UK sometime last year and the border control office that checked my passport clearly was very reluctant and with face full of doubt. He kept flipping through my passports, good a thing I had my previous ones attached. He then scanned one of me previous visa which I provided my biometrics for and then asked me to place my finger on the scanner. He then let me through after that

So when I learnt biometric format of PR will be introduced , I preferred to apply for that cos i just want to help this doubtful officials do thier work.

Anyway I should be one of the early birds . I applied on the 9th so fingers crossed for end of this month